Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

it's coming out slowly but surely....but it is a story which is neverending and will only end when justice is given out for the victims and their families.

Is there anything big in the pipeline regarding court action? Other people must feel the same as me and get infuriatingly angry reading this thread with what seems like absolutely sickening and unimaginable perversion, only to have nothing done ( and I can’t even begin to imagine how much worse it is for the victims).

The revelations this week alone, well I never thought I could feel even sicker about what has went on. How the police and political powers can or are allowed to turn a blind eye is astounding.

Is there anything big in the pipeline regarding court action? Other people must feel the same as me and get infuriatingly angry reading this thread with what seems like absolutely sickening and unimaginable perversion, only to have nothing done ( and I can’t even begin to imagine how much worse it is for the victims).

The revelations this week alone, well I never thought I could feel even sicker about what has went on. How the police and political powers can or are allowed to turn a blind eye is astounding.

there's plenty in the pipeline as far as evidence goes , there is a 3 part documentary still to be aired ,there are test cases lined up ready to go at court once covid -19 permits and hopefully these will be followed up by numerous other cases we've been told about.
There is also potential for wider television coverage of the abuse by way of possible interviews with victims etc ,so there is definitely more to come on this ....in time.

My greatest fear here is that, despite the daily drip feed of sordid revelations, the hard work of those involved in this thread, the involvement of the Times newspaper, there is no big break through in terms of getting the justice the victims deserve! The will to defeat justice appears to be everywhere in Scotland today with the Government, the football authorities and the compliant press all playing their part in supressing a national scandal surrounding this sordid football club.
I genuinely thought this year would see the end of this with some form of acceptance of guilt, appropriate punishment,contrition and the victims rightly compensated in terms of justice (not just cash etc) I hope those on here who are still confident that this will happen are correct in their views but I must confess to a nagging doubt that this will just drag on in such a way that nothing is ever finalised.
Apologies if that sounds defeatist but it is a feeling that gnaws a way at me

Really?

One of the victims will be going to court soon. That’s all we can really say for now. Like @Bluethunder says above the pandemic has slowed things down.

Does anyone on FF with any legal knowledge know how viable this separate entity defence is? It would seem to me that sheer amount of articles and other evidence linking CFC and CBC is overwhelming along with the fact the club clearly benefited from CBC. Celtic clearly have legal advice that are not linked with CBC.

I’m conscious of the fact that legal outcomes don’t necessarily follow what the ordinary man in the street feels is obvious or common sense.

Is it simply a case of the “separate entity” defence was used when they didn’t feel there was any legacy documentary evidence to the contrary out there, and now it’s a case of baton down the hatches till it blows over or are they holding on to some financial/business documentation that proves their case?

If they can prove that they are separate then they will have no case to answer which scares the shit out of me.
With the law change it doesn't matter if they are separate entity and everyone knows they were the one and same club and they will get what's coming to them

there's plenty in the pipeline as far as evidence goes , there is a 3 part documentary still to be aired ,there are test cases lined up ready to go at court once covid -19 permits and hopefully these will be followed up by numerous other cases we've been told about.
There is also potential for wider television coverage of the abuse by way of possible interviews with victims etc ,so there is definitely more to come on this ....in time.

One of the victims will be going to court soon. That’s all we can really say for now. Like @Bluethunder says above the pandemic has slowed things down.

Thanks for that guys. It’s really good to know. The last time I asked what could we do there was advice to write to your mp and msp but so far it seems that’s been falling on deaf ears. But it’s reassuring that this isn’t over.

Thanks for that guys. It’s really good to know. The last time I asked what could we do there was advice to write to your mp and msp but so far it seems that’s been falling on deaf ears. But it’s reassuring that this isn’t over.

they might be deaf but they can still read ,so keep sending your emails to your mps/msps...make their day a happy one

Martin Henry being picked to head this investigation and he didn't know about the other two Rennie and Strachan when he worked with them, this is another sham of an investigation and will discover nothing of significance, that's why he's been chosen to cover up, not expose.
The whole of the administrators of the game in Scotland are rotten to the core, they should be removed and disbanded, it reeks to high heaven.

