Borna Barasic

There’s a distinct lack of effort from him. At Pittodrie (2-4 game) he lost the ball cheaply in the opposition half then just sauntered back down the pitch, which caused us to concede a goal.

For Burke’s goal yesterday he was caught out of position and as soon as Burke received the ball, his first thought was to look to the linesman hoping he’d be saved. Then he ran back but just as Burke was about to shoot he just stopped and gave up. There could have been a rebound to try to win.

It points to either laziness or a lack of game intelligence. I think it’s the former.

This is the same shite people were saying about Tav last year. Then he's been one of our best players since.

Got to give the guy a chance next season. He was being heralded as a superb signing two week after we had bought him ffs.

Needs a pre-season and a run in the team.

He's running out of time and chances I feel. Shame as I think there is a player there. He seems to have the heart of a mouse though and is made of glass.

Nothing like Tav situation...

Tav had proved his worth but people were questioning whether he could make leap from Championship to being SPL star man...this season he was best right back in league by a mile. But he had goodwill in the bank and had shown fight, stamina and goals.

This is the same shite people were saying about Tav last year. Then he's been one of our best players since.

Got to give the guy a chance next season. He was being heralded as a superb signing two week after we had bought him ffs.

Needs a pre-season and a run in the team.

I disagree with the Tav stuff, yes he was criticised, but Tav was never a hider and never displayed a lack of interest like Barisic does, he looks like he is going through the motions every time he takes to the field.

He was terrible yesterday. An out of position Flanagan is twice the left back Barasic is. You can kind of forgive defensive frailties in a full back, but even that part of his game has gone.

A very disappointing signing.

309 replies and nigh all slating Borna and most are totally oblivious to the fact that he has hardly played for month and is thrown into it at one of the most vile grounds that you can find, pitch and player-wise.

Likewise, you wonder who planted that "hider" mantra into the brains of people, as many willingly accept it and this rubbish grows arms and legs. But perhaps people would rather want to see our players tear into the opposition like these Killie brawlers do ... and seem to forget that we are usually refereed like a basketball side, as opposed to the opposition?

309 replies and nigh all slating Borna and most are totally oblivious to the fact that he has hardly played for month and is thrown into it at one of the most vile grounds that you can find, pitch and player-wise.

Likewise, you wonder who planted that "hider" mantra into the brains of people, as many willingly accept it and this rubbish grows arms and legs. But perhaps people would rather want to see our players tear into the opposition like these Killie brawlers do ... and seem to forget that we are usually refereed like a basketball side, as opposed to the opposition?

To be fair mate, it's not as if his performance yesterday was a one off.

He’s made 20 other appearances this season and I can count the number of decent games he has had on one hand.

If yesterdays appearance in the starting 11 was SG giving Borna a chance to impress and show he has a future at the club he failed miserably. Caught totally out of position at Killie's 1st goal and although the penalty was soft, his tug on O'Donnell gave the ref a decision to make.

The first few games from Barasic I really thought we had signed an quality left back, similar to Tav on the right, someone who had the fitness to get up and down the pitch all game and deliver crosses with pace and accuracy. It has all fizzled out, he looks a player completely out of sorts and unable to handle the physical nature of our game.

Perhaps he will be given until end of the summer transfer window to see if things turn around but I would not hold my breath that either he and his buddy Grezda are at Ibrox come 1 September.

Wasn't there faux outrage because he said he would never play on a plastic pitch?

If he played 90minutes yesterday he did ok then.

He's not got it.

Interestingly I didn't know he was at Dinamo when he was younger after his first spell with Osijek, he only played one game there - obviously am speculating here but was it a case of not having the mentality to play at a larger club?

He's not got it.

Interestingly I didn't know he was at Dinamo when he was younger after his first spell with Osijek, he only played one game there - obviously am speculating here but was it a case of not having the mentality to play at a larger club?
he played as a left winger.... was shite, now shunted to left back or a left wing back role.

he can't defend.

tidy possession based football he will excel at.

He's not got it.

he played as a left winger.... was shite, now shunted to left back or a left wing back role.

he can't defend.

tidy possession based football he will excel at.

Amazing how all this information can be found online yet it appears our checks went unnoticed and we took a punt on him.

Someone didnt do there job properly with Barisic we heard last summer that we do strict checks and the major one was the capability and mentality to play for Rangers i guess that wasn't followed here eh ?

Amazing how all this information can be found online yet it appears our checks went unnoticed and we took a punt on him.

Someone didnt do there job properly with Barisic we heard last summer that we do strict checks and the major one was the capability and mentality to play for Rangers i guess that wasn't followed here eh ?
genuinely think we got excited when we saw him play. easy to do so when coming up against our players and we know the standards of them. Also, he was in or about the Croatia squads.

what happened after that is our team improved and the players in the squad got better, imo as the season went on left borna behind.

grezda is the puzzling one. nothing of that one makes sense

genuinely think we got excited when we saw him play. easy to do so when coming up against our players and we know the standards of them. Also, he was in or about the Croatia squads.

what happened after that is our team improved and the players in the squad got better, imo as the season went on left borna behind.

grezda is the puzzling one. nothing of that one makes sense

I was sceptical over Barisic I mean the hype on here was quite ludicrous at the time I didn't get too caught up on it considering many were forming the opinion over two games and because of playing for Croatia.

I kinda thought initially it was a bargain but after his first few performances there hasn't been anything positive to say about him and that's not taking into account the constant injuries.

As for Grezda even I can't fathom that one there's barely anything of him review wise or clips before he arrived we've taken a punt on an unknown who was signed whilst seriously injured that's says it all for me and i think he's a dud.

Without being too stereotypical I feel he would be better-served shampoo and setting my old nan or serving me G&Ts in Premium Economy than pretending to be a Rangers fullback.

Back