Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

My reply to him

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me. Surely a full independent inquiry would highlight any wrongdoings at all levels within any organisation. Also, I feel the victims deserve closure , whilst the convictions are welcomed, it’s a question hanging over all bodies as to who knew and what was done to prevent it. This is where the courts and police method, I feel, wouldn’t highlight this.

Kind regards

Well done everyone getting a reply back from their MSP, about an inquiry into historic Paedophile abuse at celtic. However I was taught to be cautious in my dealings, I would recommend it to fellow FF brethren. I have complete faith in the honesty of anyone working on this, so don't feel in need to see the results of their endeavours, we don't want information getting into the hands of enemies. Forewarned is forearmed as they say, give them nothing, even the tiniest bit of information could give them an advantage.

My reply to him

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me. Surely a full independent inquiry would highlight any wrongdoings at all levels within any organisation. Also, I feel the victims deserve closure , whilst the convictions are welcomed, it’s a question hanging over all bodies as to who knew and what was done to prevent it. This is where the courts and police method, I feel, wouldn’t highlight this.

Kind regards

You played it well BBS.

Don’t be too worried or surprised as that’s what we’ve had from all SNP if they even answered.

You may find that the Unionist parties give a more positive response, without being specific to any MSP.

Well done everyone getting a reply back from their MSP, about an inquiry into historic Paedophile abuse at celtic. However I was taught to be cautious in my dealings, I would recommend it to fellow FF brethren. I have complete faith in the honesty of anyone working on this, so don't feel in need to see the results of their endeavours, we don't want information getting into the hands of enemies. Forewarned is forearmed as they say, give them nothing, even the tiniest bit of information could give them an advantage.

Well said Jwee.

My reply to him

Kind regards
If you reply again mate could you please ask why HIS government is holding an inquiry into historical CSA in scotland?
What was his position on the formation of this inquiry?
Why does he see differences between victims of CSA in the Scottish Government's inquiry and those abused at sellick?

Surely MP's opinions and responses should be public knowledge.

If individuals harrass/threaten MP's then they should be dealt with appropriately, but this shouldn't be used as an exuse to 'hide behind' imo.

If these elected officials can't stand up and defend their positions and choices in the public arena then they are truly unfit for the offices they hold. For example, the one who thinks that public enquiries can't achieve anything that the police/courts haven't should surely be asked to explain such a ridiculous stance. Enquiries are designed and exist for exactly that purpose and any MP trying to use that as a pathetic excuse for denying victims truth and justice should be rightly exposed, grilled and ridiculed.

I have no idea why this thread was shut down. I didn't read it before it was locked so missed whatever went on. But if it was anything to do with protecting MP's as suggested then I hate to say it, but something stinks.

If you reply again mate could you please ask why HIS government is holding an inquiry into historical CSA in scotland?
What was his position on the formation of this inquiry?
Why does he see differences between victims of CSA in the Scottish Government's inquiry and those abused at sellick?

Just replied with a re hashed version asking him those questions , will see if I get a reply.

If individuals harrass/threaten MP's then they should be dealt with appropriately, but this shouldn't be used as an exuse to 'hide behind' imo.

If these elected officials can't stand up and defend their positions and choices in the public arena then they are truly unfit for the offices they hold. For example, the one who thinks that public enquiries can't achieve anything that the police/courts haven't should surely be asked to explain such a ridiculous stance. Enquiries are designed and exist for exactly that purpose and any MP trying to use that as a pathetic excuse for denying victims truth and justice should be rightly exposed, grilled and ridiculed.

I have no idea why this thread was shut down. I didn't read it before it was locked so missed whatever went on. But if it was anything to do with protecting MP's as suggested then I hate to say it, but something stinks.

There is a fine line to be had between constructively questioning elected members and bombarding them with repetitive insulting messages.

When this is over we can publish a list of shame with details of their responses or lack thereof, in order that the voters can decide if they are worthy of re-election.

My reason for sharing my reply is for other people to see how to best respond. I welcome feedback , would there be a better approach? I get the need to keep control of all this, so would Understand if we didn’t want to go down this route.

Perhaps ask if they and their party are categorically against an inquiry before the end of all correspondence? A simple yes or no would suffice, put them on the back foot and get responses on record.
Let everyone know in the fullness of time who were willing to sacrifice justice for votes.

It wasn't anything remotely like that mate. Much more to do with relevance and something.

if celtic have already paid out to a victim why arent the sfa citing them? its in their own rules that they can push onwards with punishments regardless of ongoing court cases so why the delay?

