Bury FC phoenix club

Back to the fixture list, we are away at Blackpool tomorrow and the weather forecast is wet and windy. They are 5th in the league and will be trying to prevent our winning streak extending.

Well all good things come to an end at some point and today it was our undefeated run.

Our players have given everything in achieving our great run but today we came unstuck at AFC Blackpool with a 2 - 0 defeat.

Onto the next game, next Saturday

I am down for the Garstang game next month so will go by the stadium and see if I can have a wander about inside.

God knows what the Bury Fans feel when they see that. Very sad and Gave me a lump in my throat seeing the ghostly stadium. It should never have happened and as usual the fans are left to suffer.

God knows what the Bury Fans feel when they see that. Very sad and Gave me a lump in my throat seeing the ghostly stadium. It should never have happened and as usual the fans are left to suffer.
It should never have happened like you say.
It is heart breaking to see the ground derelict and unused, but the stadium is now being bought out of administration by a group called EST with Forever Bury supporters trust involved, with a USA Bury fan thought to be putting up £500k, the council fund of £500k and a govt levelling up fund of £1M.
Communication from this EST group has been very secretive.

After this time it is now very complicated.
Bury FC still exists as a ltd co, in administration with debts of allegedly £12+M, is still owned by steve dale SD2, the asset stripper who got the club for £1 from the previous chairman who racked up debt stewart day SD1. SD2 got us expelled and lost our FA membership and he can not enter any team in any league. Both SD1 and SD2 seem to have done very well out of all that has happened.

The Bury FC supporters trust, Forever Bury FB, back in 2019, after a town hall meeting had an agreed way forward.
FB thought they had a buyer for the club which subsequently collapsed was option1. FB backed a bitcoin buyer who had no money and wanted all for himself never got off the ground was option2.
FB agreed that Bury FC fans should establish a 'phoenix' club by the FA deadline date of January 2020 was option3.

Meanwhile SD2 has always wanted a big pay day and was most unlimely to sell as time has shown

Option 3 has been very successful, the formation of Bury AFC, 100% owned by the fans, every member is the owner with one vote for every member. There is transparent ownership on all matters.
Bury AFC is in tier 10 of the English Football League (started at the bottom tier) and are currently top of the division with 7 games to go. But Bury AFC groundshare with Radcliffe, 3miles from Bury, so dont have a ground.
This is the Bury AFC team that has an FA membership and a league place.

Forever Bury went silent, always claiming Bury FC was being saved but non disclosure agreements prevented them to say anything.
Then this secret group of business men called EST appeared to take over and claim they have saved Bury FC because they are buying the ground. They have no team, no FA membership, no league place and admit that they can not afford to buy Bury FC out of administration.

It is much more complex than above too, but in essence

Bury FC is still in existence owned by SD2, heading for liquidation, but who knows when.

Bury AFC is the fans successful Bury team with a league place and FA membership but no ground

After today there may be an announcement that EST and FB have got Gigg Lane.
They of course call themselves benefactors but want a return and a 49/51% scheme which is not yet clear.

Who knows if common sense will win the day, but this is the split in the supporters now.

So there may be a big announcement today, or not

I am down for the Garstang game next month so will go by the stadium and see if I can have a wander about inside.
Great if you can make it Jimmy.

What a great win in Europe for The Gers last night, fantastic away win.

Last Saturday our game was washed off and this weekend looks like it may be too

Cheers and many thanks for your continued fabulous support

It should never have happened like you say.
It is heart breaking to see the ground derelict and unused, but the stadium is now being bought out of administration by a group called EST with Forever Bury supporters trust involved, with a USA Bury fan thought to be putting up £500k, the council fund of £500k and a govt levelling up fund of £1M.
Communication from this EST group has been very secretive.

After this time it is now very complicated.
Bury FC still exists as a ltd co, in administration with debts of allegedly £12+M, is still owned by steve dale SD2, the asset stripper who got the club for £1 from the previous chairman who racked up debt stewart day SD1. SD2 got us expelled and lost our FA membership and he can not enter any team in any league. Both SD1 and SD2 seem to have done very well out of all that has happened.

