Cedric Itten

Hopefully still a part to play with us , really liked him

He was signed as well as we thought we were losing Morelos
He will never see the inside of the RTC again but I admire the sentiment. He was signed inclusive of Morelos, and SG said this before the deal was even done, we needed other options up top as we relied on Alfie too much that season.

No joke if he was still at the Club last weekend Gerrard would have had him on straight after their equaliser.

I like the big man, Sakala is a different type of striker as he needs space to run into. I do understand Itten needed more games though.
Itten suits Scottish football more than Sakala IMO. Thats no slight on Sakala but he is all about pace which doesnt help us in 90% of SPL games.

Reclaimed as a superstar after a goal and a load of posters suggesting we should have changed our play to suit him.......you couldn't make it up. Then again I did see Jason Cummings get a reception like he was the second coming.

£40m minimum
Unfortunately with the loan with option to buy contract him and big nico are on the price will be nowhere near anything acceptable should they have a stormer of a season, thing Wilson has dropped the ball on these guys but time will tell maybe that's why I'm not in football and he is.

Service to him during some games was poor. Then when he was subbed off we’d start crossing high balls into the box to no c*nt.

Reclaimed as a superstar after a goal and a load of posters suggesting we should have changed our play to suit him.......you couldn't make it up. Then again I did see Jason Cummings get a reception like he was the second coming.
Cedric Itten is like Ibrahimovic compared to Cummings. Let's not be ridiculous.

A good striker who just came at the wrong time. I like Itten but his poor build-up play was as much of the reason he didn’t get fed as many chances as anything else.

Goals like Roofe’s header against the tims or god knows how many of Alfie goals start and end with them in the key parts of the build-up. Itten just didn’t have the right attributes to do that with us.

A good striker who just came at the wrong time. I like Itten but his poor build-up play was as much of the reason he didn’t get fed as many chances as anything else.

Goals like Roofe’s header against the tims or god knows how many of Alfie goals start and end with them in the key parts of the build-up. Itten just didn’t have the right attributes to do that with us.
Like Poznan away you mean?

Unfortunately with the loan with option to buy contract him and big nico are on the price will be nowhere near anything acceptable should they have a stormer of a season, thing Wilson has dropped the ball on these guys but time will tell maybe that's why I'm not in football and he is.
What if we recall them in January. Surely the option to buy is off the table

Like Poznan away you mean?
No because a loose pass started that play. Took his goal well but there was plenty of space and only one real option for him. It’s the tighter moments when he has more than one option, he looks as if he’s lost all composure where he lets himself down.

I know it’s really poor defending and basically a free header but he’s still guided that in superbly. Well in Ced

Doubt it tbh. Doesn’t suit the way we play at all, doubt he’s good enough anyway.
If we adjusted our game for the specific strikers we play then we’d get on a lot better imo.

No matter who starts up front when seem to expect them to play the Morelos role, if we’d used Itten as a target man I’m sure he’d have scored more goals. Instead of having him spending the majority of his game outside of the box

Don’t think anyone’s suggesting we change our whole playing system so we can start Cedric Itten every week but surely it makes sense to play to a players strengths.

Itten isn’t Alfredo but when he did get games for us he was expected to play the exact role that Alfie did, there’s no reason for us to have our game plans and tactics so set in stone.

No surprise it’s a header, he scored loads of headers before joining us and then barely having a ball crossed to him :))
Now it's all we do.... Pass from defence out to the wing and (more often than not) poor cross in to the box. Screaming out for some height.

That's a decent header from him, defending looks like that of a side 3-0 up though.

Itten rarely played like his appearance suggests he should, would expect we get more from playing Roofe central more often/Sakala than we got from him. If we make our money back on him he will we have done us a turn.

Only you are saying the word superstar. He’s also nothing like Jason Cummings ffs.

Really pleased for the big man to get a goal against Bayern. That is huge for his CV.

The love in for a 4th choice striker is laughable. To suggest he played for a team that didn't cross the ball is revisionism of the highest order. He played in the same team as Borna and Tav FFS. The guy is woeful and scoring in friendlies against Arsenal and Real doesn't change the fact that he offered no threat against SPL teams when given the chance. 4th choice summarises his career with us.

I see we have an option to recall him in January - would we also have the option to hang on to him or is he now gone for good effectively?

It was tough for Itten last year, he definitely didn’t play enough minutes to judge him properly.

Hopefully he does the business over there and Gerrard has a chance to see him perform, we need life after Alfie after all.

If he is to move on then a strong season in a struggling team could see him picked up by a top half team in the Bundesliga.

Good luck to him, nothing against Big Ced but during the minutes he did muster for us I just didn't see it in him, not sure what it was, not suited for our style or unsettled in Scotland, whatever it was he is not and never will be a replacement for Alfie.

Well done big Ced! Seen another stat that yesterday's game was the first time Lewendowski has failed to score for Bayern since February what a player.

Simple fact of the matter is he showed nothing to suggest he was good enough for us. Good luck to him but let’s not pretend he would be used more than once every three months if he was still with us because that’s his level
I think that is harsh. Regular starter I agree he wasn't good enough for that, but he was absolutely good enough to be a squad player especially when it was still five subs.

Looks like Itten either wont be back or will get sold in the summer.
Defoe is finished, Morelos will go at some point ( surely), Roofe is injury prone and Sakala is not the next morelos.
The goals have dried up, this team needs quality players who will walk into the team in the next 2 windows.
Not squad fillers.

I think that is harsh. Regular starter I agree he wasn't good enough for that, but he was absolutely good enough to be a squad player especially when it was still five subs.
Being the fifth sub isn’t really good enough though for someone of his age and experience. I hope he goes on and does well but it sadly won’t change the fact that outside of Motherwell games, he goes down as a poor signing for me

Really confused to what you’ve said here.

Itten was our best player in preseason this year, I’ll stand by that.
Service to him during some games was poor. Then when he was subbed off we’d start crossing high balls into the box to no c*nt.

Not sure if you actually read his post...

I did actually read the post. to suggest that Itten having a good/decent preseason( and I'd need to see the stats again to see how many games he started) absolutely nails how short term our fans views are.
It's like Wright for Kent ...and then after a game they go 180.

Itten currently can't get a game for his team who sit at the bottom of the league.

And then we get the stuff he's a target man....really?

Only you are saying the word superstar. He’s also nothing like Jason Cummings ffs.

Really pleased for the big man to get a goal against Bayern. That is huge for his CV.

It was more about a section of our support's view on players. You think a goal against Bayern late on when they are 3 up is great for his CV? Really?

It was more about a section of our support's view on players. You think a goal against Bayern late on when they are 3 up is great for his CV? Really?

You’ve completely lost the plot in this thread mate hahah.

Nobody’s saying he’s a superstar just that he’s more than good enough for the fkn SPL.

Also he’s been available for 3 games for Greuger Furth and played in all 3, starting the first 2.

So you’ve completely made up that he’s not getting a game for them.

Latest posts

Back