Celtic haven’t given them permission to cite them and the sporting authorities in this country are reluctant to issue sanctions because they are terrified of the backlash they would face from their entire mafia.

There is a fine line to be had between constructively questioning elected members and bombarding them with repetitive insulting messages.

When this is over we can publish a list of shame with details of their responses or lack thereof, in order that the voters can decide if they are worthy of re-election.
I get that, but it's not FF's place to police that surely? People here are just sharing information and perhaps encouraging others to engage with their representatives which is their right. If anything, the only thing this site can do is remind everyone to do so in the correct and proper manner, which I have seen many times. But ultimately every individual is responsible for their own actions not this forum. And we're certainly not responsible for the amount of people who feel strongly enough about a certain topic to contact said individuals. I'd suggest that it's their own conduct and actions that determine that.

So the inference on here now about refraining from sharing that information is worrying. It suggests the possibility that outside forces have been putting pressure on the site which would be very disturbing indeed.

It wasn't anything remotely like that mate. Much more to do with relevance and something.
That's good to know and I hope you are right. But that still doesn't explain why we now seem to be moderating the opinions of MP's.

I get that, but it's not FF's place to police that surely? People here are just sharing information and perhaps encouraging others to engage with their representatives which is their right. If anything, the only thing this site can do is remind everyone to do so in the correct and proper manner, which I have seen many times. But ultimately every individual is responsible for their own actions not this forum. And we're certainly not responsible for the amount of people who feel strongly enough about a certain topic to contact said individuals. I'd suggest that it's their own conduct and actions that determine that.

So the inference on here now about refraining from sharing that information is worrying. It suggests the possibility that outside forces have been putting pressure on the site which would be very disturbing indeed.

That's good to know and I hope you are right. But that still doesn't explain why we now seem to be moderating the opinions of MP's.

I think it’s got more to do with msp’s that perhaps show an interest in seeking an independent inquiry, we know there are lurkers in here, and any pressure from that side could , curtail any positive responses. It shouldn’t come into it, but sadly it does.

Perhaps ask if they and their party are categorically against an inquiry before the end of all correspondence? A simple yes or no would suffice, put them on the back foot and get responses on record.
Let everyone know in the fullness of time who were willing to sacrifice justice for votes.
True and admirable, but as evidenced by dozens of responses from politicians shown on here, none of them will commit to a yes or no answer. It's always platitudes with an unimpeachable get-out clause.

Without a doubt CAB. This will come back to bite many of them in the butt when they seek re-election. Some of the replies are both laughable and disgraceful. Let them get their comeuppance.

True and admirable, but as evidenced by dozens of responses from politicians shown on here, none of them will commit to a yes or no answer. It's always platitudes with an unimpeachable get-out clause.

Very few will commit themselves, you're correct. Some are downright cowards, some don't want to go against their team (???) and some are terrified of the backlash from their colleagues.

Some however, WILL show some backbone and that's what makes it all worthwhile. One or two (we've had them very recently) and then before you know it, there's quite a few of them. Every single one of them is important.

It's a numbers game. Contact enough people and you'd hope for a wee nugget or two in amongst them. We have had a few wee nuggets in the last week and some better ones too.

Please keep it going.

What party is Ross Thomson Brand ?

NOT MSP

CONSERVATIVE disunity over Boris Johnson’s bid for the party leadership has been laid bare with one Scottish Tory MP branding colleagues trying to stop the former Foreign Secretary becoming Prime Minister “arseholes”.

Ross Thomson, who represents Aberdeen South, launched his outspoken attack following Mr Johnson’s tub-thumping speech at a fringe event at the Conservative Party conference in Birmingham.

I don't think anyone's tried to dilute a response from an MP, if anything they've been highlighted.

Then reply with, I am unclear on your answer to the previously posed question, I assume I can add you to the other fair-minded MSP'S who have put their names forward for a full and independent enquiry?

Thank you for helping with the historical abuse in Scottish and UK football, your support is invaluable to the survivors.

can someone PM me with a list of which MP's/MSP's have been positive in calling for a public inquiry ....and those who haven't please?

Its nothing personal, but right now I wouldn't want those doing the hard work on this thread to have their information in the wrong hands.

I've been posting for over a year and would completely understand if the main contributors to this thread didn't want to show me something, so after a handful of posts I doubt they'll do so for yourself , though I'm sure your intentions are good.

If there’s a general election imminent, we need to get organised to tactically vote as many of the Natzis out of office. They are protecting this mob and will never sanction a full independent public enquiry.
Their core fanbase matters more to them than common decency so the more MP’s we can get into Holyrood who do not have vested interests then the more likely we would get calls for such an enquiry.

Back