Bring Ross McCrorie home

I'd like him back he adds a bit of presence in midfield that was completely missing on Sunday. He be a great option to have for a bit of competition for the midfield three who all know when fit they'll play because there is nobody else pushing for a spot in their positions.

Well he’s injured the now so it’s pretty pointless but even still i still don’t see how mccorie would have made any difference to the hearts game. To beat the smaller teams you don’t resort to their level and place physical side of the game first. We should be able to beat these teams with our technical ability. On Sunday we needed someone to finish the chances we created in the game

Ross is a decent young player. However he needs to improve his passing of the ball if he is to feature regularly in our team. there is a reason why he went out on loan and that reason is that his distribution is poor. Games may well improve his confidence and ability, so a loan is the right move. We had enough players on Sunday that couldn't pick a pass. Katic was back to his old ways of just hoofing the ball. on a tight pitch in a physical game composure is what is needed.

I would use him but I am not the manager,

His passing and ball retention isn’t good enough for the way we play but hopefully that will develop.

Ross is a decent young player. However he needs to improve his passing of the ball if he is to feature regularly in our team. there is a reason why he went out on loan and that reason is that his distribution is poor. Games may well improve his confidence and ability, so a loan is the right move. We had enough players on Sunday that couldn't pick a pass. Katic was back to his old ways of just hoofing the ball. on a tight pitch in a physical game composure is what is needed.
If Kamara had ‘hoofed’ the ball up the park instead of showing ‘composure’ we would have won. There is a time and a place for both. But messing about outside your own penalty area is a recipe for disaster. We have brought back Hastie. Now also bring Ross back. We are in a bare-knuckle fight and need a full squad.

If Kamara had ‘hoofed’ the ball up the park instead of showing ‘composure’ we would have won. There is a time and a place for both. But messing about outside your own penalty area is a recipe for disaster. We have brought back Hastie. Now also bring Ross back. We are in a bare-knuckle fight and need a full squad.

to be fair, it wasn’t outside our penalty area, it was halfway through our half.
If Kent had made any attempt to make a forward run, if Barisic had moved wide to offer an out ball etc etc
We don’t just hoof it out, Kamara was surrounded and none of his team mates helped him.

As a Rangers and Pompey fan I agree, I have a large collection of butt-plugs
He’s getting nothing out of being at Pompey unfortunately. Got sent off in his first. Arch and never recovered his place in midfield. Started getting a game at right back in the absence of anyone else but then got injured

cant see him being played as a starter in minefield and we are doing well enough now that he won’t get a regular place

Was really hoping he’d go down there and show them what he’s all about. The Pompey crowd would’ve absolutely loved him but he’s just not had a chance to get going. bring him back

Glen Kamara has hit worse passes that have been more costiy than Ross ever has.

There’s another aspect to this, in that Glen struggles when something like this happens to him in a match.

In the Aberdeen match he absolutely capitulated mentally & really let the mistake affect his game that night. He was similar to Sunday that night. He needs to work on his mental strength.

That’s not what he’s saying mate.

Look at the BS Warburton took for years for not having a Plan B. Every top business in the world has contingency plans so why not football teams ?

To me no matter what Gerrards Plan A is there will be times that compromise is required, such as both games at Tynecastle & Pittodrie.

I have raised the issue for 18 months or so about our midfield group being ‘samey’ and we still should consider having BOTH defensive & attacking alternatives to our norm to cope with different circumstances.

I know you’ll say well that’s not Gerrard etc but I’ll say to you, it’s healthy to be able to react to things in life, football or not. Gerrard is a young manager who may change his view as he gains experience.
It’s completely different from Warbuton IMO, Grigo. Under Warburton we were diabolical and he was extremely stubborn on his ways and would tinker with the shape or formation, it was always open, expansive risky football with players who, realistically couldn’t do that. Under Gerrard it’s extremely different. Whilst the formation stays the same I think it’s clear to see the tinkering we do with the shape for different challenges.

Impressed me when he first started playing then seemed to lose his way hopefully if he comes back he will be more like he was at thebeginning

It’s completely different from Warbuton IMO, Grigo. Under Warburton we were diabolical and he was extremely stubborn on his ways and would tinker with the shape or formation, it was always open, expansive risky football with players who, realistically couldn’t do that. Under Gerrard it’s extremely different. Whilst the formation stays the same I think it’s clear to see the tinkering we do with the shape for different challenges.

I accept that & also agree NDC. And I absolutely love Steven Gerrard. He’s given our club, and us, our pride back.

All I’m trying to say is that it’s good to have a squad of players who can cover all eventualities on a football park.

Players are human & not robots and sometimes as you imply with Gerrard tinkering needs to happen. At both Aberdeen & Tynecastle we were ahead & lost two goals in each game. In retrospect, would Steven do something different in these games ? Having players in the squad to allow him options like that should be a consideration to me.

I accept that & also agree NDC. And I absolutely love Steven Gerrard. He’s given our club, and us, our pride back.

All I’m trying to say is that it’s good to have a squad of players who can cover all eventualities on a football park.

