Boycott away grounds

Am sure if you check the Tim's didn't have 60,000 at the knew camp when we were in the lower league's their top tier was covered in banners every home game , & Cup games we share the gate so we would get a cut of the gate not losing out on gate money but in league games the home team keeps the gate so don't give them the money , simple anything we don't get money from don't go , why fill half of Pittodrie or Easter Road & double there gate money when they hate us .
Celtic attendances dropped due to no competition. I'm sure now there is then it may not be the same.

The opposition club would still get money from semi and finals so if you want to starve clubs etc. and make a statement, why not? I think we know the answer.

Ultimately on every boycott thread, most of those that go on about it, it won't affect. It's just something of 'action' to agitate others to do but with we caveats.

Examples are this one, it's not to miss a semi or final and the Sports Direct ones, Ashley was the devil, boycott.....approaching Christmas folk were giving it 'aye but the wean wants the new strip.' FFS...:D

I think the Rangers players and manager would much rather go to the likes of Tynecastle, Easter Road, Pittodrie etc with the backing of a full stand of Rangers fans. For that reason I’m against any form of away ground boycotts.

this theory isnt really a truthful one
It really is :D

How many RSCs do you know that have been formed by people splitting from other RSCs, I know a few haha.

Then another example is the amount of bloggers/podcasters that set up their own because they want to be known fans. Outwith the known 2/3, most of the new ones just regurgitate the same content as the others

I hate this pish. I enjoy following Rangers much more than I dislike other clubs in the league. It would hurt the team more than anything

It really is :D

How many RSCs do you know that have been formed by people splitting from other RSCs, I know a few haha.

Then another example is the amount of bloggers/podcasters that set up their own because they want to be known fans. Outwith the known 2/3, most of the new ones just regurgitate the same content as the others

Heard a few over my Rangers days and I have heard alot of shite regarding some splitting and members leaving and occasionally heard the odd good reason too.

I just think its not really truthful in reality as we do get alot of RSC's sticking by each other and resolving issues that they may have.

This is what we need to do now.

We have supporters that refuse to do this as we have seen over the last decade or so. The club need to refuse tickets in order for this to happen.
Like the idea but will never happen, what could happen is we don't spend a penny when at the game

Boycotting away grounds won't do any good.

These clubs survive without our "blue pound" despite what some of us think they manage just fine.

Most of them would actually be happy to never see us inside their stadium again, even if it costs them a tidy sum. The only people it suits is the people who hate us.

I don't do many domestic games anymore. I was at Hibs and Hearts and was going to Aberdeen until it got pulled today as I pick and choose the games I attend in this shithole backwater so maybe I've no right to comment but unless it's closed doors and no fans therefore no obvious advantage/disadvantage then no just no Rangers supporters there would defo hinder us.

I love the fact that so many Bears want to follow the team every single game and every single away allocation is literally over-subscribed. Don't give them what they want.

I'd much rather Rangers, for once, grew a set of balls and hurt Scottish football in other ways such as withdrawing as much co-operation as contractually possible with the league, the media and the other teams.

Send Andy Firth out to do interviews for TV, radio etc that consist of one word answers, lobby the league and cup sponsors every single time we see corruption play out and tell them our co-operation will be minimal due to it, stop talking about the good of Scottish football and building bridges etc - there's loads we can do, but don't. It's not the fans battle, the lead has to come from the club with proper leadership - which we don't have.

Did you see the crowds at Easter Road, on the night of their new manager’s first game, it looked like they had imposed the 500 maximum early.

Same St Johnstone v Ross County,

There is a reason some clubs give us 2/3 stands, st Mirren came out and admitted it, there is a reason the others bump up the prices for our visits.

Generally most clubs see more home fans at games against us for the same reason folk want the Piggery allocation increased, the atmosphere.

remember the sell out Saturdays ? The days even the all conquering celtic had to close their top tiers ? Some clubs rely on us.

Zero clubs went bust in the years we were out the league with no Rangers gate money or Rangers games against them on the TV.

They literally don't rely on us.

