Boli Bolingoli And Celtic Breaching COVID Rules - Sturgeon “Celtic and Aberdeen not expected to play for at least next week”

Not a chance, he wasn’t ineligible at all.

They should however be forfeiting the games that have been suspended, other teams are now going to have fixtures piling up further down the line due to a Celtic player breaking government rules.

My understanding of the rules is that he wasn’t ineligible in footballing terms, he shouldn’t have played based on the govt guidelines but the rules themselves don’t cover something like this.
And you are correct, there’s nothing in the football rules, just some guidelines.

I don’t believe for a second that Celtic didn’t know where he was.

If he was awol from training for 4 days and they didn’t know why then there’s no chance he’d be in the squad for the weeekends game.

I’m also pretty sure that the clubs normally hold onto players passports during the season.

The team had 2 days off after the Hamilton game and he went abroad mate, apparently to meet representatives of another club.

He could've easily gone without the club knowing his whereabouts.

Do your work know where you go when you've got 2 days holiday?

And you are correct, there’s nothing in the football rules, just some guidelines.

Revised rules were submitted for 2020/21

SPFL admin rules are online

SFA disciplinary are not

That statement is covid group related only. We can only hope theres a disciplinary statement coming.

But based on the last 10 years im being very stupid in daring to thinking it.

They've already started going on about Morelos apparently being 'smuggled' into the country recently via Dublin.

I kid you not.

Let's just play along with it :))

My understanding of the rules is that he wasn’t ineligible in footballing terms, he shouldn’t have played based on the govt guidelines but the rules themselves don’t cover something like this.
Of course they do as the Aberdeen players were ineligible to play midweek until postponed what's the difference the mentally challengeds clearly broke rules

The team had 2 days off after the Hamilton game and he went abroad mate, apparently to meet representatives of another club.

I'm absolutely sure that the management didn't know. No way they put him in the squad and play him. Even popcorn teeth is not that stupid.

That’s true mate but this thread was started at 9pm on Sunday day night surely someone official at Celtic must of known before ko in Sunday he trained with the team in Thursday why would it just suddenly come out that night and posted in here so quick

There should be an investigation to discover when Celtic found out about him . If before Sunday then they should have the book thrown at them . This internal disciplinary procedure should have nothing to do with the governing body

This is what they want us to believe didn't happen.

He went off for 4 days off.
Went to Spain.
Came back and trained (?) or whatever they do before match.
Went to Killie on Sunday.
Played whatever part he played.
Game finished.

Then said "oh, I meant to tell you, and no one knows... but I went to Spain".

In our work we contacted every employee before their holiday mate.

We told every one they had to tell the company if they were going abroad & if it was to a ‘banned’ country they would need to self isolate at their own expense for taking this risk.

Why wouldn’t they do this ?

Did Celtic not know about the meeting with the other club?

If it was a 2 day “holiday” then he may have been able to hide it. If it was 4 days then I’m not buying it.

They've already started going on about Morelos apparently being 'smuggled' into the country recently via Dublin.

I kid you not.

Let's just play along with it :))
You could quite easily believe they would make something up like that, and the worst part is that the manky hordes would lap it right up.
Im with you, play along with it and see how far it travels :)) :))

Celtic cannot be let off the hook here. Being praised by Petrie. What we all need to know is this:

1. When did Bolingoli leave for Spain?
2. When did he return?
3. Did he miss training?
4. If yes, what was his reason for missing training.
5. Did he make anyone at Celtic aware BEFORE the Kilmarnock game that he had broken the rules and had been in Spain

If he told someone at Celtic then they need to be hammered, not praised.

Did Celtic not know about the meeting with the other club?

If it was a 2 day “holiday” then he may have been able to hide it. If it was 4 days then I’m not buying it.

According to Lennon he'd no idea he was meeting another club and he'll be in even more trouble if he did.

He's also asked for other club to come forward so they can trace and test.

Lennon also confirmed it was 2 days, as opposed to 4.

There should be an investigation to discover when Celtic found out about him . If before Sunday then they should have the book thrown at them . This internal disciplinary procedure should have nothing to do with the governing body
Whilst doing that they may want to conduct an investigation into the alleged investigation they are conducting (2 year now) into child abuse at the boys club.
History will tell you they are not very good and investigating themselves!

Airport Auntie spotted him, took his photo and grassed him in as he tried to slip back in via customs...
fQrmqdK.png

Killie need to ask Doncaster what they are doing re ineligible player for the game

Surely they will not just ignore this

Bolingoli has put their players and families at risk so mentally challengeds need punished

They need to forfeit the game and award Killie a 3-0 win

Didn’t the Scottish Sun report it Ed ? I haven’t read how they found out right enough.
I saw it in the Sun long after @clubdeckcharlie started this thread. The media get most of their news on forums and Twitter these days.
Like many I opened the thread and thought it was probably another internet hoax. How wrong was I?
So, someone, somewhere knew he did this. It's hard to believe that Lennon, with his hands permanently cupped to ear, didn't hear anything.
I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out the club knew but they are so arrogant after a decade of getting away with everything.
When you look at the possible ramifications it has to be the dumbest thing any sportsman has ever done.

That's what happened to Hearts for fielding inelible player in league cup i think.

Boli was to self isolate at the weekend so means he was ineligible.

Further 2 point deduction and 10k fine surely?

In what way is he ineligible? Genuine question.

It's akin to playing a player who's carrying an injury.

He did not follow executive guidelines. That should see him in court & fined, as if it was me doing similar, I'm fairly certain I would be. To me that would suggest he has broken the law governing quarantine. It then follows that if he had followed the guidelines, he would've been in quarantine, thus making him ineligible to play.
Scum guilty as charged!

In what way is he ineligible? Genuine question.

It's akin to playing a player who's carrying an injury.

We await the covid joint response group addendums to existing disciplinary rules which surely have to have been made in order for the season to proceed

The SFA page link is still showing 19/20 and the links broken.

I saw it in the Sun long after @clubdeckcharlie started this thread. The media get most of their news on forums and Twitter these days.
Like many I opened the thread and thought it was probably another internet hoax. How wrong was I?
So, someone, somewhere knew he did this. It's hard to believe that Lennon, with his hands permanently cupped to ear, didn't hear anything.
I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out the club knew but they are so arrogant after a decade of getting away with everything.
When you look at the possible ramifications it has to be the dumbest thing any sportsman has ever done.

Sorry, I should’ve known Ed. FF gives these parasites so many headlines these days.

I still agree that there might be more to this. Did he go to Spain for an overnight ? Or to meet a club & they didn’t know about it ?

If they’ve been lying it’s a whole new ball game. The scum’s watergate :))

Back