What was the process for selecting this guy? Was there a minuted meeting? Who proposed and seconded him?

I have always thought that the RC schools apartheid offered up child victims to the pervert priests with a much lower chance of these rapes and abuses being reported. IE the parents and the victims being terrified of their own church , be it the priests or the archdeacons etc. That's why the priests will not give it up. They have kept these abuses inhouse for hundreds of years. They are brainwashed from a very young age that if they go against their disgusting church they will go to hell when they die. Hence the reason so many of them who had lapsed turn back to the church when they get old. That, however, doesn't explain the behaviour of the inappropriately named justice secretary...

unfortunately justice does not just happen overnight but trust me,the evidence mounting up behind the scenes is almost of avalanche proportions and once revealed in its fullest,will engulf this cesspit of depravity and take all involved with it.....it is coming as sure as an exocet missile and they can't do %^*& all about it.

I sincerely hope you are correct mate.

There certainly seems to be momentum building.

The replies from the mentally challengeds with news clippings from the accusations against Rangers are absolutely disgusting, even their supporters deflect attention and deny child abuse victims justice. The sheer amount of them that have no idea how deep rooted and basically traditional child abuse was in their club are completely blind and the shocking thing is its basically all of them, the few that acknowledge it argue that "its been dealt with" or even worse equate child abuse with footballing rivalry which is sickening.
Child abuse under any circumstance is deplorable and some of these morons compare it to breaking a window, if this was Rangers I would of been outraged, ashamed and no where near the club ever again.
Truly warped individuals.

Do you think when all the evidence is produced whether it be in court or (don't laugh) the media, the country will be ready for it. I mean in terms of the scale of their vile deeds?

Yes 'really'. You may be more in the know than I am but given the level of information freely available out there, the numerous press reports, the C4 stuff etc don't you think its remarkable how it is not already done? Blue thunder's reply states there is a level of momentum so I will bow to that, but as a normal fan, they seem remarkable adept at avoiding responsibility, hence my fear.... Really!

Do you think when all the evidence is produced whether it be in court or (don't laugh) the media, the country will be ready for it. I mean in terms of the scale of their vile deeds?

Who doesn't know at this stage really? I'd be surprised if there were many. Folks happy to write if off as a football thing, a rivalry. Unbelievable.

Who doesn't know at this stage really? I'd be surprised if there were many. Folks happy to write if off as a football thing, a rivalry. Unbelievable.

Very frustrating at times UU, but there is a very clear momentum building which is
due to the amazing efforts of certain people, and certain breakthroughs have been
made that need to stay private currently.

As BN94 said, 'more to come'.

Sorry, being forgetful. What law change was this?
I think there was a recent high court ruling that you couldn’t claim to be a separate entity if your organisation directly benefited from the so called “separate entity” and as a lot of CBC players ended up playing for the senior team then CFC obviously benefited from CBC. The C4 piece by Alex Thompson highlighted it.

Better to leave it alone. Eventually when all this comes out they will have to tear it down themselves.
Not meaning to be crass or disrespectful, but BLM could also constitute 'Boy's Lifes Matter' too. A label richly deserved regarding the sordid goings-on at that club and the children's life's they destroyed. I truly hope all involved get some kind of solace and closure soon.

I think there was a recent high court ruling that you couldn’t claim to be a separate entity if your organisation directly benefited from the so called “separate entity” and as a lot of CBC players ended up playing for the senior team then CFC obviously benefited from CBC. The C4 piece by Alex Thompson highlighted it.

think it was the supreme court

The stuff that's already out is grotesque and disturbing as it is, are you insinuating there is an absolute game changer still to come?

There are more irons in the fire now than at any time in the last two years CT.

We're going to continue to pursue them as a team, and push as hard as we
can on all of these options.