They might cut their cloth accordingly in some other ways though to make-do but that's upto them. They don't need us - as has been proven loads.
Agree in part but take us out of the equation and they wouldn’t have got the TV deal they did at the time when we were in lower leagues

In an indirect way we did have an impact on the other clubs

We have supporters that refuse to do this as we have seen over the last decade or so. The club need to refuse tickets in order for this to happen.
How shecht do you want our opponents to be mate?

None of them went burst from Rangers fans not being in their grounds though. It's a myth that all these clubs hang onto our blue pounds to survive. Most of them would be delighted to never see us inside their grounds again.

Even though my days of going religiously every week all over Scotland pumping thousands every year into the Scottish game are long gone, I tend to find the loudest ones shouting about boycotts are folk that don't go anyway
Haha you’re bang on

Complete 100% boycott will never happen for a few reasons.
The club need to grow some and refuse tickets, ok clubs will sell to our supporters, then take some, don't put them out for sale, or do some random draw for a ticket that no-one wins and hand them back.
Or take up an allocation and at the end the time only taka very limited amount of tickets send the rest back therefore making it financially unviable to police the section
Look at ways to fcuk them up

I don't think you will get people to stop following the team,mate people love to go and see Rangers play and it's a big ask and for every one that doesn't, there will be another 4/5 willing to get a ticket,such is the demand.

I’ve said this on here in the past,but 300 or so turned up at tannadice when we tried it,we don’t use the power of the blue pound to our advantage.Oh,apologies to the Uber staunch before they start,the “I havnt missed an away game for x amount of years.

Agree. But will never happen. But if it did, I’m sure a good few clubs would quickly come round to our way of thinking.

The best way to get back at the other teams is to turn them over on their own patch with thousands of bears celebrating in the away end.
Guaranteed Hibs and Hearts would have hated seeing us celebrating and singing at the end of the recent matches while their own fans headed out dejected

1. We aren't Protest FC, leave them to that. Sharks, tennis balls, silent protests, dirty protests, political protests, boycotts etc.

2. We have class, do talking on the pitch and we follow, follow.

[EDIT]3. Let's face it, the boards of these smaller clubs were probably acting dutifully here. They know there's very little chance of having these games played in front of fans, but they probably had to vote for the vanishingly small chance that fans will be back in. The fact that it played into the scums hands I wouldn't read too much into (after all, look where their shenanigans have got them so far).

Last edited:
Absolutely. It's time for all those celt*c supporting d*ddy clubs to suffer the consequences of their decisions. In the past I would never have been in favour of Bears not following the team to away games, but as well as us beating them on the park, it's time to hit them where it hurts most.

We keep the lights on and fund signings and St Johnstone, St Mirren and Livingston by selling out 2 or 3 stands every time we go there. Their chairmen admit it and love to take the blue pound. Even if we don't go or only take 500/1000 tickets then this will hit them where it hurts.

We keep the lights on and fund signings and St Johnstone, St Mirren and Livingston by selling out 2 or 3 stands every time we go there. Their chairmen admit it and love to take the blue pound. Even if we don't go or only take 500/1000 tickets then this will hit them where it hurts.
do you attend away games? @watty200

Clubs went a full season without fans and were fine, us not going once or twice a season won't make any difference to them
What do people realistically want to achieve by a Boycott

1. We aren't Protest FC, leave them to that. Sharks, tennis balls, silent protests, dirty protests, political protests, boycotts etc.

2. We have class, do talking on the pitch and we follow, follow.

4. Let's face it, the boards of these smaller clubs were probably acting dutifully here. They know there's very little chance of having these games played in front of fans, but they probably had to vote for the vanishingly small chance that fans will be back in. The fact that it played into the scums hands I wouldn't read too much into (after all, look where their shenanigans have got them so far).
What about 3?:))

I’ve always agreed with that nuclear approach, but many of our support choose what suits them individually vs what suits or empowers the club.
There is no other way of beating them off the park.
They crawl over to septic in any vote, not before the posture and bluster a bit.
Then do similar after it!
We cannot beat them in the voting game.
Any other suggestions?

if we are to win this league we will need every rangers fan possible to attend every away game.we need to support our team through this!!!
That’s fair enough.
Do you have any other suggestions to what we can do to stop the scum having their backing on every issue?

