Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Love it GW. A bigger rug :D

I’d just love to see justice being done for the victims & the cynicism that this club uses every day in its existence is finally exposed. That’s what I’d love to see.

First and foremost I'm the same mate as you I want justice for these innocent victims lives that have been ruined. Childhoods that they should of had and never will have.

Then I want these dirty b@stards shamed, ended. I want them buried.

We as Rangers men/women and those among us of a younger age, must at all times remember to put the victims/survivors first and fore most if we as much as try to point score on anything we will loose the argument stone dead, we must at all times place the survivors, and their loved ones, first at all times.

It's pain mate.

They're in so much pain right now they don't know if they want a shite or a haircut.

There's not one of them out there that wouldn't give up their treble treble and quest for 10iar just to make this go away. It's killing them. It's eating them alive.

Their beloved club's reputation lies in ruins. Their name will be forever linked with child abuse and paedophilia.

Just like their Roman Church.

Anyone else noticed a huge drop in them cutting about wearing their sellik taps?

They now know what their club stands for and that they pulled every trick in the book to cover it up. They feel ashamed. They're ashamed of the club they love.

When I see one of their tops now I immediately think to myself " paedophiles "

Honestly they are in Total Denial Mode. I came off twitter due to the b@stards cause I'll say something I'll end up being nicked for.

Couldn't blow torch a red neck onto them.

Currently in Tenerife. Hopefully by the time I'm home early hours Sunday morning I'll be reading the Dam has well and truly burst wide open.

Karma is a b@stard.

Justice is an even bigger b@stard.
Currently in Tenerife? I hope it’s pissing down :));)

Anyone else noticed a huge drop in them cutting about wearing their sellik taps?

They now know what their club stands for and that they pulled every trick in the book to cover it up. They feel ashamed. They're ashamed of the club they love.

When I see one of their tops now I immediately think to myself " paedophiles "

Due to the drip, drip effect of ever growing Scottish tabloid front pages of the horrific abuse that's taken place at the Piggery, Celtc FC are more and more synonymous with and inextricably linked to a colossal litany of crimes against children and other young people. The reaction at away games next season for that repulsive club will be interesting to say the least.

It's pain mate.

They're in so much pain right now they don't know if they want a shite or a haircut.

There's not one of them out there that wouldn't give up their treble treble and quest for 10iar just to make this go away. It's killing them. It's eating them alive.

Their beloved club's reputation lies in ruins. Their name will be forever linked with child abuse and paedophilia.

Do you genuinely think so SDS ?

I don’t think they have that in them. They are so arrogant with years of cultural & now football domination in recent years that they want that football success & do t give one %^*& about the social & personal turmoil that they cause.

Do you genuinely think so SDS ?

I don’t think they have that in them. They are so arrogant with years of cultural & now football domination in recent years that they want that football success & do t give one %^*& about the social & personal turmoil that they cause.

They're hurting more right now than you'll ever know.

The Treble Treble seems like a distant memory as their world caves in round about them. They may try and put a brave face on things, but this is burning them alive.

The Treble Treble seems like a distant memory as their world caves in round about them. They may try and put a brave face on things, but this is burning them alive.

I would actually love you to be right. That they actually gave a %^*& about these people that their club has basically tortured for decades.

Have to say I think that’ll be a small minority.

And they should be burned alive for continually trying to deflect what’s went on. The club and all who knew. It broke my heart watching bears applauding McNeil. I took grief for that comment when I made it on FF. But I stick by it.

I would actually love you to be right. That they actually gave a %^*& about these people that their club has basically tortured for decades.

Have to say I think that’ll be a small minority.

I genuinely believe most of them do.

Many are still in denial, but most of them feel a deep sense of shame about what happened to the boys and the way in which their club have treated them.

I genuinely believe most of them do.

Many are still in denial, but most of them feel a deep sense of shame about what happened to the boys and the way in which their club have treated them.

