Boycott away grounds

The club whom I want to boycott the most is Motherwell. They rely on our money. We need to start thinking smart as a support. We officially refuse tickets, then publicly say a couple of days before the game that we're going. They then put on a cash gate, pay for Police and Stewards along with food, then we don't turn up. It would cost them 10's of thousands.

This is what we need to do now.

We have supporters that refuse to do this as we have seen over the last decade or so. The club need to refuse tickets in order for this to happen.
Yes - at last common sense.

Starve them of your hard earned - gate receipts - food vendors and pubs in the area.

FFS this makes sense.

Time for action.

Whatever way I look at this - from any level, angle or viewpoint - we're a busted flush

Our board are reluctant to react - let alone fight our corner - against the most biased & corrupt authorities in world football

We as fans ( including myself ) will do the sum total of zero - apart from complaining on here -

Outside influences - such as the media - will never say a word out of place

Looks to me like we've just got to suck it up

Last edited:
There won't be large numbers at the piggery.So as some posters suggest Rangers can't win without away fans there, then that's an automatic 3 points for them?
I was commenting in general terms. The Parkhead game aside we’ll continue to be heard, as we were at Tynecastle with reduced numbers.

I don’t subscribe to the view that Rangers can’t win there in these circumstances.

We have supporters that refuse to do this as we have seen over the last decade or so. The club need to refuse tickets in order for this to happen.
I have since 2011 and only once I have broken it as my mates needed a driver as they were In hospitality at Perth so I drove them

That being the case, what can we as fans do to put pressure on others that will make some sort of difference in our favour?

Every time in recent history that something controversial comes up, we as fans are utterly inept at coordinating a response. We just keep giving money to those who hate us, and they just keep falling in line with the main instigators of hate against us.

Our fan base really needs to wisen up.
Our fans can put pressure on our own board to hire a managing director who isn't a total idiot.

That would have much more of an effect than any away boycott.

The club will never do this as they would lose money on mygers memberships

Imagine for a second the club had the balls to decline away tickets. All that would happen is the clubs themselves would sell them and people would buy them.
There is hardly a club that can fill there ends when we are visiting. There is no chance they would sell our allocation anywhere else apart from over at Savilles Hole

Have said for years, we get incredible support at away games and it makes a real difference

But apart from a ticket, we should buy %^*& all else. No programmes, no food or drinks. Minimum we need to give them

There were no fans at all last season, if we boycott we will be putting the team at a disadvantage as there will be home fans

To indulge for fantasy sake and directed at everyone who agitates for boycotts (high % likely aren't avid travelling fans) what do you think will happen as an outcome to a boycott?

To indulge for fantasy sake and directed at everyone who agitates for boycotts (high % likely aren't avid travelling fans) what do you think will happen as an outcome to a boycott?
It's pretty obvious what will happen it will hurt the home side in the pocket , keep doing it until they come round to our way of thinking when votes are required on certain issues, every team outwith us & them need the 2 home games against the old firm how long will it take before it starts hurting them if they only get 2 old firm games at home a season .

Exactly but they will not do it no matter if it costs us points, it just doesn't matter as long as they can say they go to every game.

I won't be doing it out players absolutely thrive off it did use see them after we beat hibs and hearts recently we gave them that extra 10% in those games as the fans were absolutely class I'll be there as will as many others
That's right keep giving the haters money.

The away support is only helping others to hurt Rangers ,
Explain the laugh , I would like to hear your thought's on how it doesn't you financially pay money to another club who's actions hurt Rangers by continually voting against us .

It's pretty obvious what will happen it will hurt the home side in the pocket , keep doing it until they come round to our way of thinking when votes are required on certain issues, every team outwith us & them need the 2 home games against the old firm how long will it take before it starts hurting them if they only get 2 old firm games at home a season .
That's not an outcome, so is it a long term boycott of all away stadiums, including Hampden for semi and final matches?

Just a reminder that we were out of the top league for a few years, clubs obviously survived, clubs cut our allocations and...still survive.

Have said for years, we get incredible support at away games and it makes a real difference

But apart from a ticket, we should buy %^*& all else. No programmes, no food or drinks. Minimum we need to give them
I do this just ticket then food or drink beforehand

The away support is only helping others to hurt Rangers ,
You could really say that about Any away support, in any league. We're giving them a few £££, but if you're talking about anti-Rangers votes, they will Not decide suddenly not to vote against us just because there is some sort of half-baked boycott. History has shown that. When they voted to send us to oblivion, they weren't thinking with their pockets, only with their loathing. Our away support is something else.

Why Labour on this when we know no matter what we think teams will never go behind us in this fight
I am going to enjoy that we are 6 points ahead and think we could be 8 clear before the break and look on the positive that Gio will have another month to get the team even better and pump them in February.

That's not an outcome, so is it a long term boycott of all away stadiums, including Hampden for semi and final matches?

Just a reminder that we were out of the top league for a few years, clubs obviously survived, clubs cut our allocations and...still survive.
Not cup matches just league games long term some clubs wouldn't be unable to sustain their losses the would have to reduce squad's cut club costs & the knock on affect would be they would lose some of their own support when we were out the league they didn't actually thrive did they even the Tim's had to close their top tier as their attendances where 30/35 thousand , financial boycotts do work .

