Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Any news in from holyrood today?

Under Parliamentary Activities, a question to the Scottish Government on historic child abuse in football was lodged on 20th September and the current status of the question is that a written answer is expected on 4th October.

The question is - To ask the Scottish Government what steps it will take to ensure that incidents of historic child abuse in football are fully investigated and proportionately penalised.

This should have been getting answered today, it may still happen, but here's the latest info as of two minutes before posting this...

Answered by
Humza Yousaf (04/10/2019):
I shall reply to the member as soon as possible.

Current Status: Holding Answer issued by Humza Yousaf on 04/10/2019

So what did we learn today? Mr Useless is still a cant.

Just to add...the info regarding Mr Useless was there for a time, then gone for a while and now back again. It may be gone again shortly.

I have no idea as to why this yo-yoing back and forth is happening. It's always this clown in the middle of this isn't it?

Email to N.S.P.C.C

To:help@nspcc.org.uk

‎4‎ ‎Oct at ‎12‎:‎21

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to ask for your help, for over 4 decades there has been hundreds of incidents of child sex abuse within Scottish football, there have been suicides and a murder committed in relation to this scandal.

One prominent Scottish football club recently disclosed that they had undertook a 2 year investigation and to date they have not spoken to any of the boys who were abused, or have they disclosed any findings of their investigation, an investigation that never involved police.

We have to assume that there may still be paedophiles operating at that club and other clubs within Scottish football and to this day children are still at risk.
As your organisation is set up to protect children i would ask that you make a request to the Scottish Government to order a fully Independent Public Inquiry into historical child sex abuse within Scottish football, in order to protect children that are at risk, or maybe at risk in the future and also to help the hundreds of victims who deserve an apology,closure and compensation from the clubs who enabled their abusers in the past.

It would be a dereliction of duty for your organisation to fail to highlight and protect children at risk whilst participating in a much loved National sport.
It would also be immoral to ignore this scandal, and if you done the correct thing it would bring you positive P.R. and a possible increase in donations.

Look forward to your thoughts/reply.

kind regards
R.K.

Great post mate.

Under Parliamentary Activities, a question to the Scottish Government on historic child abuse in football was lodged on 20th September and the current status of the question is that a written answer is expected on 4th October.

The question is - To ask the Scottish Government what steps it will take to ensure that incidents of historic child abuse in football are fully investigated and proportionately penalised.

This should have been getting answered today, it may still happen, but here's the latest info as of two minutes before posting this...

Answered by

If he answers it’ll be a first. Every other time he’s passed it to the minister for sport.

If he answers it’ll be a first. Every other time he’s passed it to the minister for sport.

That sounds like him. Another cop-out on the cards then?

This clown ducks and dives around ANYTHING that's asked of him on the subject, no matter who's asking. What a poor excuse for a man.

Another example of how Mr Useless rolls...

Why is he still in a job? Who is protecting him?

That sounds like him. Another cop-out on the cards then?

This clown ducks and dives around ANYTHING that's asked of him on the subject, no matter who's asking. What a poor excuse for a man.

Another example of how Mr Useless rolls...

Why is he still in a job? Who is protecting him?
There’s so many you could ask that question. When you think about it how many SNP ministers have been sacked despite the endless incompetence? None! They’re just moved to another role.

There’s so many you could ask that question. When you think about it how many SNP ministers have been sacked despite the endless incompetence? None! They’re just moved to another role.

Mr Useless really does live up to his name.

As Minister for Transport

He really doesn't like us doesn't he?

And that folks is why we must get that mob out and why we must continue to ask Mr Useless (being non-confrontational - he'll win otherwise) and his cronies the questions that he doesn't want to answer, but should. It shows him up every time.

I have quite a few links to this mess and half of them is him playing a victim, calling for people to get sacked (the irony). Now where have I heard that before? He's another rat. Get them out!

More MSP have to ask the question so that it gains traction and the pressure is put on him to not continue down the route of defending paedophile enablers.
It won’t happen. They have coveted the catholic vote since the previous referendum and they see this republic of Scotland as the way ahead. They will not harm this and the other parties have little fight in them.
There doesn’t seem enough pressure

Last edited:
I believe it will
Your calm and measured responses are the only thing giving me some hope after reading that response, or should I say non-response.