If they do that’s good mate. So I hope that they support their clubs punishment & international criticism, and stop
Trying to make up unsolicited lies & shite about my former school teacher & others who weren’t even charged.

If they do that’s good mate. So I hope that they support their clubs punishment & international criticism, and stop
Trying to make up unsolicited lies & shite about my former school teacher & others who weren’t even charged.

It's called defiance mate.

It's a cowardly attempt to drag as many others as they can into the mix to lessen the impact on themselves.

" Ach, everybody wiz at it mate, no jist sellik "

It's called defiance mate.

It's a cowardly attempt to drag as many others as they can into the mix to lessen the impact on themselves.

" Ach, everybody wiz at it mate, no jist sellik "

But they’re pulling innocent people in to a horrible slanderous situation SDS & the difference is one lot are guilty & one lot aren’t.

All around the world they have been found out for what that cult stand for and the poison they spread in every children’s institution. Every city that Irish republicanism has landed on they have poisoned. You only have to look at some of the major cities in America to see that. They bring poverty and play the victim every time they are found out. .

I always say, name one wealthy RC country. I'll give you France maybe, although I don't think the church has as much say there anymore. They drag every good thing down to shit. Let's not let them do that to Scotland (although they are making a f#ckin' good stab at it now)

much been made of their links to Saville?
Not yet and lets keep shining the light on them.
I think it is inevitible the dots will line up. Torbett, McCafferty, Kearney and King among many others will have provided access to those poor kids who only wanted to play for their team Celtic.

paedo-friends.jpg

celtic3.jpg

5-CARDINAL-JIMMY-SAVILLE.jpg

“My friendship with Jimmy Savile developed over many years since I was assistant priest in St Patrick’s Parish, Kilsyth, along with the parish priest, the then Fr Denis O’Connell,” Cardinal O’Brien said. ” We were always trying to fundraise, not only for the parish, but for a variety of local and national charities and Father Denis had got to know Jimmy quite simply because of Jimmy’s mother, ‘The Duchess.’ It was Jimmy’s fond mother who attributed the healing of Jimmy when an infant to her prayers to the Venerable Margaret Sinclair, a young Scottish nun.”

I've said on a few occasions that some of photos that are online, and I've posted a few way earlier in this thread give a small glimpse into how high this could go with regards the people that are seen mixing in similar circles.

Jimmy Saville at the height of his fame was 1 of the biggest & most powerful "stars" in this country. He would have had access to almost anything & anyone. The leader of the Roman cult in this country would have been in a similar position.

How many politicians, people in high ranking positions, people considered the "great & the good" did these people actually have access to & mix with?

I genuinely don't think we'll ever know the full truth.
" Politicians and high ranking police officials " you say
I think that's next Sunday's papers

Love it GW. A bigger rug :D

I’d just love to see justice being done for the victims & the cynicism that this club uses every day in its existence is finally exposed. That’s what I’d love to see.
At the end of the day, it's the ongoing well being of the victims & a justice that they deem suitable that should be first & foremost in all of this, but on a purely "personal" basis (in personal I mean Rangers) I hope these fuckers get their sanctimonious cynicism rammed right down their throats. They had the bare faced brass neck to preach morals to us about a legal tax loophole.

Just look what they were up to!

" Politicians and high ranking police officials " you say
I think that's next Sunday's papers
I was going to like your reply, but feel really uneasy doing so & have said similar befire. It really does get worse on an almost daily basis.

Do you think, with what you may be privy to, that these guys & their families will eventually get a justice that is palatable to them?

Last edited:
I was going to like your reply, but feel really uneasy doing so. It really does get worse on an almost daily basis.

