Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

BN94

They could be interviewed via FaceTime or something similar.
I get what you’re saying but this has been a few years in the making. Like @Bobafett Bear says in his first sentence, a researcher was contacted and obviously everything is on hold due to the pandemic and I know you’ll agree rightly so.

I think you’ll also agree that within the last year there have been new developments. We were originally told that it was scheduled for early to the middle of this year. We were then told it was due at the end of February. Also we had the Alex Thomson piece, so it may not be complete.

sdp02

I've followed this thread for what must be years now (before signing up) and it's safe to say, no matter what new evidence brought to light, convictions or brave witness testimonies, there is always a deflection, denial, silence or spin story to counteract any progress in this fight for justice. It's on that point, I'd like to thank everyone behind the scenes who keep on fighting for justice in the face of this rotten adversary.
There is no shock or surprise by this point, but the absolute disgust you feel in your stomach does not waver as it develops.
Scotland is part of the United Kingdom, one of the most developed and progressive countries in the world. Why is it that such an indescribable evil has been allowed to fester and destroy, while it's now concurrent fallout and cover up is urged to evaporate?? The question has been put to the highest of elected powers in Scotland, but they don't want to know. No matter what we think we know and the strong reasons we can assume, it doesn't change the fact of how awful this fact is; they do not want to talk about it. Why?
I truly, truly worry for Scotland in this day and age. From relatively small fry like "losing the evidence" with regards to the effigies, to dodging this national disgrace and now this week attempting to have court proceedings without a jury forced in, where does this corrupt regime of biased, moral narcissism get off??
In such severely important circumstances, it may come across as partisan to say it, but if it was us, we'd be shutdown already. There is a deep, corrupted heart in this once great country. I pray that the truth will out, and the survivors get justice in whatever form is right for them.
Very good post.

o7o

I've followed this thread for what must be years now (before signing up) and it's safe to say, no matter what new evidence brought to light, convictions or brave witness testimonies, there is always a deflection, denial, silence or spin story to counteract any progress in this fight for justice. It's on that point, I'd like to thank everyone behind the scenes who keep on fighting for justice in the face of this rotten adversary.
There is no shock or surprise by this point, but the absolute disgust you feel in your stomach does not waver as it develops.
Scotland is part of the United Kingdom, one of the most developed and progressive countries in the world. Why is it that such an indescribable evil has been allowed to fester and destroy, while it's now concurrent fallout and cover up is urged to evaporate?? The question has been put to the highest of elected powers in Scotland, but they don't want to know. No matter what we think we know and the strong reasons we can assume, it doesn't change the fact of how awful this fact is; they do not want to talk about it. Why?
I truly, truly worry for Scotland in this day and age. From relatively small fry like "losing the evidence" with regards to the effigies, to dodging this national disgrace and now this week attempting to have court proceedings without a jury forced in, where does this corrupt regime of biased, moral narcissism get off??
In such severely important circumstances, it may come across as partisan to say it, but if it was us, we'd be shutdown already. There is a deep, corrupted heart in this once great country. I pray that the truth will out, and the survivors get justice in whatever form is right for them.
100% mate

alexg123

You just have to look at a few years ago when an unmarked grave with the bodies of hundreds of children was discovered on the grounds of a Catholic orphanage, just outside of Motherwell. The police very quickly released a statement saying that there was no signs of criminality. And it was brushed away into the dustbin of history by the press.
After that, there were some stories that sneaked through of horrific abuse at that orphanage - children beaten brutally and sexual abuse. Yet still, it hasn’t ever been investigated. It is completely sinister.
Sounds like someone else has a great big carpet with hidden secrets underneath :mad:

Cooper_11

Official Ticketer
Great post mate.
You are quite right to be worried about Scotland in this day and age. It is a divided country due to the nationalist zealots at Holyrood and their determination to avoid upsetting their republican vote who support the vile club at Kerrydale Street.
They would rather turn a blind eye to the heinous crimes of a paedophile ring than risk upsetting their core vote. In any normal society that would be unacceptable, but in the political cesspit of Scotland it is a fact. The SNP is a corrupt cabal of cronies who are a clear and present danger to our club and our community. In short, they despise us and everything we stand for.
We need a full independent enquiry into child sex abuse in Scottish football, with no stone unturned. If the SNP is involved in any way, then any enquiry would be tainted and there would be a cover up of the cover up.
I have massive respect for the guys on here who have continued to fight to bring justice for the victims and punish the guilty. They are fighting against a corrupt regime and a level of protectionism hitherto unseen in this country. They are a credit to themselves, their families and to justice everywhere. I salute them !

BlueBaloo

Surely they should be taken this time to further investigate their 'internal investigation'
Then they would be re-investigating the investigation of an investigation and going round in a continual circle of denial and of any wrongdoing.

Which is pretty much where they are at now

They have run out of excuses...they go to court with the separate entity plea any competent brief will shit all over it

And the pigs arse liewell is baw deep in it .

