Biggest soaking you've had at the football?

barrheadbear

2 biggest soakings for me:
Scottish Cup semi v scum at Hampden in 1992 - (1-0 McCoist) was in the uncovered enclosure and the rain never let up the whole game. Went to the game straight from work (via the Marlbrough pub) and was not suitably clothed for the downpour.
Hearts at Tynecastle, once again no cover whatsoever (cannot remember year, early 90's, late Hateley goal gave us 1-0 victory). Was so wet through could not sit down on bus seat afterwards.

The Huguenot

Osasuna at Ibrox back in the 80’s. The park was like a swimming pool and the subway was closed down. We got knocked out of Europe because of the rain.

mark hateley

Ranger 1-0 scum

Steven Davis.

Worst day ever for football. Awful just awful, lives with me for now until I die, great result.

Livibear

Bucharest for the Unirea game was mine.

I think it rained constantly for the whole three days we were there, but the game itself was the worst.

Auxerre in 2006 was very wet too.

Craigbank90

Osasuna,,,then had to walk home to Thornliebank,,,,,,,
I also remember a match at tannidice,,,Mark Walters scored a screamer,,,,,behind the goal no shelter,,,,,,year escapes me,,,,but pretty sure there was a strike that season so no games on television that season,,,,Haven't seen it since,,,,,maybe 1990,,,,

rez1872

Livorno without a doubt. Never been as drenched in my life and jeans were still soaked through flying home the next day.

tuc

Official Ticketer
Aberdeen 0 Rangers 0 played on a swimming pool during torrential rain and I wasn't under cover.

I got soaked walking to and from the game yesterday but it was nothing in comparison to the game above. I can't remember the year but I am sure there will be someone out there that can enlighten me.
absolutely soaked that day im sure snelders got injured by mccoist as well

RS_Jam

Over 20 years ago I remember a semi final versus St J at the Piggery and being inappropriately dressed and soaked to the bone

Bill the Butcher

Yesterday was wild pre and post match, although I'm lucky enough I now sit in the club deck so avoided it on the most part during the game. Worst of it was some dick going through a massive puddle at the motorway junctions next to Pollock park at speed on purpose.

I remember El hadji dioufs first game (where he got done by Ian Black) midweek 2011 season and it was a complete wash out. Was sitting in the enclosure and the stewards were allowing anyone who was daft enough to still be there after 70mins to stand against the back wall to shelter!
Yesterday was wild pre and post match, although I'm lucky enough I now sit in the club deck so avoided it on the most part during the game. Worst of it was some dick going through a massive puddle at the motorway junctions next to Pollock park at speed on purpose.

I remember El hadji dioufs first game (where he got done by Ian Black) midweek 2011 season and it was a complete wash out. Was sitting in the enclosure and the stewards were allowing anyone who was daft enough to still be there after 70mins to stand against the back wall to shelter!
Easy one this, Scotland v France 1989. Uncovered section of Hampden, fun.

Craigie

Love Street late 80s or early 90s. Was very young so don't really remember it. Just mind me and my dad sitting in thr car before it hoping it got called off.

Anyone know what game this would have been?
Early 1990's - couldn't see all the game due to the amount of golf umbrella's on the terracing.

Can't recall the score.

The game at Pittodrie when Snelders got his jaw broken was really bad. Spent the whole journey up expecting the game to be called off.

Dofek

Love street, early 90s I think. Was sitting in the car with my son praying it would get called off. Ended up standing with a carrier bag on my head which was obviously a waste of time. Can't even remember the score. Just spent the whole game wishing it was full time so we could gtf home.

luckywhitefeather

Livorno away
Got to be in Livorno

Open terrace , the market traders in Pisa must’ve made a bomb selling umbrellas to folk before getting on the buses through to the game there

I had rain jacket , normal jacket , stood with umbrella up the full game , still soaked, but what a result for the teddies

EKBB

Official Ticketer
Early 1990's - couldn't see all the game due to the amount of golf umbrella's on the terracing.

Can't recall the score.

The game at Pittodrie when Snelders got his jaw broken was really bad. Spent the whole journey up expecting the game to be called off.
Love street, early 90s I think. Was sitting in the car with my son praying it would get called off. Ended up standing with a carrier bag on my head which was obviously a waste of time. Can't even remember the score. Just spent the whole game wishing it was full time so we could gtf home.
Remember neither the golf brollys or the plastic bag lol

Dofek

Remember neither the golf brollys or the plastic bag lol
Do you remember the horrible b*****d of a st boo fan who was trying to pick a fight with everyone around him? He's lucky someone didn't drown him in a puddle.

A

Ali Baba

Us v rhats at hampdump.10 men beat em 1-0 1992?Absolutely drenched.

SSR

Midweek game at the old tynecastle absolutely pissed it down no cover on terraces my bovril turned into water in about 20 secs, the marseille 2.2 CL game or the 4.4 rangers v celtic at ibrox i was drenched
Was going to say Tynecastle early '80's midweek game open terrace :oops:

Jake

Midweek game at the old tynecastle absolutely pissed it down no cover on terraces my bovril turned into water in about 20 secs, the marseille 2.2 CL game or the 4.4 rangers v celtic at ibrox i was drenched
My initial thought. late 80's? my mate fkd it up with the comment"My soaks are letting in"

mike myers loyal

Was about to post the very same game.

Defo the winner by a mile. Was off school the rest of that week absolutely loaded with the cold. Wasn't just the horizontal rain. It was the wind too that night.
Yep, never made work for a couple of days after this one. Didn’t really care though!

Pygmy_archer

In the those dim and distant days when I followed Scotland, Scotland v France at Hampden in 1989. The north stand had been demolished by then and we were in the uncovered terracing where it had been, totally exposed to the torrential rain for the whole game and ended up completely soaked through to the skin. Swore that I’d only ever go back to Hampden in summer months.

Ally McCoist and Mo Johnston were combining brilliantly up front for Scotland and I remember saying to my mate that I would love see them playing together for Rangers but it will never happen. Shows you what I know.

Scotland won 2 nil.

Baloo72

88-89 season. 1-1 against St.Boo at the old Love St on the open terrace. Andy Gray scored an equaliser if memory serves.
Love Street late 80s or early 90s. Was very young so don't really remember it. Just mind me and my dad sitting in thr car before it hoping it got called off.

Anyone know what game this would have been?
That's the one

Open terrace, people quoting games they watched under a roof ffs ;)

Fudgie1973

In the those dim and distant days when I followed Scotland, Scotland v France at Hampden in 1989. The north stand had been demolished by then and we were in the uncovered terracing where it had been, totally exposed to the torrential rain for the whole game and ended up completely soaked through to the skin. Swore that I’d only ever go back to Hampden in summer months.

Ally McCoist and Mo Johnston were combining brilliantly up front for Scotland and I remember saying to my mate that I would love see them playing together for Rangers but it will never happen. Shows you what I know.

Scotland won 2 nil.
I was about to post similar, couldn't remember if it was this one or the Norway one. It was that bad the dye of my jacket had soaked through my jacket through my clothes and on to my shoulders, thought it was hypothermia at first when I saw I had blue skin:))

stonewall Jackson

The Scottish Cup quarter final in 1970 v the tarriers. It rained hard all day and the piggery pitch was the worst I've ever seen even for that era. There are a few pictures of the game on the photo thread.