Do you think, with what you may be privy to, that these guys & their families will eventually get a justice that is palatable to them?
Don't think you can be 100% but from what I know and believe what will come out I think Celtic will be tarred forever more along with the SFA/SPFL I think the families just want justice and prob more so an apology from people who failed their loved ones

Don't think you can be 100% but from what I know and believe what will come out I think Celtic will be tarred forever more along with the SFA/SPFL I think the families just want justice and prob more so an apology from people who failed their loved ones
And here's hoping they get their wishes granted. When you see it typed out on a screen, it's not as if there is an insurmountable level of expectation being put on that organisation. It's not a lot that these people are looking for. 1 simple word could mean so, so much. These scum should never, ever be allowed to forget the shameful goings on perpetrated & covered up by them & theirs.

SFA let it go years ago. That’s why they will be investigated also. Or should be. Scottish law? If you mean police Scotland then they should also be investigated. The only police force that in this day and age that can lose evidence? Aye right. Independent inquiry is the only thing that will fix this imo.
Agreed. Would the English FA let this slip? Or the government in just about any civilised country in the world? We know the answer.

One alleged victim has told the Record that his alleged abuser was friendly with Celtic Boys Club beasts Jim Torbett, 71, and Frank Cairney, 84, who are both now in jail.
He claims the coach tried to impress youngsters with a Celtic ID card signed by a senior figure at the club and describing him as an official scout.

The witness the scout’s teams would regularly play Torbett’s Celtic BC teams.
He said: “There were boys in our youth teams that went on to play for Torbett or Cairney at Celtic Boys’ Club.
“They had strong links and the scout was clearly friends with both Torbett and Cairney.”

Genuinely believe this latest one is only the tip of the iceberg and that this really does go much much deeper than we already know. What’s still to come out will almost certainly involve officialdom in some capacity which will go a long way to explain how this has been suppressed for so long.

'Celtic scout' claim coach accused of child sex attacks hunted by police
The suspect told kids in the 1970s he was a scout for Celtic and it's alleged he was friendly with Celtic Boys Club beasts Jim Torbett, 71, and Frank Cairney, 84, who are both now in jail.

A former football coach who claimed to be a scout for Celtic is wanted by police over claims he carried out a string of child sex attacks.

The ‘scout’, now 75, was the subject of a complaint to police in 2015 from a man now in his 60s. Another man later came forward with more claims of abuse.

The coach is alleged to have preyed on children in the 60s and 70s.

It is alleged by his accusers that the scout – who was involved in schools and youth football in Renfrewshire – abused boys repeatedly at a house in Paisley and at a property in Argyll and Bute.

One alleged victim has told the Record that his alleged abuser was friendly with Celtic Boys Club beasts Jim Torbett, 71, and Frank Cairney, 84, who are both now in jail.

Jim Torbett was sentenced to six years in prison for child sex abuse (Image: Daily Record)READ MORE

He claims the coach tried to impress youngsters with a Celtic ID card signed by a senior figure at the club and describing him as an official scout.

The scout can’t be named for legal reasons but Police Scotland have confirmed there is a warrant for his arrest. Speaking exclusively to the Record, an alleged victim of the scout said: “I was abused by this man over years, repeatedly.

“His power over boys stemmed from the fact that he carried a card saying he was a scout with Celtic FC. He would show it all the time because it gave him status.”

He added: “The abuse happened at a house in Argyll and at my own house in Paisley between 1968 and the early 70s.

“I took this to the police in 2015. They were brilliant in the way they dealt with me but nothing seems to have happened since. I want justice.

“He was a young teacher. All the guys liked him and thought he was a good guy.

“He ran the football team in second year at school and would take boys to Celtic games, in the European Cup.

“At weekends, he would take boys to Argyll. That’s where I was first abused. I remember trying to get to sleep that night wondering what had happened. I was so naive.

READ MORE

“Other boys were there. I believe they were being abused as well. He would take three boys to Argyll at a time.

“A friend of mine, who is sadly deceased now, was also abused. I know of another victim who has spoken to police.”

It is claimed the abuser was so convincing he was able to befriend an alleged victim’s parents to the point where he would stay at their house.