Players are human & not robots and sometimes as you imply with Gerrard tinkering needs to happen. At both Aberdeen & Tynecastle we were ahead & lost two goals in each game. In retrospect, would Steven do something different in these games ? Having players in the squad to allow him options like that should be a consideration to me.
That's exactly it mate. I love SG and his team and the system we play. But what happens when it's not working? We need to change it so we can win and our use of the bench and the ineffectiveness of it has been my only criticism all season.

We need to be able to adjust and be effective with our subs. And sometimes if that means bringing on someone like Ross to close games down and shut out danger we should be doing it.

And we should be playing to the strengths of our most effective subs instead of shoe horning ineffective players such as barker and Ojo into a system because they happen to run fast.

Greg stewart should of been used a lot more for example as he is more effective in a game but he hasn't because when it isn't working we keep going with the same ineffective players because they fit a system that isn't working at that particular time.

That's exactly it mate. I love SG and his team and the system we play. But what happens when it's not working? We need to change it so we can win and our use of the bench and the ineffectiveness of it has been my only criticism all season.

We need to be able to adjust and be effective with our subs. And sometimes if that means bringing on someone like Ross to close games down and shut out danger we should be doing it.

And we should be playing to the strengths of our most effective subs instead of shoe horning ineffective players such as barker and Ojo into a system because they happen to run fast.

Greg stewart should of been used a lot more for example as he is more effective in a game but he hasn't because when it isn't working we keep going with the same ineffective players because they fit a system that isn't working at that particular time.

Agree BR.

Both have been extremely disappointing & many times too. Also, Halliday this season seems to have gone back the way, and yet is on the bench most games.

Strange.

It's an interesting one. In the not so distant past Kamara was worth millions on here. One error (stupid play) then he's not good enough. Ross McCrorie who has had a howler and cost a goal through careless play is now a midfield enforcer.

I wasn't impressed he was allowed to go on loan, but he's not going to come in and dominate the way some on this thread suggest.

I take it he's still injured as he didn't make the squad tonight. Started back training last week with Pompey.

Not a popular opinion on here I know but for me Ross is more effort than ability. This works well in some of the tighter games were dig and fight are required but ability wise he “currently” isn’t of the level we require .
You know how it works.

Hard tackler = good player

Lots of folk on here rate Jon Flanagan for this simple reason.

Quite frankly, McCrorie should never been loaned out to any Club in the first place and is really shocking from Gerrard. A poor decision and I said it at the time.

A very athletic and aggressive player who can play anywhere along the back four , centre mid etc and gives 100% not to mention aerial ability.

Not a popular opinion on here I know but for me Ross is more effort than ability. This works well in some of the tighter games were dig and fight are required but ability wise he “currently” isn’t of the level we require .
Not popular but correct

It’s funny how after dropping points it’s a terrible decision when it’s been agreed by 99% that he doesn’t have the technical ability of the other midfielder

You know how it works.

Hard tackler = good player

Lots of folk on here rate Jon Flanagan for this simple reason.
He was good evough to dominate Celtics and Aberdeens midfield. He's a useful player to have much better than having Andy Halliday on the bench but let's just ignore that fact eh.

He was good evough to dominate Celtics and Aberdeens midfield. He's a useful player to have much better than having Andy Halliday on the bench but let's just ignore that fact eh.
If you’re using Halliday are the bench mark, then yes I will ignore that thanks.

McCrorie has won once against them, no idea why you keep saying he has dominated them. Done well in 1 attempt out of 4/5?

He struggled to get in the Hibs team like Barker.

McCrorie needs more first team football football won’t get it here.

opinions Wee son
I don't give a shit what he done at Hibs he done more in Rangers jersey than Barker ever did.

Ross is a far better player than Halliday will ever be yet whose on the bench?

Opinions wee son.

I don't give a shit what he done at Hibs he done more in Rangers jersey than Barker ever did.

Ross is a far better player than Halliday will ever be yet whose on the bench?

Opinions wee son.
Halliday isn’t even cover for midfield now anyway but yes he’s pish.

Couldbt care what he’s done at Hibs but want him at Ibrox he’s managed about 8 games at Hibs and it’s now January

If you’re using Halliday are the bench mark, then yes I will ignore that thanks.
So you agree we are weakened by Ross being on loan? Thx for agreeing with me. Good lad. Keep on shinning your positivity and light about young players.

I'm not really a fan of loaning out players (unless it's an attempt to move them on). They will learn and improve more under our coaching staff than at a lower level team.

I would have kept RM as part of the squad. As it is, I doubt we will see much of him again.

Halliday isn’t even cover for midfield now anyway but yes he’s pish.

Couldbt care what he’s done at Hibs but want him at Ibrox he’s managed about 8 games at Hibs and it’s now January
Who was cover for midfield on Sunday? Who was on the bench that we could bring on to sit in front of defence and shut them down and mark Naismith and stop them running all over us No one. Same against Aberdeen away. He's a useful player to have and give us something from the bench we don't currently have.