The Bury FC supporters trust, Forever Bury FB, back in 2019, after a town hall meeting had an agreed way forward.
FB thought they had a buyer for the club which subsequently collapsed was option1. FB backed a bitcoin buyer who had no money and wanted all for himself never got off the ground was option2.
FB agreed that Bury FC fans should establish a 'phoenix' club by the FA deadline date of January 2020 was option3.

Meanwhile SD2 has always wanted a big pay day and was most unlimely to sell as time has shown

Option 3 has been very successful, the formation of Bury AFC, 100% owned by the fans, every member is the owner with one vote for every member. There is transparent ownership on all matters.
Bury AFC is in tier 10 of the English Football League (started at the bottom tier) and are currently top of the division with 7 games to go. But Bury AFC groundshare with Radcliffe, 3miles from Bury, so dont have a ground.
This is the Bury AFC team that has an FA membership and a league place.

Forever Bury went silent, always claiming Bury FC was being saved but non disclosure agreements prevented them to say anything.
Then this secret group of business men called EST appeared to take over and claim they have saved Bury FC because they are buying the ground. They have no team, no FA membership, no league place and admit that they can not afford to buy Bury FC out of administration.

It is much more complex than above too, but in essence

Bury FC is still in existence owned by SD2, heading for liquidation, but who knows when.

Bury AFC is the fans successful Bury team with a league place and FA membership but no ground

After today there may be an announcement that EST and FB have got Gigg Lane.
They of course call themselves benefactors but want a return and a 49/51% scheme which is not yet clear.

Who knows if common sense will win the day, but this is the split in the supporters now.

So there may be a big announcement today, or not
So here it is, the announcement.

I'm all in at a fiver a month in Bury AFC. I wouldn't want their hard work sacrificed without cast iron guarantees that the ground is under their control and that debts aren't passed onto them. It would be great for them to get Gigg Lane back but our Ashley experience has me fearing that there are spivs pulling strings somewhere behind the scenes wanting AFC for their league membership and spare cash while continuing to fleece the fans and community.

I'm all in at a fiver a month in Bury AFC. I wouldn't want their hard work sacrificed without cast iron guarantees that the ground is under their control and that debts aren't passed onto them. It would be great for them to get Gigg Lane back but our Ashley experience has me fearing that there are spivs pulling strings somewhere behind the scenes wanting AFC for their league membership and spare cash while continuing to fleece the fans and community.
Thanks, this is my concern too.
An EST document came to light, a prospectus for future funding, showing them to have taken over AFC, without having asked AFC

If you merge and get your home back, do you keep your league place?
This still has to be sorted

So EST / FB now have the ground
They are very secretive.
We dont know if they actually put in an application for a league place, but they made out they were in discussions with the FA
They have missed the deadline dates

The FA rules are clear, a new FA membership is required if EST form a new club
This is where they have a problem
Bury FC still exists

So Bury FC still exists in administration, owned by SD2, heading for liquidation but who knows when, and plenty of debts.
So the FA will not accept a new club called Bury FC

To get FA membership, a league needs to agree to support the application.

As EST, they have no team, they have no league, they have no FA membership.
But they claim Bury FC will play at Gigg Lane next season

Bury AFC have the FA membership, the league placing and amazingly during a pandemic have achieved a healthy bank balance

This is where we are up to
EST/ FB are in talks with AFC

Thanks again for your terrific support, and your views are welcome and helpful.
When AFC know what the true position is they will inform us and we will get to vote on the matter.
As you are a Bury AFC owner your vote will be welcome too.