The victim said he tried to commit suicide when he was still being abused as a child. The abuse stopped when he was 14 and he went on to play for the scout’s teams as a young adult.

He says that he and another alleged victim, who is now dead, were contacted by police in the mid-90s. They were asked whether they were abused by the scout.

He said: “I told the police nothing. I then spoke to my friend and asked if he’d been contacted. He said he had but had also said nothing.

“It was the first time we’d talked about the abuse between ourselves. When we were young, it was never talked about. Later I think we tried to remove it from our minds.

“I regret not telling the police in the 90s. Another victim must have contacted them and our testimonies would have helped.

READ MORE
“I regret not speaking out then but I had young children and I wanted to forget the whole thing.

“But in later life, I’ve become more and more affected by what went on when I was young. I feel I was robbed of my childhood. Now, I feel robbed of something as simple as justice.”

He said: “There were boys in our youth teams that went on to play for Torbett or Cairney at Celtic Boys’ Club.

“They had strong links and the scout was clearly friends with both Torbett and Cairney.”

It is feared the perpetrator of the abuse may now be living abroad.

Police Scotland confirmed that a warrant has been issued for the alleged abuser. The Crown Office confirmed that the case is “live”. Celtic FC made no comment.

In May, the Record revealed that Celtic FC investigated and cleared boys’ club leaders in 1986, describing claims against them as “scurrilous”.

Some of Torbett’s abuse of boys happened after that investigation.

Celtic revealed last month that they have been carrying out a new two-year investigation into the abuse claims at Celtic BC

Serious questions need asked WHY?

“I took this to the police in 2015. They were brilliant in the way they dealt with me but nothing seems to have happened since. I want justice.

Last edited:
'Celtic scout' claim coach accused of child sex attacks hunted by police
The suspect told kids in the 1970s he was a scout for Celtic and it's alleged he was friendly with Celtic Boys Club beasts Jim Torbett, 71, and Frank Cairney, 84, who are both now in jail.

A former football coach who claimed to be a scout for Celtic is wanted by police over claims he carried out a string of child sex attacks.

The ‘scout’, now 75, was the subject of a complaint to police in 2015 from a man now in his 60s. Another man later came forward with more claims of abuse.

The coach is alleged to have preyed on children in the 60s and 70s.

It is alleged by his accusers that the scout – who was involved in schools and youth football in Renfrewshire – abused boys repeatedly at a house in Paisley and at a property in Argyll and Bute.

Jim Torbett was sentenced to six years in prison for child sex abuse (Image: Daily Record)READ MORE

The scout can’t be named for legal reasons but Police Scotland have confirmed there is a warrant for his arrest. Speaking exclusively to the Record, an alleged victim of the scout said: “I was abused by this man over years, repeatedly.

“His power over boys stemmed from the fact that he carried a card saying he was a scout with Celtic FC. He would show it all the time because it gave him status.”

He added: “The abuse happened at a house in Argyll and at my own house in Paisley between 1968 and the early 70s.

“He was a young teacher. All the guys liked him and thought he was a good guy.

“He ran the football team in second year at school and would take boys to Celtic games, in the European Cup.

“At weekends, he would take boys to Argyll. That’s where I was first abused. I remember trying to get to sleep that night wondering what had happened. I was so naive.

READ MORE

“Other boys were there. I believe they were being abused as well. He would take three boys to Argyll at a time.

“A friend of mine, who is sadly deceased now, was also abused. I know of another victim who has spoken to police.”

It is claimed the abuser was so convincing he was able to befriend an alleged victim’s parents to the point where he would stay at their house.

The victim said he tried to commit suicide when he was still being abused as a child. The abuse stopped when he was 14 and he went on to play for the scout’s teams as a young adult.

He says that he and another alleged victim, who is now dead, were contacted by police in the mid-90s. They were asked whether they were abused by the scout.