None of them went burst from Rangers fans not being in their grounds though. It's a myth that all these clubs hang onto our blue pounds to survive. Most of them would be delighted to never see us inside their grounds again.

Even though my days of going religiously every week all over Scotland pumping thousands every year into the Scottish game are long gone, I tend to find the loudest ones shouting about boycotts are folk that don't go anyway

Says the guy that admits he picks and chooses away games, but only the big ones. Wish I was in that boat and I’m high gold MyGers applying for all.

How much did they spend on players or stadium improvements during that period.

They had increased revenue from other sources, for one everyone of them got an enhanced league position. Some an actual seat at the top table of the SPFL instead of the Championship.

They cut their cloth accordingly, don't think for a minute their financial planning doesn’t include 3 home games v us/celtic.

They cut their cloth accordingly, don't think for a minute their financial planning doesn’t include 3 home games v us/celtic.
Yes they do, that's obvious business sense. Overall though in the fantasy of an out and out boycott the reality is none would go bust due to it.

Other Scottish teams could increase prices of our away allocations to £1,000 per ticket and we would still easily sell them all out. There's basically nothing other teams could do to stop our support buying every single ticket going.

Oops, I'm giving them ideas.

Other Scottish teams could increase prices of our away allocations to £1,000 per ticket and we would still easily sell them all out. There's basically nothing other teams could do to stop our support buying every single ticket going.

Oops, I'm giving them ideas.
We really wouldn’t :))

A proposal usually made by someone that doesn't attend every away game if any at all.
Away days are a lot of peoples escape. So will never happen, and for good reason.

Zero clubs went bust in the years we were out the league with no Rangers gate money or Rangers games against them on the TV.

They literally don't rely on us.

They might cut their cloth accordingly in some other ways though to make-do but that's upto them. They don't need us - as has been proven loads.
It's affected the league quality wise for sure I'd go as far to say its probably just recovering. What people don't realise if the league deteriorates it affects the quality of player we can attract or keep hold of which in turn affects us in Europe. We have to boost the coefficient ourselves which isn't easy. Next season who ever finishes third which looks like it will be hearts they will have European football until Xmas which will boost then financially and hopefully they help the coefficient. Boycotting won't work teans survived without us for 4 years they can do it again it just means the league will be poorer. What we need to do is trying to force change trying to show teams there could be more money in this league if we make changes

Completely understand where the OP is coming from. I stopped going to away games after we were shafted from every angle by the member clubs. However, I'd had a good run at it with over 30 years of attending 80%+ of away games. Some of my best memories of watching Rangers were on those trips. I'm happy with my decision that not another penny of my money will go to these clubs, but I think it'd be a bit unfair of me to start demanding other younger bears miss out on those experiences. It needs to be a personal decision. I've made mine and others must make theirs. I'd never criticise a bear for wanting to watch his team.

Completely understand where the OP is coming from. I stopped going to away games after we were shafted from every angle by the member clubs. However, I'd had a good run at it with over 30 years of attending 80%+ of away games. Some of my best memories of watching Rangers were on those trips. I'm happy with my decision that not another penny of my money will go to these clubs, but I think it'd be a bit unfair of me to start demanding other younger bears miss out on those experiences. It needs to be a personal decision. I've made mine and others must make theirs. I'd never criticise a bear for wanting to watch his team.
Wish the “cut the Celtic allocation drastically/no away fan” brigade would understand this point

The clubs didn't vote to move the winter break to %^*& us over, they did it because of their own financial concerns. And if it wasn't for the fact games now clash with the African Nations Cup, it probably wouldn't have been that unreasonable an action. I don't think boycotting them is the right response, but I also don't think no matter what the circumstances are you'll ever agree to get everyone to boycott anyhow.

Although I never understand how any of our fans ever give Dundee United money after they fucked us over with the game that that was abandoned. Would be very happy if we never took a ticket from Dundee United again. And I actually think targetting one club would have more impact than boycotting everyone. Target one club and the others might think they don't want that to happen to them. Boycott every club, then they don't have anything to lose in future votes and are just as likely to vote against us again.

Back