What to do........

davydumper

An absolute ridiculous decision by those judges, a jury found him guilty with evidence that was presented, yet they come out with the jury didn’t consider other evidence, have the judges not thought that the jury may have considered this evidence and came to the conclusion that the testimonies given by the victims was more compelling, just makes you wonder about the legal system.

Broxmeister

Just read the Celtic Star. Watching them trying to take the moral high ground with their past 2 articles has been nothing but comical.
Then they use a picture of Tynecastle for the headline. I actually burst out laughing.
The Celtic Star are attempting to shift the whole blame onto the SFA. Over the years they have never interviewed a victim of the crimes committed by their club. So why have they raised their heads now?
They have no sympathy for Malcolm. He decided to dance with the devil, and their only aim was to gain a quote that would deflect the attention away from the crimes committed and subsequently covered up by the club.
Then they have the cheek of mentioning the Gray ladies. They have sat back and watched these ladies take abuse from day one from the unwashed without saying a word. I can categorically state that the Gray’s want nothing whatsoever to do with Celtic, and the Celtic Star are only using a previous quote.
Malcolm Rodger was a godsend to the filth. A man that is taking action against the SFA so they decided to jump on the bandwagon solely to gain quotes that would deflect their own crimes. Only the uneducated would fall for such a stunt.
I can’t speak for Malcolm and never will. I just hope he realises what the Celtic Star are attempting to achieve. They have done nothing but used this gentleman for their own ends. To deflect all attention away from the crimes committed by the club. Denial of child abuse is the Catholic way. It’s been proven worldwide when brought to justice.
Then we have the Alex Thomson segments. The star response was to go on the defensive. Unlike Rangers fans who want the whole truth out there, the star denied these claims and quoted him as “a once respected journalist”.
The truth is coming and The Star know it. That is the only reason they are getting involved now. To attempt to paint a picture that this is a Scottish football problem.
For over 40 years and probably longer their club has been involved in destroying young boys dreams and lives. They have a long list of individuals that also knew exactly what was going on and still went ahead and erected statues of individuals who knew.
We also believe that there are individuals alive to this day that know what was going on at that club.
Another question that needs answering by the club and the Star is who was hiding Lyness Malley?
We received information on this individual and went on the hunt. There was no mention of him on any search engine or on Celtics history pages. Why? What reason was there to leave this individual out of their history? And who removed it? We’ve got the proof that he existed within that club. I have it here in front of me.
Anyway. The Celtic Star. We await a full interview with the victims of your club. Your denying and deflecting days are coming to an end soon. If a full independent inquiry uncovers anything untoward that happened at Rangers football club then I know the club and our support will do the right thing. Your club have known for over 40 years and done nothing. Even to the extent of denying your own boys club.
I first met Lyness Malley in the late 70s when I started working in the same place as him and I can assure everyone he was extremely active within Celtic boys club then. He would talk about the boys club and the work he done as a Celtic pools agent non stop. As I have said in a previous post we would rip into him about the abuse at the boys club on a daily basis, so for him to claim he was unaware of the allegations is just simply a lie.

Southernlion

In todays New York Times there is a link to http://bishop-accountability.org/ Apparently this started off as a US site but has snowballed

There is a page on Ireland http://www.bishop-accountability.org/Ireland/

Some of the newspaper reports reflect the Scottish attitude of ignoring incidents, and slandering complainants and reporters.

Exactly the same attitudes as those emanating from Parkhead and Holyrood

ibroxcats

what was the religion of the judges who over turned it?
I researched this specific question a few months ago and posted it. Only one of the seven is a catholic. It shouldn't matter in the highest court in the country, but it's glaringly obvious that the influence, power and fear that the roman church can bring to bear has corrupted the erstwhile trusted members of that court.

GersyBoy

I first met Lyness Malley in the late 70s when I started working in the same place as him and I can assure everyone he was extremely active within Celtic boys club then. He would talk about the boys club and the work he done as a Celtic pools agent non stop. As I have said in a previous post we would rip into him about the abuse at the boys club on a daily basis, so for him to claim he was unaware of the allegations is just simply a lie.
Rehab SGH late 70s Early 80s ?

Allybear

Vatican lawyers know the script inside out, they know that these kids rarely have a witness. Laws that are supposed to protect people from false accusation are being totally exploited to defend and cover for this peado cult. The law sometimes has its limitations and society must depend on the good consience of the public to call it out and boycott, that would put a stop to it. However the supporters of this evil cult continue to support the paedos and enablers claiming they are being persecuted.

