Boycott away grounds

Have folk taken a second to realise games are going ahead on Boxing Day when we are at home and only 500 folk are allowed in.

who is compensating you me and every other season ticket holder ?

not affecting the ring leaders celtic is it ? They are away no financial implications for them.

They haven’t though, they’ve went with their own misguided view that it gives them a chance to get their supporters back in. Probably based on financial desperation. Just because they said they wanted the same thing doesn’t mean it was for the same reason.
Anyone with more than one brain cell will see that their won’t be fans back again for the foreseeable. They have done this to suck up to their hero’s. Again.
Corrupt shithole backwater this country. I utterly hate the place

Wont happen, but it absolutely should. Its the only power we have. The corruption is too much now. If we boycotted away grounds until they forced Doncaster out. It would be of huge benefit to the club.

I haven’t been to an away game for decades but I will give my opinion anyway,If there was any chance of an away game boycott it should be Bears that go to away games that propose it and vote for or against it not Bears like me.

i get the sentiment

it won't make any difference

the support did this years ago and it didn't make any difference

dundee utd away?

So we just accept getting butt f*cked by the scum every time something like this comes up?

The absolute stupidity of people really does astound me.

It’s just like all the people who moan about how sh*te the SNP government is yet continue to vote for them - exactly the same level of brain dead response.

This is what we need to do now.

We have supporters that refuse to do this as we have seen over the last decade or so. The club need to refuse tickets in order for this to happen.
And punish the team? nah you’re alright thanks

The vote tonight shows that Rangers FANS (not the club) need to organise and stop accepting the club’s inability to stand its ground. We need to make it abundantly clear to the other teams in the premiership that their cosying in with the scum will hurt their bottom lines. Nothing else will make these shower if shysters sit up and pay attention. A boycott of every domestic away game is now required.
I agree, even just for a season. Hit them in the pocket. Money talks.

So we just accept getting butt f*cked by the scum every time something like this comes up?

The absolute stupidity of people really does astound me.

It’s just like all the people who moan about how sh*te the SNP government is yet continue to vote for them - exactly the same level of brain dead response.
Maybe it's away tickets for votes

We absolutely should, but we won’t and every other club knows that and continues to survive on our money

We should but we wont, far too many selfish fans in it for themselves rather than the benefit of the club, tannadice was proof of that

I go to away games , if the club make the stance and don’t take tickets , I’ll be all for it , if they still take allocations what’s the point in missing out, the money has already exchanged hands and if I don’t go someone else will , as the OP said this has to 100% come from the club refusing allocations

They cut allocation but not enough so that they don't make money. No away ticket sales will hurt them. Look at Livi, the ground would be empty and it was their manager first out the traps demanding this break.
Livvy have managed as a club for years now with and without us in the same league as them

Have folk taken a second to realise games are going ahead on Boxing Day when we are at home and only 500 folk are allowed in.

who is compensating you me and every other season ticket holder ?

not affecting the ring leaders celtic is it ? They are away no financial implications for them.
They didn't like the way it was panning out and Scottish Football bent over, took one up the a*** so as not to upset celtic.

What have the other clubs done wrong here?
This is the other thing - it's not their fault that they're doing what they think is best for their clubs. It's not their fault that our managing director is a complete moron who was unable to make the very obvious case for keeping the break, or at least postponing the fixtures well into the future.

The failing here is at Stewart Robertson's door and nobody elses.

Why not? People that want a boycott obviously care more about hurting other clubs than backing Rangers, so why would you go cup games at Ibrox and "line their pockets"?
"Line their pockets".I'm pretty sure it was that fat beardy Motherwell guy mentioned us by name regarding lost revenue if BCD happened.So yes line their pockets is a fact.

I think most people just want to watch the football. Boycotts, etc won't work as there is no appetite for it. Away fans have been marginalised enough as it is.

"Line their pockets".I'm pretty sure it was that fat beardy Motherwell guy mentioned us by name regarding lost revenue if BCD happened.So yes line their pockets is a fact.

Well when possible, I'll keep going along to back the champions on to another league title whilst you sit at home with your principles in tact.