I hope you dont mind if i put your comments on the Bury AFC message board
Thanks again

This still has to be sorted

So EST / FB now have the ground
They are very secretive.
We dont know if they actually put in an application for a league place, but they made out they were in discussions with the FA
They have missed the deadline dates

The FA rules are clear, a new FA membership is required if EST form a new club
This is where they have a problem
Bury FC still exists

So Bury FC still exists in administration, owned by SD2, heading for liquidation but who knows when, and plenty of debts.
So the FA will not accept a new club called Bury FC

To get FA membership, a league needs to agree to support the application.

As EST, they have no team, they have no league, they have no FA membership.
But they claim Bury FC will play at Gigg Lane next season

Bury AFC have the FA membership, the league placing and amazingly during a pandemic have achieved a healthy bank balance

This is where we are up to
EST/ FB are in talks with AFC
What a mess.
My head hurts trying to follow it.

You personally don’t sound entirely keen on plans to merge.
If this gets voted through, do you(and many others) reluctantly offer your support or would it be the end for you?
Do you have any feedback on the thoughts of AFC’s playing squad? Obviously AFC fans will have built an emotional attachment to these guys.

Anyway, best of luck.
I’ll try and follow developments with my tiny, scrambled mind and will continue with my wee fiver until you’re strutting your stuff in the premier league.

What a mess.

If this gets voted through, do you(and many others) reluctantly offer your support or would it be the end for you?
Do you have any feedback on the thoughts of AFC’s playing squad? Obviously AFC fans will have built an emotional attachment to these guys.

Anyway, best of luck.
I’ll try and follow developments with my tiny, scrambled mind and will continue with my wee fiver until you’re strutting your stuff in the premier league.
Yes a lot of heads hurt.

Personally i am waiting for guidance from the elected AFC board, they have always been open, honest and transparent, the club has been set up with a constitution and as a owner member have confidence they will make the right guidance.

Unfortunately after Bury AFC was set up, there has been a lot of hate and vile abuse from a smallish group, calling AFC rats for deserting Bury FC, not being true Bury FC fans and there is only one Bury FC.
They further claim the new club should not be set up as the existing club survives and their identity has been stolen.

This has never been properly condemned or stamped out by the EST and FB group, some of them have endorsed it.
So it has become an us and them problem which many would not want anything to do with either side.

Forever Bury originally supported the formation of Bury AFC by Bury FC fans in time to meet the FA deadline date of January 2020. But they then vanished, no communications at all other than keep the faith.
FB existence depends on Bury FC existing, and strangely enough they are going to rebrand next week

EST are an unelected self appointed secretive group of men. They needed FB because FB have the community status required to apply for grants

Over 2 years ago i would probably have been delighted
But now, it is more complicated. At tier 10 the crowds stand round the pitch perimeter fence, there is no segregation, it is a really friendly experience.

There are so many other complications .

EST and FB are not buying Bury FC out of administration
Bury FC still exists in administration with debts.
The EST and FB want to make another new club, even tho Bury FC still exists.
so no different from AFC being set up.

now their deserting Bury FC , not real Bury fans seems to have deserted from them

I have always tried to put the evidence rather than my view, as best i can

Yes, my head hurts too

Last edited:
When I stroke myself to Bury FC, the feelings come thick and fast

Just so so so so much potential

Bury Merch

Bury NFTs

Bury in the metaverse - how mental is that to think about!?!

You’re all complete clowns but I cannot wait to be back down the Gigg screaming at the top of my lungs

What a mess.

Anyway, best of luck.
Thanks again for your terrific support

Your analysis may not be to far off the mark.
The govt are using this levelling up fund to put £1M in, ( Bury north is a marginal seat ).
It needs to be match funded.
The USA man has given his undertaking to match the £1M but only wants to actually put in £400k. So EST will owe him the rest.
After some other funds, EST are £450k short of the amount and will need to generate the payment from the fans.
And this fans payment will be for the benefit of EST to own the ground.
So the starting point is in debt.
Additionally EST are admitting they dont have a league placement.
In fact it appears they dont have a plan, unless it is to take over AFC.
This will no doubt become clearer soon.

Something is dodgy

Back