In no way should this clown be allowed to throw this to a subordinate. If historical child abuse, of over four or five decades, enabled by and actively concealed by any organization doesn't rise to the level of responsibility of the top law enforcement officer, then what does?!

Reply from N.S.P.C.C. , sounds like useless works there too

Dear R.K. 

Thank you for your email which we received on 04/10/2019.

The NSPCC launched a Commissioned Helpline for People Abused in Football in England and Scotland (0800 026 2642). The NSPCC aim is to provide support and assistance to people (past/present and/or their families) who call the Helpline to provide information concerning non-recent and current concerns relating to safeguarding issues and sexual abuse specifically in football. Then report safeguarding concerns as and when they are raised in line with the NSPCC’s statutory duty.

The Scottish Football Association have a separate service for survivors of abuse in football (0141 616 6133). In addition to this, in Scotland ‘Breathing Space’ is for people who need to talk about anything and it is open evenings and weekends on: 0800 83 85 87.

The Football Association offer a counselling support to anyone effected by abuse through football, ‘Sporting Chance Helpline for Adult Survivors’ (07585 900000).

Kind regards

Clare Carson
NSPCC Helpline Practitioner

Can anyone shed any light on what's happening with the Police hunt for the paedo harbourers 'scout'? It's all gone rather quiet regarding yet another beast with ties to them.

Any new info would be welcome, but if it's info that we don't want the many and there are many, lurkers on here seeing, please feel free to PM it and I'll spend some time on it. Thanks!

Reply from N.S.P.C.C. , sounds like useless works there too

Dear R.K. 

Thank you for your email which we received on 04/10/2019.

The NSPCC launched a Commissioned Helpline for People Abused in Football in England and Scotland (0800 026 2642). The NSPCC aim is to provide support and assistance to people (past/present and/or their families) who call the Helpline to provide information concerning non-recent and current concerns relating to safeguarding issues and sexual abuse specifically in football. Then report safeguarding concerns as and when they are raised in line with the NSPCC’s statutory duty.

The Scottish Football Association have a separate service for survivors of abuse in football (0141 616 6133). In addition to this, in Scotland ‘Breathing Space’ is for people who need to talk about anything and it is open evenings and weekends on: 0800 83 85 87.

The Football Association offer a counselling support to anyone effected by abuse through football, ‘Sporting Chance Helpline for Adult Survivors’ (07585 900000).

Kind regards

Clare Carson
NSPCC Helpline Practitioner

I only got auto replies from them. It might be worthwhile now that you have a named contact, to ask her again what the NSPCC is doing to call for a full independent inquiry.

If you can either post of PM me her email address I will do the same.

Can anyone shed any light on what's happening with the Police hunt for the paedo harbourers 'scout'? It's all gone rather quiet regarding yet another beast with ties to them.

Any new info would be welcome, but if it's info that we don't want the many and there are many, lurkers on here seeing, please feel free to PM it and I'll spend some time on it. Thanks!
Have we got a name yet mate

Reply to N.S.P.C.C.

To:help@nspcc.org.uk
5‎ ‎Oct at ‎11‎:‎24

Hi Clare,

Thank you so much for the reply, could you please advise as to what the N.S.P.C.C. are doing to call for an Independent public inquiry into this very serious National scandal, that has in the past and hopefully not in the future affected hundreds of vulnerable children.
An organisation of the reputation and integrity of N.S.P.C.C. , would hopefully be a voice which would be listened to by the Scottish Parliament ,in the fight for justice for the poor victims involved.

Look forward to your reply

Kind regards

R.K.

I genuinely don’t think this person exists.

They are a handy phantom in the background whom gives them the excuse to not ever talk about the child abuse at Celtic because it is still an “ongoing case”.

Have we got a name yet mate

Don't think so JF.

Just picked this up again and if I remember correctly, I think the Police weren't disclosing much information at all. Maybe now they should owing to their pathetic attempts to find the rat. Get the name out there and let's find him.

I don't have much confidence in them when they couldn't even find a car with one dead and one seriously injured in it in a field for three days, after a reported motorway crash.

Last edited by a moderator:
I genuinely don’t think this person exists.

They are a handy phantom in the background whom gives them the excuse to not ever talk about the child abuse at Celtic because it is still an “ongoing case”.

