Braga bang in form

I’d take a 1-0 win at Ibrox as I fancy us to score over there. They seem to score and concede a lot.

Yeah, but we're the mutts nuts. We'll take them.

Seriously though. It's going to be a tough game.

In a way I'm glad to see them improving in their own league, too many memories of going in against teams and thinking that Rangers should win (This happened too often under Smith's first reign and under Advocaat). Compared to more recent times where I think everyone gets up for the big games against teams we don't feel we are favourites in.

It will be a tough match but we could take them.

Either way there is no shame going out to them and it would ease up the fixture congestion and probably be better for our league ambitions. It's a win win for us.

It was always going to be tough match at this stage. Not conceding at Ibrox will give us a great chance though
Agreed, always a tough game at this point. Not ideal for us that they are hitting such a rich vein of form.

They are very good going forward but suspect at the back.

As previously mentioned, clean sheet at Ibrox will be key.

I'm basing this on nothing but a gut feeling but I dont think they will be able to cope with us at Ibrox.

Will be a tough tie but would like to think we are good enough to get a good result at home to take into the away leg.

They were not great. Watched the first half before our game and a bit of the second half. Scrappy game and could have gone either way to be honest. They will concede goals against us, just have to keep them out. If we turn up we will win over 2 legs.

Don’t think this will be as cut and dry as many people seem to think. It’s massive that we keep a clean sheet at home as we are more than capable of grabbing a goal over there.

There's no real easy ties now, the wheat is being sorted from the chaff, our European form leaves me confident though, Porto aren't having a great season by the looks of it (in Europe anyway) and we beat them as well so I think we are more than capable, confidence within the squad will be very high.

Was always going to be a tough game for us regardless of their form. Though if we can get a result at Ibrox against them then I fancy us to go through.

Probably getting carried away but I think we would give Liverpool a game on our night. Don't think we would win over the two legs as there forward line is frightening, but a game none the less.

I think this will be our toughest test so far. We will need to play the way we did for spells in the group stages but will have to keep it up for a full 90 minutes. Especially at home to avoid the away goal.

As soon and gloom as that sounds...I’m confident. I don’t fear any team under Stevie G

If we turn up with the form we have shown in Europe so far this season we should go through, but it's not going to be easy

Braga will be tough. But there’s no worrying aspect of it for me. We should still be confident as we are a right good team on our day. They’ll fear coming to Ibrox more than we fear going to their place.

Getting out the groups was fantastic, anything from here is a nice bonus.

Pft. We handled Porto as well. We'll smash them.

Honestly though, there's no such thing as an easy tie at this stage.

Tough games but definately winnable , I think they got slightly lucky to beat Porto the other night.
Porto missed 2 pens and Bragas first goal should’ve been chopped off for offside. ridiculous decision to allow it to stand

My fear is that they take their current form into the EL. I hope they make team changes due to their league position

I am thinking of going to Braga Away but the way it would work out for tickets we would be in the Home End.

I have only been to 2 matches outside Scotland being Cologne in the late 70’s and Manchester.

I remember being told stories from friends of my Dad about the behaviour of the Spanish Police in Barcelona ‘72 and what’s putting me off going to Braga is the way that the Wolves fans were treated recently by the Police.

Does anyone know what actually happened to the Wolves fans?

See Braga beat Porto away from home yesterday, that's now four wins on the spin for them. I'm thinking it's going to be some tussle when they come to Ibrox and any result without conceding will do me as I think we'll score over there.

make no bones about it this will be a major challenge for our team, this team are no mugs

For me this will be our toughest test in Europe under Stevie G by some distance however under his stewardship our European form has been magnificent and whilst we should be aware of the danger they pose we need to be concentrating on our strengths as opposed to theirs.

Im sure the gaffer will approach the game like all our other Europa games. He's a winner.
Think young boys are the only team to better us home and away.
Further we get in European competition will help us attract a better level of player also.

Crowd at Ibrox will be key. Patience and encouragement will be required from everyone.
The moans coming from some areas early doors against YB was ludicrous.

Braga lead in all of their 6 group games so they have to be respected but the only goal Rangers lost at Ibrox in the group stages was a 89th minute own goal,how our defence perform will determine if we go through this tie.

Feel as if they’re being written off by people who think that as they haven’t heard of them they aren’t a good side. Think they’ll be a tougher opponent than Porto due to their style of play.

Surely somewhere in Portugal there'll also be a thread along the lines of "Rangers - bang on form"

Won't be easy but no reason to suggest we can't get through this tie

The league is the only priority for me, and at this stage I'm more interested in St Mirren game than Braga game. We've already improved on last season in Europe, I'll not be greeting if we go out, and can focus exclusively on a domestic double.
Although I doubt I'll be saying that as soon as the Braga game kicks off . . .

League for me but to be put out would only be acceptable as long as the filth get dumped

It won't be easy, but we've overcame some very good sides so far. This team is capable of performing in Europe, and I've got a funny feeling these won't be our last games in the tournament.

Back