Exactly. We had no one on the bench on Sunday to shut down the game because he's out on loan. We've focused too much on attack in our squad and forgotten that having someone to sit in front of defence can be just as important as bringing on someone at the top end of the pitch. We've needed someone like that several times this season and will do again and haven't had it. And we also need cover for injuries, suspensions, loss of form etc.

It was a mistake to loan him out and a mistake again not to recall him.
But he wanted guaranteed game time according to Gerrard.......I wish his attitude had been different and he’d stayed as a squad player, Gerrard only agreed to give him what he wanted

Who was cover for midfield on Sunday? Who was on the bench that we could bring on to sit in front of defence and shut them down and mark Naismith and stop them running all over us No one. Same against Aberdeen away. He's a useful player to have and give us something from the bench we don't currently have.
Are you related to him? Aberdeen away was a full scale collapse Sunday wouldn’t have made a difference Ross is in the team or not he’s rash in tackles and gets caught out as much as any the midfield did Sunday

I have been watching Rangers my entire life. And for as long as I have been watching us any successful Rangers team have always had a series of midfielders that do different things.

We have always had players who may not of played every game but were in and around the squad and played in certain games when needed. Whether it was guys like Terry Hurlock or Ian Ferguson or Stuart McCall or Kevin Thompson the list is endless we have always had that one player who we can bring on to win tackles, win the ball and shut down teams momentum and that is their role. Ross McCrorie is that player.

Our midfield this season had been immense, however that does not denude the fact that at times and in certain games we have needed something different and we have had no one to bring on and give us that different.

Yesterday we were crying out for him to replace Kamara at half time but we had no one because he's out on loan playing right back when he should be in our squad to stomp all over people just like he did last season against Aberdeen and against Celtic when we needed him too.

This talk of his passing ability not being up to standard is over complicating his role and is frankly bullshit. And besides I haven't seen him commit as many howlers that have cost us goals as Kamara has yet few talk about that, and besides he wins the ball and passes it forward. Simple.

How we set up won't always work and we need options that can change that so that it does work. To crunch into tackles to win the ball and shut down momentum and stop people playing. We have four adequate midfielders for three positions yet I've been hearing all season how we are "loaded" with midfielders, we aren't! Yesterday we had no one to bring on to shut down their attacks.

He should be recalled and he should be used when needed.

And please don't say Edmundson can do it, he is a centre back who has never played in midfield and anyone who says he can is basing it on nothing more than conjecture. We know what Ross can bring and he is a useful player to have.

We could of been doing with him against Aberdeen away when we allow them to run all over us and get back into the game after being 2-0 up. We could of being doing with him both times at Tyne castle and any other time we need to change it. We are thread bare in midfield and are only a couple of injuries or suspensions away from a crisis.

Disagree all you want. I'm still right

I have a large collection of butt-plugs. He never shoukd of been loaned out in the first place.

Agree 100%

Are you related to him? Aberdeen away was a full scale collapse Sunday wouldn’t have made a difference Ross is in the team or not he’s rash in tackles and gets caught out as much as any the midfield did Sunday
Who did we have on the bench? No one!

We currently have three midfielders for three positions. And we are supposed to be going for the league ? It's a joke.

Who did we have on the bench? No one!

We currently have three midfielders for three positions. And we are supposed to be going for the league ? It's a joke.
We didn’t have much no but depth is our main problem but it’s all opinions anyway.
We have four Aribo can drop back in albeit I don’t think he suits how our three play even Polster but I do agree once we get by 12/13 players depth is a huge worry and I think anyone without blinkers can see that

So you agree we are weakened by Ross being on loan? Thx for agreeing with me. Good lad. Keep on shinning your positivity and light about young players.
Pardon?

Sean Goss would be a better option than Andy Halliday. I don’t want him back & that does not mean we are “weakened” without him.

We didn’t have much no but depth is our main problem but it’s all opinions anyway.
We have four Aribo can drop back in albeit I don’t think he suits how our three play even Polster but I do agree once we get by 12/13 players depth is a huge worry and I think anyone without blinkers can see that
Polster will be playing right back. If not we play Flanagan and are weakened.

Aribo will be playing right forward if not we will be weakened up front.

Doc is being sold or loaned,

King is gone.

Halliday is shite.

We can't even drop Kamara after that disgrace of a performance because we literally have no one else.

We have three midfielders for three positions,

Ross is a useful player to have. The fact stating this fact upsets people on here speaks to their blind subservience to the irresponsibility of management. Let's just hope we don't get another injury eh?

And that's all I'm saying on this thread.

Polster will be playing right back. If not we play Flanagan and are weakened.

Aribo will be playing right forward if not we will be weakened up front.

Doc is being sold or loaned,

King is gone.

Halliday is shite.

We can't even drop Kamara after that disgrace of a performance because we literally have no one else.

We have three midfielders for three positions,

Ross is a useful player to have. The fact stating this fact upsets people on here speaks to their blind subservience to the irresponsibility of management. Let's just hope we don't get another injury eh?

And that's all I'm saying on this thread.
It’s not upsetting anyway.

he’s injured anywa I’m sure so regardless he won’t improve numbers but you keep believing Ross McCrorie is the answer

Back