I see your point mate. It does make you wonder, more so with some of the nonsense that's always banded about in relation to the subject.

However, I do believe the beast is out there, but the Police don't seem to be too clever at finding him.

I brought him to the forefront again because so many people are hiding behind this ongoing case crap. Is this beast perhaps hindering at least taking some issues forward? Even if he is, are we going to see that line peddled out constantly to avoid taking action towards that rancid club?

Don't think so JF.

Just picked this up again and if I remember correctly, I think the Police weren't disclosing much information at all. Maybe now they should owing to their pathetic attempts to find the rat. Get the name out there and let's find him.

I don't have much confidence in them when they couldn't even find a car in a field for three days, after a reported motorway crash.

With a dead man and a critically injured woman it it.

With a dead man and a critically injured woman it it.

Indeed John, I just edited my post to add that a minute ago.

The Police have had ample time to find this piece of shit. They've failed for whatever reason and the guy is still out there, still posing a risk to kids.

Why have we lost all sense of kids lives being paramount? Let's find the rat.

The press know this name imo.

I think you're correct BB. They certainly know his age.

He was friendly with Torbett and Cairney. Is he yet another one of the paedophile ring operating in and around Celtic Football Club?

Paedophile Torbett - 71 years old
Paedophile Cairney - 84 years old
Paedophile ? - 75 years old

Answered by

Does anyone know how long he is allowed to delay this for?

If there is a paedophile in the wild with a known identity, shouldn’t there be some form of requirement for the person to be identified by picture and name in the media to ensure that the public take the relevant actions to avoid ?

To do otherwise is knowingly endangering children.

Some could also regards this as harbouring .........

Don't think so JF.

I don't have much confidence in them when they couldn't even find a car with one dead and one seriously injured in it in a field for three days, after a reported motorway crash.
They are fast enuf getting Rangers fans pics out in the open.

If there is a paedophile in the wild with a known identity, shouldn’t there be some form of requirement for the person to be identified by picture and name in the media to ensure that the public take the relevant actions to avoid ?

Exactly why has this vhermin not been named in the media as wanted he is a danger to children ffs

Exactly why has this vhermin not been named in the media as wanted he is a danger to children ffs

That's too logical JF. We don't do that sort of stuff in the republic of Scotland.

They can't wait to post pics of Rangers fans though.

Any time I've seen the beast mentioned, the word 'scout' is always in inverted commas. Now, I think the press do know the guys name, but can't publish it for legal reasons. I also think the reason for the inverted commas may be because that's what the rat portrayed himself to be and that the press may know he's not an official scout. Based on nothing solid, just my interpretation of it at this time.

100% agree LTD.

email to Glasgow City Council Child protection team

To:scdchildrenandfamilies@glasgow.gov.uk

‎5‎ ‎Oct at ‎15‎:‎02

Dear Sir/Madam,

I write this correspondence to your child protection team as an extremely concerned member of the public. My colleague has a son who plays football with St.Patricks boys club, formerly known as Celtic boys club. As you maybe aware the Celtic F.C. , C.E.O. Mr Peter Lawwell recently announced that the club had conducted a 2 year "internal" investigation into child sex abuse at the club.
I am intrigued as to the merits of this secret investigation, is it an investigation into historic child sex abuse at the club, or ongoing sex abuse at the club?, or both?

To my knowledge to date there have been no findings released, reference this investigation. None of the victims of historic abuse were interviewed, Police Scotland were not involved, present players with St. Patricks boys club were also not interviewed, so it begs the question, "Did this alleged investigation ever happen?"

As my representative City Council, i request that your child protection team also investigate this investigation In order to find out if it is safe for parents to allow their children to attend training/matches at Celtic F.C./St. Patricks boys club? as at present there appears to be a cloud of secrecy pertaining to this club and it's investigation.

I have requested information from Mr Lawwell without reply, also from Police Scotland who are also "in the dark", so that leaves only the option of your child protection team to try find out this information in order to keep our children safe,I would be most grateful if you could obtain the answer's to my question's,on behalf of my colleague, from Mr Lawwell, as i think he would be more likely to reply to Glasgow City Council, who issue safety and other licences to his club, than myself.

Thank you and look forward to your reply.

Kind regards
R.K.

Back