There's no 'smoking gun' as they say, but we've got plenty of lighters :))

So who do SFA choose to investigate abuse? Martin Henry who just happened to work at LGBT Youth Scotland beside James Rennie convicted with Neil Strachan as part of largest ever paedophile ring.

Martin Henry who could not see that the colleague he worked beside for 3 years was an abuser. Despite his works computers being used!

Does anyone think the SFA enquiry with its specially handpicked investigator will find anything?
No but when a real independent inquiry comes along each and everyone of them who put the people o oversee the inquiry in place will be made to look fools and will have some questions to answer

My thoughts exactly mate sick to death nothing being done an absolute scandal of epic proportions

The silence from the likes of the Sun and the Daily Record in Scotland over today’s revelation confirms that they are every bit complicit in the cover up of child abuse at Celtic
They should be called out and ashamed at their failures
All of this and more could easily have been exposed by them over the past 30 years and more

My thoughts exactly mate sick to death nothing being done an absolute scandal of epic proportions

Bar the Catholic Church itself. Nothing I can think of comes close to this in scale of organised abuse. The case in America that was renowned worldwide doesn’t even come close in scale. Perhaps the Saville saga and the BBC cover up but to be honest it looks like it’s part of the same huge scandal.

I’ve been noticing Humza over the past few days with his “black lives matter” views all over social media. Even giving a like on Twitter to Celtic for their efforts.
Again Humza you’re wrong. I think you’ll find that all lives matter unless your a unionist of course. To also have the audacity to give Celtic a like is sickening when he knows exactly what’s gone on at that club.
We have seen many press releases about exactly what’s been going on. The proof is there but still you choose to ignore the victims and families and praise the efforts of Celtic.
This individual is an absolute disgrace and not fit for purpose.
This guy is the lowest of the low. how he can ignore what went on and other things that go on at the club he obvious thinks is immune to racism,sectarianism and any other wrongdoings is quite frightening.How clowns like this get a job in government baffles me.It is not for his knowledge and understanding of what the people who are victims of these sickening crimes must be suffering. An absolute ignorant arsehole with so much power to wield just makes me sick. And exactly,all lives matter but sadly not in his world

Last edited:
Here's what I don't get.

The guys on this thread who are doing all the digging and hard work have been unbelievable, and have worked there arses off and no doubt had to hear/read some awful things...

...but where the fūck are the police in all of this?

Do they actually have investigators in the police force or do they just sit on their arse and wait until people hand them information on a plate or watch a TV documentary before they get off their arses?

The amount of information on the subject available (to the public never mind a police force), is overwhelming, but no one apart from the guys on here and some of the victims seem to be doing anything about what are in fact criminal acts (and not just tax avoidance schemes).

Police Scotland, hang your heads in shame.

I would just like to say again well done to all the guys in the background doing their bit for justice. In fact you guys are doing (for free) what the f**king sham of a polis force should be doing. They, along with the politicians are complicit in this cover up.

I had my doubts recently regarding this whole nightmare but after reading the thread for the last couple of days, I am no convinced the victims will get the justice they deserve and that vile, rancid club will be heavily penalised.

As an aside, I stay just off London Road so if anyone has a spare JCB going.....

Here's what I don't get.

The guys on this thread who are doing all the digging and hard work have been unbelievable, and have worked there arses off and no doubt had to hear/read some awful things...

...but where the fūck are the police in all of this?

Do they actually have investigators in the police force or do they just sit on their arse and wait until people hand them information on a plate or watch a TV documentary before they get off their arses?

The amount of information on the subject available (to the public never mind a police force), is overwhelming, but no one apart from the guys on here and some of the victims seem to be doing anything about what are in fact criminal acts (and not just tax avoidance schemes).

Police Scotland, hang your heads in shame.
I don't think it's so much the police but after watching the James English podcast with police whistleblower it's possible instruction comes from the hierarchy not to pursue these crimes.

Back