You could really say that about Any away support, in any league. We're giving them a few £££, but if you're talking about anti-Rangers votes, they will Not decide suddenly not to vote against us just because there is some sort of half-baked boycott. History has shown that. When they voted to send us to oblivion, they weren't thinking with their pockets, only with their loathing. Our away support is something else.
After the Kangaroo Court sent us down the league's some of the directors of clubs in the top tier said it was a mistake to send us down to the bottom tier as they didn't realise the financial impact it would have on them but hindsight is a wonderful thing, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock & even that arse Thompson at Dundee Hibs mentioned that it cost them financial in the long run .

Not cup matches just league games long term some clubs wouldn't be unable to sustain their losses the would have to reduce squad's cut club costs & the knock on affect would be they would lose some of their own support when we were out the league they didn't actually thrive did they even the Tim's had to close their top tier as their attendances where 30/35 thousand , financial boycotts do work .
Why not cup matches, shared gates, Ibrox too? Or do you want to pick and choose the boycott, wouldn't want to miss out on a semi or final!

Why would they lose some of their own support? Most clubs have cut our allocation already, can't see their fans deserting them, nor did they really when we weren't in the top flight.

By the way I agree with you we have the best support in the world as I stay mostly in England now but still a season ticket holder in the Govan rear
I am forever telling my English friends that who support , man u , man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Leeds that not one of them comes close to a Rangers away support but I still think we should box clever & boycott certain grounds , cheers .

We won’t boycott clubs into voting with us. We’ll waste years arguing about it and alienating ourselves further and still be sitting in the exact same place. It’s time for the club to build relationships over time and lead. It’s a long game and won’t be won by sitting in the corner by ourselves.

There is hardly a club that can fill there ends when we are visiting. There is no chance they would sell our allocation anywhere else apart from over at Savilles Hole
You’re maybe misreading my post.
Say it was Motherwell, they would just sell the tickets to our fans directly.

Why not cup matches, shared gates, Ibrox too? Or do you want to pick and choose the boycott, wouldn't want to miss out on a semi or final!

Why would they lose some of their own support? Most clubs have cut our allocation already, can't see their fans deserting them, nor did they really when we weren't in the top flight.
Am sure if you check the Tim's didn't have 60,000 at the knew camp when we were in the lower league's their top tier was covered in banners every home game , & Cup games we share the gate so we would get a cut of the gate not losing out on gate money but in league games the home team keeps the gate so don't give them the money , simple anything we don't get money from don't go , why fill half of Pittodrie or Easter Road & double there gate money when they hate us .

I wholeheartedly agree, Rangers should tell teams we’re not taking any tickets to games and fans should get treble mygers points for not going

See this thread about 8 times a year.

Even when our club rejected tickets to Tannadice, some couldn’t resist.

We won’t boycott clubs into voting with us. We’ll waste years arguing about it and alienating ourselves further and still be sitting in the exact same place. It’s time for the club to build relationships over time and lead. It’s a long game and won’t be won by sitting in the corner by ourselves.
The best of luck with that nobody wants to build bridge's with us next year is 10 years since Scottish football tried to finish us , I don't see any hands across the table in our direction just hatred & the resolution 12 stuff , they have bought into the tim stuff that we cheated the whole of Scottish football, their is no friends to make that's how we are still in this position of having no say in the run of things the Tim's rule the roost we have to fight dirty fire with fire , turn the tables with us & them do you think we would've got the league shut down brought forward , I think you know the answer to that .

See this thread about 8 times a year.

Even when our club rejected tickets to Tannadice, some couldn’t resist.
Mind that haha. The scab patter back in the day was hilarious

Still can’t believe 400 thought they were too staunch to stand shoulder to shoulder with the rest of our fans

Mind that haha. The scab patter back in the day was hilarious

Still can’t believe 400 thought they were too staunch to stand shoulder to shoulder with the rest of our fans

I remember watching in Bar 72 and they came up on screen in the home end, place erupted into boos.

We never boycotted when it should’ve been done we couldn’t even boycott home games to send a message to get rid of rats
Imo don’t boycott this season roar them on to gain champions league entry and 56 then next season hit them but sadly won’t happen

We never boycotted when it should’ve been done we couldn’t even boycott home games to send a message to get rid of rats
Imo don’t boycott this season roar them on to gain champions league entry and 56 then next season hit them but sadly won’t happen
Weren’t some of our home attendances like mid 20k?

Fans definitely voted with their feet and boycotted, I was one of them

Weren’t some of our home attendances like mid 20k?

Fans definitely voted with their feet and boycotted, I was one of them
I was one aswell but if it’s was done by everyone sticking together they would’ve been gone quicker don’t think it ever hit as low as 20k at any point

The best of luck with that nobody wants to build bridge's with us next year is 10 years since Scottish football tried to finish us , I don't see any hands across the table in our direction just hatred & the resolution 12 stuff , they have bought into the tim stuff that we cheated the whole of Scottish football, their is no friends to make that's how we are still in this position of having no say in the run of things the Tim's rule the roost we have to fight dirty fire with fire , turn the tables with us & them do you think we would've got the league shut down brought forward , I think you know the answer to that .
So we just keep it like this? What’s the point in trying to change it when it might take a while? It’s up to the club to put together a proper strategy for the long term and I hope it’ll consist of more banning people and losing votes 11-1.

This will never happen. I really would like to see us make these other clubs suffer so taking 3 points and beating them in cup competitions is our only option.

Back