Carlos 'Gullit' Peña

I was one of his harshest critics
But I’d get him in training and see what SG makes of him. If he’s a waster like suspected we’ve lost nothing. But he could offer us something a bit different than we have. I won’t write anyone off
Pena has the ability, of that there's no doubt. But whether or not he could knuckle down and resurrect his Rangers career is a different matter.

The goal against Ufa; he played well in that match and in general earlier in the season. My point is that he is a young player, inexperienced, and talented; his issue at this stage will be consistency.

He is a young player, inconsistent, somewhat talented and completely unsuited to Scottish football. In 3 years time Ejaria will be playing with Plymouth or Blackpool or someone of that Ilk.

He should be sent back to Liverpool in January with a stamp reading "unfit for purpose".

It makes sense for the coaching staff to have a look over him at training. The only concern would be his personality/attitude and it's potential affect on other members of the squad, such as Morelos.

He is a young player, inconsistent, somewhat talented and completely unsuited to Scottish football. In 3 years time Ejaria will be playing with Plymouth or Blackpool or someone of that Ilk.

He should be sent back to Liverpool in January with a stamp reading "unfit for purpose".
He's very talented; and any midfield player that keeps the ball with such ease, at times, could go far. You might be right about where his career is going; I think that's very premature.

You know what, on paper I reckon he's the perfect foil to play behind Morelos. The way Morelos lays the ball off and holds it up, Pena arriving onto that would score plenty.

But I just cannot see his personal issues being solved, and there's no way he's going to play the type of tempo we were playing earlier in the season. Last season, aye he was scoring but he did absolutely nothing else.

If he's due back, he deserves the opportunity to show the management team what he's got I suppose.

I'd much rather we sign someone without the issues he has though.

It’s a shame, because you can tell he has a good footballing brain.

Just doesn’t have the other mental (or physical) attributes required
331d54l.jpg

He's a £20m player.

It's what makes FF fantastic. You don't see a player for x amount of weeks and they go up in price :D

It absolutely makes sense for SG to look at him.

F*ck me, we're not exactly spoiled for choice in midfield... In fact, we're pretty f*cking pish in that area, truth be told!

I would be happy for him to be given one last chance. Even given his issues it was clear to see as soon as the ball went wide his first thought every time was to get in the box. That’s the only thing that impressed me tho so he would need to step it up big time.

Im not sure there is a career where you are allowed to %^*& up as many times and yet still be given chance after chance. While Pena is a contracted player and the management team have every right to have a look at him again anyone that thinks this waster is coming back to get his head down and train like a maniac is sadly deluded.

Please don't forget this is the same guy who let everyone know what he thought of Rangers by wiping his nose on a pair of Rangers shorts and yet there are still plenty on here who want him given another chance. Unreal.

Nice to see him get some minutes in in the Indian Super League today. Hopefully this will help him get back to match fitness.

15ogk1x.jpg

29cqdma.jpg

Sorry mate, but I would be totally gobsmacked if Pena wanted to come back to Scotland at Christmas, and I would be even more so if Gerrard wanted a guy around the place who hasn’t been fit for 3 years. It just won’t happen.

I see it happened and Pena is back in Glasgow as I was told that he would be and assume you are totally gobsmacked, just like many others in this thread. :p

I did warn you that you would be in for a surprise. ;)

Last edited:
Clearly had bags of talent at one stage of his career.

It looks like the demon drink took over and for people all over the world in different in all walks of life are affected by it. Luckily for him he's still gaining thousands of pounds a week for it.

Thousands of our pounds

Back