He said: “I told the police nothing. I then spoke to my friend and asked if he’d been contacted. He said he had but had also said nothing.

“It was the first time we’d talked about the abuse between ourselves. When we were young, it was never talked about. Later I think we tried to remove it from our minds.

“I regret not telling the police in the 90s. Another victim must have contacted them and our testimonies would have helped.

READ MORE
“I regret not speaking out then but I had young children and I wanted to forget the whole thing.

“But in later life, I’ve become more and more affected by what went on when I was young. I feel I was robbed of my childhood. Now, I feel robbed of something as simple as justice.”

It is feared the perpetrator of the abuse may now be living abroad.

Police Scotland confirmed that a warrant has been issued for the alleged abuser. The Crown Office confirmed that the case is “live”. Celtic FC made no comment.

In May, the Record revealed that Celtic FC investigated and cleared boys’ club leaders in 1986, describing claims against them as “scurrilous”.

Some of Torbett’s abuse of boys happened after that investigation.

Celtic revealed last month that they have been carrying out a new two-year investigation into the abuse claims at Celtic BC.

READ MORE
Why was this not dealt with in 2015?

The police really do need investigated by an external force

It's pain mate.

I'm afraid it's the exact opposite. They are in full denial over this and any lawyer dragging their club through the courts will have been prompted by those big bad trouble making point scoring Rangers fans.
No matter the legal outcome, they will still expect the judiciary, politicians and media to make all this as painless as possible for them, and as for the football authorities taking action, well they won't be in the lest little bit worried about that as Celtic run these organisations for their own benefit.

Due to the drip, drip effect of ever growing Scottish tabloid front pages of the horrific abuse that's taken place at the Piggery, Celtc FC are more and more synonymous with and inextricably linked to a colossal litany of crimes against children and other young people. The reaction at away games next season for that repulsive club will be interesting to say the least.

Dornan's probably trying to draft legislation through right now to make it a hate crime to even bring this up next season.

Last edited:
So with the addition of Celtic scout to the list we are halfway if Gerry McSherry was right with his 14 name list.

I am a constantly conflicted here Aspley1, one of the victims state that the police knew all about this in 2015, but again nothing was done. Obviously, Celtc have known this and more has been coming down the tracks for a considerable length of time, but their handling of it has been scandalous.

For me, there can be only two reasons, either they are protected to the extent they think this is going to go the same as it has in the past. Or the magnitude of what is still to come is totally beyond our comprehension and Lawell continues to fiddle while Rome burns.

Obviously, Celtc have known this and more has been coming down the tracks for a considerable length of time, but their handling of it has been scandalous.

Yes, but their response has been very measured, calculated and has not wavered at all. As you say, they have had plenty of time to prepare for this and they must still be reasonably confident they can still somehow wriggle out of this disgrace, despite all the mounting evidence to the contrary.

At the end of the day, it's the ongoing well being of the victims & a justice that they deem suitable that should be first & foremost in all of this, but on a purely "personal" basis (in personal I mean Rangers) I hope these fuckers get their sanctimonious cynicism rammed right down their throats. They had the bare faced brass neck to preach morals to us about a legal tax loophole.

Just look what they were up to!

Exactly EJGS !!

The story in the Record today about a potential 7th paedo linked to Torbett and Cairney and using a Nonce FC scout ID to lure victims

Is this the story that jf1960 told us was due to break on Sunday or is there another shocker to be printed ?

Victims reporting these crimes to PS in 2015 is extremely concerning

How the f.uck can it take 4 years to issue an arrest warrant ?

I believe as others have stated PS need investigated too

There is far too many mistakes being made and delays in this scandal

FS a CBC player was murdered to silence him

The newspapers have printed the story about the 1991 attack in New Jersey by Cairney and how they made that go away

Keystone Cops would do a better job than the clowns at PS and Strathclyde Police before they changed their identity

Back