Can we moan about the officials now that we've won that game?

Just bac from game in line with the offside goal never in a 100 years is he offside an the 2 nd no booking absolutely horrendous refereeing Martindale smart as good management. Subbed the player as next tackle he was being sent off

Or just shut up and enjoy the win?
The failure to send off Cancar allowing them to sub him off, the offside call where the linesman couldn't get his flag up quickly enough when the ball went in.
Roll on VAR coming in.
I dont usually get involved in ref beating. However on this occasion i did say to my bil that is simply chrating by the official. He is not showing the second yellow to allow him to be subbed. That is not in his hands to make that decision, so he simply cheated. He did not make an error he cheated.
Martindale has just confirmed his player should have been shown a second yellow.

Just said on the match thread as well. The ref was a f**king joke. The state of our officials is absolutely shocking.
None of them are shocking the game was reffed really well from the sfa and the tims pov, it almost paid off too and yes i know we didnt help ourselves 1st half.

I have no idea why folk keep saying they are crap.

We didnt benefit at any point today from crap decisions, we didnt at any point last season or since Gerrard took over, and we probably wont for the rest of this season. There is no crap officials it is bias the referee was biased against Rangers.

The linesman clearly thought this was a 50/50 decision so he opted for the easy way out to avoid the entire Yahoo mafia threatening him if it was later proved he called it wrong

Throw in Colak's mystery booking. The first player to get booked for elbow being at his side
Aye several decisions that would have been wiped today had VAR been in place ,it did not change the result in the end but how many of these fucking decisions cost us points last season thats what boils ma piss

I agree the boy Cancar could have been off and Colak's goal was most probably onside ( I'm pretty sure 2 of them were playing him onside ). However any bear that says Souttar should not have have been red carded is simply biased and wearing the blue tinted specs ( 4 seconds he held that jersey, then at halfway line he took big nouble out if the big man had stayed down instead of getting up he would have gone ). I knew he wouldn't work out and can't wait for Davies to be fit. Play young Sands until then.
Souttar had a nightmare. But he is a right-side centre-back in a back three. He was all over the place. Sands was ok but Noble had lost his energy by then and Livi were done so I reserve judgment on him. I would like to see Davies there as he is left-footed and faster than Souttar and will give better balance.

Robertson is a FIFA grade referee, it must be a piss easy gig judging on his performances time and time again. His inability to referee fairly is not in question, the question is was it deliberate?
being FIFA grade must be nothing nowadays, he is such a bad referee, almost to the point of being corrupt when it comes to us

just say "almost" for the people who still want to be "dignified" and not blame refs when it's obvious they aren't doing their job properly and yes, we had a terrible first half - nobody will deny that

Tillman taken out at the end ref gives a free kick no booking then blows for full time before the kick is taken surley the play needs to be restarted before you can blow for full time
The least of our worries re the officials!

It's always if in doubt favour the smaller teams.

If in doubt, don't give Rangers the decisions.

Whether this is biased thinking or just a strange reticence due to previous pressures put on officials I'm unsure.

Either way it's sh1te.

They are absolutely woeful.

How he never sent that boy off for the second booking I’ll never know.

Colak was clearly onside for the goal.

Every wee 50/50 just seems to go against us, which contributes hugely to the overall momentum of the game.

That said, I didn’t see anything wrong with the Livingston second goal, but haven’t seen it back.

He also came away with it’s a contact sport tell that to the Japanese diver.
That wee gimp will be a protected species again this season. I actually couldn’t believe it when he came out with the, Thank god for that’ Comment, Wee oddity prick that he is.

VAR doesn't give that red card today

Nor does VAR change the many other niggly things that Robertson chose to pull up in one direction, but not in the other

It does give us Colak's goal

FWIW, I thought the Kent penalty claim was outside the box, and having been closer to it that Robertson, there was definitely contact

Agree his freedom with yellows was poor officiating particularly when it came to the crunch as he then ignored the obvious 2nd caution the guy Phillip Cancar was rightly due

How Livingston only got three yellows is ridiculous. Cancar was a second all day long and should have walked. I lost count how many of their players went unpunished for bad fouls.

Perfectly good goal chalked off as well and Colak booked for nothing.

VAR can’t come quickly enough. Saw it once back and it was never offside.

The refusal to red card the full back was ridiculous.

I hope Rangers are speaking to the Referee Supervisor asap.

We seemed to get booked for every foul, Colak’s booking in particular was a disgrace. As for Livi, got away with murder as summed up in the ridiculous decision not to show the most blatant of second yellows and keep their full compliment of players.

Today didn’t quite reach the levels of Clancy and Beaton but it wasn’t far off.

I could be wrong but I think it’s incompetence more than anything.

If they are rabid cheats do they not just allow the Livingston equaliser? Or send Souttar off for grabbing that boy’s jersey?

VAR was apparently in operation in the background . When we say VAR we mean some rancid bheast bastard sat in a cupboard making his own rules. And that's before we even speak about the referee and linesmans awful showing.
I hope someone at the club mentions it too as it's evry fkin Match carrying on from last season.

Where it concerns offside, there is no decision to be made by an official.

A player can only be offside or onside, there is nothing to debate. The software will determine the correct outcome and the official will then pass the decision to the match referee.

We should be questioning why the laws of the game aren't being applied, anybody could see that was clear 2nd booking.
Why has the ref chosen not to do his job.

Incompetent cnt

Might not suit the agenda on here but I don’t really see much wrong here. If that was given against us I would be raging.

Maybe, just maybe the refs are just rubbish?

you can't see the arms of the player who is behind Goldson
looks like he pushes him the way goldson reacts

and our team largely stopped as the whistle was blown
had play went on there was no guarantee its going in

Not much wrong with Livi’s would be equaliser. Goldson bought the foul.

Kamara lucky not to get a second yellow on the edge of their box not long after they hooked that boy.

Feel sorry for Colak as his 1st goal would do him the world of good. Var throws us some brutal decisions I wouldn’t be surprised if it ruled colak’s head was an inch ahead of the defenders legs.

if thats a yellow
then Livingston end up with about 4 men

edit:
Cancar stick on 2nd yellow
Pittman did enough to earn at least 1 yellow if not 2
Kelly should have had a 2nd yellow at the end
Omeonga went thru one of ours and play went on, not called back for the card and went on to do a lot more - didn't even get 1 card
Nouble was seriously late but not carded

he didn't even go into the player - him kicking it clear took him into Kamara

contrast with Cancar whose "should've been 2nd yellow" was a wild kick after being skinned

Off to a flier, trying to get as much damage done to us as possible before VAR comes in.

Our first goal of a new season wrongly chopped off, and a clear second yellow, that even Martindale said was a booking, ignored so he can be subbed.

It's cheating, blatant cheating.

Off to a flier, trying to get as much damage done to us as possible before VAR comes in.

Our first goal of a new season wrongly chopped off, and a clear second yellow, that even Martindale said was a booking, ignored so he can be subbed.

It's cheating, blatant cheating.

same happened 12 months ago
Hagi assaulted twice - only a yellow given after 2nd and Martindale subs him
we lose Hagi for weeks inc the Malmo games when he was flying in pre-season

Back