Borna Barasic

He is an international player but it's a bad day when I would rather we played two players (Halliday or Flanagan) out of position ahead of him.

Sooner we get him and his mate Grezda off the books the better. Both have ability but clearly no heart.

He gets a game for one of the best technical international teams on the planet but for us he seem like a pub league player. Totally baffled by his performances for us to be honest.

Absolutely a man down playing this man at left back.
Reported missing for the first goal.
Contributed practically nothing the entire day.
Was weak in the tackle, his distribution consisted short wee passes to Halliday.
A woeful player, that is nowhere near what we require at this club.
Number one priority is to move him onto a club at his level, and bring in a more forward thinking aggressive left back, like Lowe at Aberdeen.

He’s got to be away this summer surely? What a monumental waste of money. An absolute shitebag of a football player.

Pop off to Croatia for your holidays and stay there, save all of our eyes from extra bleeding next year.
RqlqduF.gif

For me the most worrying thing is he has the hear the size of a peanut and that you can't cure. I hope we can get rid of him ,we do need a top quality LB.

He’s got to be away this summer surely? What a monumental waste of money. An absolute shitebag of a football player.

Pop off to Croatia for your holidays and stay there, save all of our eyes from extra bleeding next year.
I normally stay quite reserved with players but where my seat is at Ibrox I’m pretty much over the top of that position and I’ve been extremely disappointed with this guy. His performance today doesn’t turn my thoughts on him.

He's not at the required level and should be moved on. Croatian international so we should have no problem at least recouping our investment

The next time he will pop on our radar is for a team in the champions league and he scored and assisted with 2 goals against Madrid.

It will be a real head fuuk.

I’ll be amazed if he’s here at the start of next season. An absolute imposter. No heart, no desire and the biggest attribute of his game, his delivery, appears to have deserted him.

The next time he will pop on our radar is for a team in the champions league and he scored and assisted with 2 goals against Madrid.

Not as mad as it appears. He'd probably do well at a mid table Spanish side or something.

I think it’s just the demand to win every game and the big crowds that are too much for him. Obvious technical ability but what use is it when he spends most of his time either hiding or trying to pass on the responsibility to his team mates?

Haha, this is a real possibility. I can't think of many that we've binned who have been great afterwards though. Rino Gattuso did ok I suppose...

Ive never seen any real stand out performances from him even before we signed him i cant remember being anything spectacular when we played osijek. he looks terrified when he plays. not 1 positive pass today all simple pass backs to haliday most of the time incapable of taking a man on. there was a decent build up play today and when barasic got the ball played to him wide left with oceans of space and instead of whipping it in he cut it back to kent, negative play again. I really hope his international status can help attract some interest from other clubs

One of a few that aren’t good enough to remain with the club
I agree I gave him every chance I'm my mind I thought he would come good but offers very little even going forward ,even though it was a dive for a penalty getting caught behind the player was very poor.

For me Barisic is the best example we have of a player who has the ability but lacks almost every essential attribute to play in this league. A lesson learned, hopefully.

With what we have saw ith us I would agree but if he can play for Croatia anything is possible.

It's only really him and 30 year old Marin Leovac (5 caps) for the left back slot I've mentioned it previously the left back area is a problem area for Croatia they don't have much quality or depth in that area of the team. Just because Barisic is an international player doesn't mean he's quality.

Him and Grezda will go down as 2 of the worst signings we have ever made, millions splurged at a time when spending money wisely is absolute crucial.

He doesn’t look interested at all, he should be punted at the first opportunity, knowing is it will be at a huge loss.
They are not near the worst signings we have ever made by a long way but I hope we can replace them.

I am not convinced by Barasic but the slaughtering he is getting on here is way OTT. He is being blamed for the first goal? Seriously? He was supposed to anticipate the terrible loss of possession by Kamara was he? Bizarre. A for the penalty, I don't think that was any more than one of these things that happen to all defenders. I just don't see how in amongst that performance today, when few of our team emerge with pass marks, Barasic is the one getting slaughtered.

Time will tell, but I wouldn't be altogether surprised if, with a good pre-season, he proves to be the real deal next season. We write off players far too easily. Much like many wrote off Davis after what two games?

We should persevere.

Better players than Borna have struggled to settle in.

(Ally McCoist, Mark Hateley...)

You said it yourself, better players than Borna

If we can get 3-4 million based on him being a Croatia International take it and run a mile.

He was woeful again. He certainly doesn't play like he's a Croatian international. I think that he's just not suited to Scottish Football. Unlike Katic, he doesn't seem to enjoy the physical side of the game. A shrinking violet.

One of them was MOTM in Croatia's recent game. Surprisingly it's not Katic.

