Brondby Away, Copenhagen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the tickets like for Stuttgart in 2004 was it not like a bus/bank receipt piece of paper?

I’m too young to remember that but can remember the horror stories of literally anybody getting in and the Rangers end being scarily overcrowded.
2003?
There were proper tickets,just too many folk trying to get in without,so it was a free for all,folk basically showing anything that resembled a match ticket piled in,was a little congested inside o_O

How is everyone dealing with their currency?

Cash? Travel cards (any suggestions)? Etc?

Halifax Clarity credit card. Base exchange rate for purchases and no fees for cash withdrawals (although interest is charged from the time of withdrawal, so need to pay off immediately).

Can you withdraw cash with uk bank card at atm in Denmark?

Yeah but beware one of two things:

1.) the ATM might offer you their own exchange rate, which will probably be unfavourable

2.) Your banks own exchange rate might not even be that good (but probably better than the ATM one)

Yeah but beware one of two things:

1.) the ATM might offer you their own exchange rate, which will probably be unfavourable

2.) Your banks own exchange rate might not even be that good (but probably better than the ATM one)
Im planning getting travel card but not sure how much will need to put in it for a days trip... good to have bank card as a back up.

Im planning getting travel card but not sure how much will need to put in it for a days trip... good to have bank card as a back up.

Ahh if it’s just for back up funds then mate then even a slightly poor exchange rate won’t make too much difference I’d say.

Probably get the best deal just paying by card

Going by google £100 would get you just short of 900DKK, maybe some of the fans on here from denmark can advise if this will be enough for a few beers, food and travel on bus etc.

I got £50 changed at Post Office the other day, only got 8kr to the £1, knew that
they don't give good rates just needed some cash on me when arriving.
Just checked my Easyfx card ( similar to Revolut,Caxton etc ) was getting 8.62 at
todays rate. As other FX cards no withdrawal fees.

Ahh if it’s just for back up funds then mate then even a slightly poor exchange rate won’t make too much difference I’d say.

Probably get the best deal just paying by card
I’m not planning on having any Danish cash at all. I’ve loaded up my Revolut card with £200 which should see me ok as I’m only really there the full day on the Thursday.
It’s unusual to see anywhere that doesn’t accept cards these days, so I don’t see it being an issue.

I’m booked with Sport Options. Got a ticket.

Denmark are saying I just need to prove I’ve recovered from covid in the last 180 days - I have and I can prove this.

Sport Options seem to be insisting on double vaccination.

I’m unvaccinated but can get a ‘passport’

Are they scanning the QR codes at the airports or is it just showing the passport?

I don’t get Sport Options stance on this when Denmark are saying different.

Not sure what to do really.

Denmark are saying I just need to prove I’ve recovered from covid in the last 180 days - I have and I can prove this.

Are they scanning the QR codes at the airports or is it just showing the passport?

I'm flying on offical club flight with ctm and havent even got itinerary yet let alone covid protocols, does a double jabbed person just need proof of that or do we need pcr test on arrival?

Going by google £100 would get you just short of 900DKK, maybe some of the fans on here from denmark can advise if this will be enough for a few beers, food and travel on bus etc.
You'll need more.

You'll not get on the flight with a fake covid passport.

I'm flying on offical club flight with ctm and havent even got itinerary yet let alone covid protocols, does a double jabbed person just need proof of that or do we need pcr test on arrival?
Proof of vax is fine being double jabbed you will get your itenery 2-4 days before you go.

Are they scanning the QR codes at the airports or id in the last 180 days - I have and I can
Denmark entry requirements are clear in that if you have had Covid and can prove it, you can enter the country. I looked at the Sport Options notes and they seem to have omitted this, stating you have to be double vaccinated. If you're worried, email Miles or Mark. They respond very quickly.

Out of interest, how do you prove you've had Covid?

Denmark Entry Requirements

Entry to Denmark - fully vaccinated

Fully vaccinated UK residents or those previously infected with COVID-19 can enter Denmark for all purposes, without the need to test or self-isolate.

• Two weeks must have passed since your second dose and the vaccine must be one approved by the European Medicines Agency.
  • You must present proof that you have been fully vaccinated or previously infected

Last edited:
Can't speak for Copenhagen but for the Danish team we played a couple of years ago I got a mcdonalds and from memory a meal was about £13-14.
Hamburg was the brightest stay for that mate, good trip tho one of the best that season.

How long you going for mate? I'm Wednesday to Friday and thinking 350/400 all depends what you do of course. I never really had time in Denmark a few seasons back as we stayed in Hamburg and bussed it through
Just a day trip im doing so not thinking I need as much...

I’m not planning on having any Danish cash at all. I’ve loaded up my Revolut card with £200 which should see me ok as I’m only really there the full day on the Thursday.
It’s unusual to see anywhere that doesn’t accept cards these days, so I don’t see it being an issue.
How does Revolut work in simple terms :oops:

How does Revolut work in simple terms :oops:
It’s just a bank card/MasterCard that you link up to your bank account for depositing funds in. You can top it up in any currency you want- in this case Danish Kr. Over there you can lift money using it or just pay by card.
Any unused money on it can just be changed back to pounds and withdraw back to your bank, or left there for future travels.

It’s just a bank card/MasterCard that you link up to your bank account for depositing funds in. You can top it up in any currency you want- in this case Danish Kr. Over there you can lift money using it or just pay by card.
Any unused money on it can just be changed back to pounds and withdraw back to your bank, or left there for future travels.
Excellent thanks.

So you can pay in local currency with the app, but nees the actual card to withdraw cash from ATM?

I prefer Monzo, again a UK bank account, but they dont charge any mark up on the mastercard exchange rate or any fees for foreign currency transactions. They’re a little different to Revolut in that you only actually hold pound sterling in your account.

So you can pay in local currency with the app, but nees the actual card to withdraw cash from ATM?
You just pay in local currency with the card. I forgot to say, exchange rate is also normally slightly better than the standard rate available elsewhere.

I prefer Monzo, again a UK bank account, but they dont charge any mark up on the mastercard exchange rate or any fees for foreign currency transactions. They’re a little different to Revolut in that you only actually hold pound sterling in your account.
I can’t remember if there are fees involved. If there are then they are peanuts. The last time I used it would have been for Braga away.

I can’t remember if there are fees involved. If there are then they are peanuts. The last time I used it would have been for Braga away.
From memory withdrawals are where they make their cash through fees.

Covid has kinda made withdrawals a thing of the past.

Revolut will have to revisit where they make their cash in the future. Guess it may be on the FX rates.

From memory withdrawals are where they make their cash through fees.

Covid has kinda made withdrawals a thing of the past.

Revolut will have to revisit where they make their cash in the future. Guess it may be on the FX rates.
If you use the physical card at an ATM you will pay fees.
Use the app on phone (preloaded and switch currency to Danish kroner) to tap and go won’t charge fees.

They are probably insisting on double vax for coming home not going out. Either that or they are taking no chances as the carrier is the one getting done for any issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back