Billy Gilmour loan.

We scored 92 league goals with a midfield in reality not scoring goals, we made a European Final with a midfield who in reality, don't score goals.

Real Madrid just won the CL with a midfield who, in reality, don't score goals, they beat Liverpool in the Final with a midfield who, in reality don't score goals.

Football and midfield at this moment, for a load of sides is about the trend of control of game from midfield rather than free scoring midfielders.

If Gilmour hadn't played for us, people would absolutely be suggesting we show an interest in a young Scottish player with the talent ceiling he has, it is nothing to do with Kenny f*cking McLean, when Kenny McLean is the best player on the park at an International tournament even at the age of 30 + let alone 20 try that constant comparison.
You keep using the season we won the league as an example. How about using last season when we fvcked the league? With pretty much the same players.

So Gilmour had a good game at the Euros, wow. We also scored 1 goal and gained 1 point that International tournament with him.

He may go on to be an outstanding player but at the moment he is just potential and someone else’s potential at that. We don’t need to be the ones that help him get there so someone else can cash in.

Folk questioning wether Gilmour would start before Davis? How many games did Davis start under Gio? Of course Gilmour would start before Davis.

You keep using the season we won the league as an example. How about using last season when we fvcked the league? With pretty much the same players.

So Gilmour had a good game at the Euros, wow. We also scored 1 goal and gained 1 point that International tournament with him.

He may go on to be an outstanding player but at the moment he is just potential and someone else’s potential at that. We don’t need to be the ones that help him get there so someone else can cash in.

I mean I said this as well which happened last season - we made a European Final with a midfield who in reality, don't score goals.

I would argue in a lot of the games that cost us last season when we f*cked the league it was control of games that was in part an issue TBH

He is 20 f*cking years old mate, playing for Scotland, what do you propose should be happening solely based on his presence.....

I mean I said this as well which happened last season - we made a European Final with a midfield who in reality, don't score goals.

I would argue in a lot of the games that cost us last season when we f*cked the league it was control of games that was in part an issue TBH

He is 20 f*cking years old mate, playing for Scotland, what do you propose should be happening solely based on his presence.....
Yes he’s 20 years old and you suggest we take him in and be the ones to get his stalled career back on track so he can then be worth money again for Chelsea. No thanks.

Yes he’s 20 years old and you suggest we take him in and be the ones to get his stalled career back on track so he can then be worth money again for Chelsea. No thanks.

I think he would be a good loan addition and add something to us just now yes or permanently if he could be picked up for a reasonable fee. I don't think at the age of 20 years old he is going to drag a Steve Clarke managed Scotland side to much at an International tournament.

I think he would be a good loan addition and add something to us just now yes or permanently if he could be picked up for a reasonable fee. I don't think at the age of 20 years old he is going to drag a Steve Clarke managed Scotland side to much at an International tournament.
Agree to disagree.

He chose the money and lights of the Premier League over Rangers so I don’t see why Rangers should be the ones trying to get his career back on track.

Agree to disagree.

He chose the money and lights of the Premier League over Rangers so I don’t see why Rangers should be the ones trying to get his career back on track.

Because it could be advantageous to us and we get something out of it TBH

The only spell when he was out the side as a consequence of selection was the dying embers of a manager about to be sacked for a spell of 6 games.

Those aside he was consistently in the side other then injury, illness or not being able to play the side he was on loan from.

He was pretty often playing for them TBH, the Gilmour wasn't playing much at Norwich thing is a load of bullsh*t.
I’m just presenting the bare statistics mate. He started 55% of Premiership matches, 33% of FA cup matches and %50 of Carabao cup matches.

Take this with a pinch of salt as the guy that's told me this is a bit hit and miss with info I get off him every now and again but we have enquired about a Chelsea player in on loan.but it's not Gilmour like I said pinch of salt

Eh? I don’t really understand what your argument against statistics showing he only played about 50% of starts are. I’m not panning the guy but it’s a strange hill to die on.

I'm not really dying on any hill TBH, I said he played a %^*& load of football for them last season, he did.

Take this with a pinch of salt as the guy that's told me this is a bit hit and miss with info I get off him every now and again but we have enquired about a Chelsea player in on loan.but it's not Gilmour like I said pinch of salt

Must be Lukaku as back up to Alfie :cool:

If you haven’t already noticed, Gilmour is shite but not because he’s actually shite - he’s shite because he left us for Chelsea and now we have fans who are too blindsided by what’s happened in the past to realise he would make a difference to us.

I mean, we’ll likely have Steven Davis, Scott Arfield and Sands starting 20/30 games between them next season - to suggest Gilmour wouldn’t come in and improve us is quite frankly ludicrous.

Is Gilmour strong enough physically and mentally to play in the SPL against hammer throwers who will foul him with impunity fully knowing that the officials will let them away with it.

Gilmour should surely have an eye on making it at a decent prem team to have a shot at Chelsea, going anywhere else including to us is basically giving up on any hope of that.

Genuinely what are you talking about?

Genuinely, thought it was 55%, not 50%, what % of games he was fit and available for did he play, your point seems to be here that he didn't play, when he did and you have since proceeded to weirdly keep following up on this regurgitating stats without context, and then not even sticking to that stat

A very decent prospect but not what we need as an expensive loan at this time

Sometimes we have trouble moving on from the past as a fan base. Its time for us to leave Gilmour to his career down south

Genuinely, thought it was 55%, not 50%, what % of games he was fit and available for did he play, your point seems to be here that he didn't play, when he did and you have since proceeded to weirdly keep following up on this regurgitating stats without context, and then not even sticking to that stat
55% of PL matches, 50% of Carabao Cup matches and 33% of FA cup matches.

This is just getting weird. Context? We’re simply discussing how many games he played…

55% of PL matches, 50% of Carabao Cup matches and 33% of FA cup matches.

This is just getting weird. Context? We’re simply discussing how many games he played…

It got weird when you first replied TBH, and sure number of games a player is actually available to be picked is pretty relevant

read the first page

13 pages on, does this have any substance, is it just waffling

Without wading through pages and pages of inane drivel regarding Billy's talent is there anything in this? He would be outstanding for us sitting at the base of our midfield with Lundstram.

I’d take Gilmour on loan. Reason? Quality. He’s not able to physically compete on those terms alone ( though he seems willing enough) but his athleticism looks sound enough. I recall he looked the best player on the pitch against a powerful England midfield. In games where we’re playing parked bus defences most weeks, it is creative players like him who can break them down. Of course maybe Gio has other ideas and happy to trust him in how we allocate our resources. We have Lowry coming through but we’ll be needing a pool of midfielders to get us through a long season with European involvement.

Back