It’s not that he isn’t good enough, it’s his half-arsed attitude.

Couldn’t be bothered to track Burke for the 1st goal and a needless tug gave the ref a decision to make re the pen.

If you don’t want it enough, you’ll find the airport off the M8 near Paisley

I am not convinced by Barasic but the slaughtering he is getting on here is way OTT. He is being blamed for the first goal? Seriously? He was supposed to anticipate the terrible loss of possession by Kamara was he? Bizarre. A for the penalty, I don't think that was any more than one of these things that happen to all defenders. I just don't see how in amongst that performance today, when few of our team emerge with pass marks, Barasic is the one getting slaughtered.

Time will tell, but I wouldn't be altogether surprised if, with a good pre-season, he proves to be the real deal next season. We write off players far too easily. Much like many wrote off Davis after what two games?
Kamara was to blame.

It’s a pointless end of season kick about.

Kamara was to blame.

It’s a pointless end of season kick about.
I never think any competitive match that Rangers are involved in is pointless.
But clearly, the manager was almost of the opinion that today wasn't important enough to risk players on or even to ask some to give us that bit more when the result didn't change anything of importance for Rangers.
I wanted to win, but unlike most other games when we fail to win, I won't go to bed playing the game over in my head.

As for blaming players for the defeat, who do you start with and why?

I never think any competitive match that Rangers are involved in is pointless.
But clearly, the manager was almost of the opinion that today wasn't important enough to risk players on or even to ask some to give us that bit more when the result didn't change anything of importance for Rangers.
I wanted to win, but unlike most other games when we fail to win, I won't go to bed playing the game over in my head.

As for blaming players for the defeat, who do you start with and why?
For their first goal, Kamara was needlessly dispossessed.
It happens.
Second goal, defenders push and pull all the time.
It happens.

Like you pal, I never want to see us lose but we did.

If you and I are having the same conversation this time next year then we have a very serious problem.

Let’s wait and see what next season brings.

Called him out after a few appearances.

Could tell then he wouldnt have it.

Was telling today how reluctant anyone was to pass to him. Halliday only passed to him as a last resort.

This guy is showing that he just dosen't want to be here, he's not interested and showing it, with his couldn't care attitude out on the pitch.
Watching him to -day was absolutely brutal, why he wasn't replaced, beats me, as it was obvious that he was just going through the motions.
Hopefully that's the last time we'll have to watch him, playing in a blue jersey, as his attitude stinks.
Do the right thing Stevie, and get rid of him and Grezda, if possible.

One of them was MOTM in Croatia's recent game. Surprisingly it's not Katic.

He undoubtedly has talent, unfortunately we've not seen much of it. Whether that is down to his attitude or the fact he isn't suited to Scottish Football, only he knows. It would be great if he turned it round next season and was a success, but he's running out of chances. Look at how Katic responded to being dropped, Barisic doesn't seem to have that drive or desire to succeed.

I remember his debut at Ibrox and thought we have a star here terrific left foot, hard as nails and great going forward.....where did it all go wrong?

Him and Grezda will go down as 2 of the worst signings we have ever made.

They aren't even 2 of the worst signings in the last 5 years

Barasic does have the look of a player who doesn't want to be in Scotland, You'd think if he want to still be considered for the Croatia squad he'd at least try and put in good performances for us

So overawed by it all he’s often caught in fairyland, allowing players to get wrong side of him.

I’d be really surprised if he ever turns it around. We don’t need dozy defenders that can’t stay switched on.

He'll not be there long enough to turn it around, as it's obvious that he can't handle the rigours of playing in the SPFL.
He'll be chapping the gaffers door, asking to go back home, if he's not already done so.
I think he and his buddy Grezda, will be off in the close season, as they've both been found out to be 2nd.rate imposters.And become a waste of space.

The sort of player who would thrive in a more technical league. Just doesn't have the heart to play in the SPFL it seems.

I thought we had signed a warrior after seeing him with that head bandage when he played at Ibrox for Osijek, how wrong I was.

The more I look back the more I wonder if he had that head bandage on cause a lock of his hair fell out.

I struggle to call a current active Rangers player a shitebag, or heartless.

Fortunately I am a man willing to overcome my struggles - So he is a bit of a shitebag and seems if he needed a heart operation like Goldson the surgeon would struggle to find it.

Doesn't matter if there is a player in there. He is not willing to put it all on the line for the jersey, so immaterial how good he is technically.

I think it’s just the demand to win every game and the big crowds that are too much for him. Obvious technical ability but what use is it when he spends most of his time either hiding or trying to pass on the responsibility to his team mates?

Which is why, with a bit more patience, he might just come good.

I am certainly not yet ready to join the hysterical lynch mob who seem desperate to chase him.

Back