This is the other thing - it's not their fault that they're doing what they think is best for their clubs. It's not their fault that our managing director is a complete moron who was unable to make the very obvious case for keeping the break, or at least postponing the fixtures well into the future.

The failing here is at Stewart Robertson's door and nobody elses.
That being the case, what can we as fans do to put pressure on others that will make some sort of difference in our favour?

Every time in recent history that something controversial comes up, we as fans are utterly inept at coordinating a response. We just keep giving money to those who hate us, and they just keep falling in line with the main instigators of hate against us.

Our fan base really needs to wisen up.

We have supporters that refuse to do this as we have seen over the last decade or so. The club need to refuse tickets in order for this to happen.
I can't agree with this. Our team need our support to win this title and then we can ram it down our opponents throats.

Proposing that Rangers fans boycott anything is a waste of breath.
We couldn’t boycott Tannadice.
We couldn’t boycott Season tickets and even buy tickets game by game when Dave King requested.

A boycott of anything just won’t happen.

The best thing we can do Is continue to back our club financially and in large numbers wherever we play. With this management team in place we’ll be unstoppable in Scotland and continue to make progress in Europe.

I completely get all this stuff (boycotts etc) but with the same token by f*uck I am absolutely scunnered with listening to something that will never happen.

The vast majority will always go.

Why not? People that want a boycott obviously care more about hurting other clubs than backing Rangers, so why would you go cup games at Ibrox and "line their pockets"?
Because Rangers get half of that and believe me the money away grounds and local places take when we visit, keeps them going.

Ffs we are going for a title thats worth £40m quid i think the fans need to get behind the team , we go to support the rangers not support the home team

I do get the sentiment but we need to start boxing far smarter here.

We need to win votes. The easiest way to do that is get other clubs on side.

I’d start by holding out the olive branch to the 5 clubs who’ve been openly critical about the tv deal. As unpopular as that is given some of the clubs involved we need to start building support against the SPFL/Celtic.

There’s a number of clubs that undoubtedly when they are on the fence with nothing really to gain, just fall in line with Celtic.

The best thing we can do Is continue to back our club financially and in large numbers wherever we play. With this management team in place we’ll be unstoppable in Scotland and continue to make progress in Europe.
There won't be large numbers at the piggery.So as some posters suggest Rangers can't win without away fans there, then that's an automatic 3 points for them?

These threads are an embarrassment every time they're started.

An away boycott is never going to happen, and the idea is almost always brought up by someone who doesn't go to away games.
What I find embarrassing is the noise that comes from our support every time we get shafted by those in control of Scottish football and we do nothing. They know we'll do nothing.
Rangers supporters are quite happy to go along with the treatment they dole out to our club because they get to sing very loudly in their grounds and have a day out on the lash. The millions of pounds they fork out to do this is a price worth paying apparently. The haters can hardly believe their luck. " We %^*& them at every opportunity and they still give us millions"
Support? God help us.

We won’t be boycotting clubs into voting with us. We need to stop alienating ourselves and thinking we can ban people into being nice.

If you don’t want to go to away games, don’t, loads will, it’s generally only on here you ever actually hear this p*sh
I wouldn't go so low as to describe a different opinion as pish but I would respect others. Each to their own. Ultimately people will do what they see fit to do. Fair enough.

No other choice than to fill the pockets of the clubs that stab us in the back at every occasion.

The same fans that would rather see a stand full of Celtic fans at Ibrox so they can get their ticket for the piggery.

The clubs would sell their own allocation and local fans would snap them up. I was going to say that starving them of money it is the only thing that would make them take notice but it probably wouldn't. They hate us and grovel to them at every opportunity so no point in looking for backing from them.

Why? And don't hit me with the blue pound pish again.

Remember how some Premier league clubs were supposed to end up bankrupt while we came up through the leagues?

These threads are an embarrassment every time they're started.

An away boycott is never going to happen, and the idea is almost always brought up by someone who doesn't go to away games.
And using the term uber as an insult for our loyal supporters will initially result in deleted posts but happy to hand our early Xmas leave.

Back