Rarely are these poor kids even mentioned

thetoptier

I researched this specific question a few months ago and posted it. Only one of the seven is a catholic. It shouldn't matter in the highest court in the country, but it's glaringly obvious that the influence, power and fear that the roman church can bring to bear has corrupted the erstwhile trusted members of that court.
interesting

i'm going to assume they were bought off

Southernlion

Here is NYT report on Pell

MELBOURNE, Australia — Australia’s highest court on Tuesday overturned the sexual abuse conviction of Cardinal George Pell, the highest-ranking Roman Catholic leader ever found guilty in the church’s clergy pedophilia crisis.
Cardinal Pell, 78, who was the Vatican’s chief financial officer and an adviser to Pope Francis, was sentenced to six years in prison last March for molesting two 13-year-old boys after Sunday Massin 1996.
He walked free on Tuesday after a panel of seven judges ruled that the jury ought to have entertained a doubt about his guilt. The judges cited “compounding improbabilities” to conclude that the verdicts on five counts reached in 2018 were “unreasonable or cannot be supported by the evidence.”
In a statement, Cardinal Pell reiterated his assertion that he had committed no crimes. “I have consistently maintained my innocence while suffering from a serious injustice,” he said. “This has been remedied today with the High Court’s unanimous decision.”

The verdict, handed down by Chief Justice Susan Kiefel to a largely empty courtroom in Brisbane because of social distancing measures to help slow the spread of the coronavirus, shocked Catholics in Australia and around the world.
Cardinal Pell had receded from the public mind during his time in prison, and with the exception of his die-hard supporters, most Australians had come to accept his guilt as an established fact.

His case had dragged on for years. His first trial ended with a hung jury; his second carried on with a heavy shroud of secrecy as suppression orders limited what could be reported or even scrutinized.

The testimony of the case’s most important witness, a former choirboy who had stepped forward with his claims in 2015, was never made public, not even in transcripts. Legal experts said that made it difficult for the public to comprehend the complexity of the case, as well as the High Court’s ultimate ruling.
“Most of us didn’t know any of the details, and none of us have seen the complainant’s testimony,” said Jeremy Gans, a Melbourne Law School professor who has been closely following the case.
The cardinal had been convicted on counts related to two separate incidents when he was the archbishop of Melbourne, making him the first bishop to be found guilty in a criminal court for sexually abusing minors, according to BishopAccountability.org, which tracks cases of sexual abuse by Catholic clergy.
The six-year sentence, which fell far short of the 50-year maximum, was closely scrutinized, but held up on its initial appeal, which was based in part on Cardinal Pell’s contention that there was not sufficient evidence to support the convictions.
In its judgment on Tuesday, the High Court found that for all five charges, there were many improbabilities that had not been fully considered by the jury. There is “a significant possibility,” the judges wrote in summarizing the case, “that an innocent person has been convicted.”
The problems started, the decision suggested, with the single accuser. Because a second complainant had died before a trial began, the case was “wholly dependent upon the acceptance of the truthfulness and the reliability” of one man’s testimony, the judges wrote.
While the jury found him credible, along with a majority of judges in the Court of Appeal, the High Court sided with a dissenting appeals court judge. That judge said that the jury ought to have had a reasonable doubt about Cardinal Pell’s guilt based on testimony from other witnesses who argued that the events described by the accuser did not match the cardinal’s regular Sunday routine.
There were other allegations that were not part of the case. In February 2019, a second trial in which Cardinal Pell was accused of touching boys in a swimming pool in Ballarat was canceled because of legal setbacks.
Karen Monument, the sister of one of the men in that case, said her brother and the family were “devastated” that Cardinal Pell would now walk free.

“We sincerely hope that today’s decision by the court of Australia does not become a deterrent to survivor victims. It is more important than ever that they continue to speak their truth and hold to account both perpetrators and institutions,” the Monument family said in a statement released via Facebook.
Phil Nagle, an advocate for abuse victims from Ballarat, Cardinal Pell’s hometown, said that he and others were shocked by the judgment, which engendered further distrust of a court system that they feel has failed to bring many abusers to justice.
We “don’t know what to believe anymore,” Mr. Nagle said, adding that he remained hopeful that further allegations against Cardinal Pell would come to light, and that he ultimately would be brought to trial again.
“The journey is a long way from being over for Cardinal Pell,” he said.
Last week, two other men came forward accusing Cardinal Pell of abusing them in Ballarat during his time as a priest in that diocese.
Rosemary O’Grady, a retired lawyer who took detailed notes at the trials on behalf of several victims’ groups, said that the judgment showed the need for abuse survivors to have their own representation in the courtroom.
“The crown case was so abysmal,” Ms. O’Grady said of the prosecution’s case. “There were times when I was walking up and down with steam coming out my nostrils,” she said, adding that the release of Cardinal Pell represented “a bad day for democracy.”

Grigo Yossarian

Some leading authority on the dark arts known as Catholicism. One quote in his article about Pell says he was persecuted. No mention of the poor men that Pell abused. Makes you want to spew. He was proven guilty by a jury. This Weigel guy has rattled out 20 books on Catholics. They can do no wrong in his eyes
Thanks mate. I’ve never heard of the baw.

nemessis

Chief Justice Susan Kiefel was recommended for her high court position by John Howard and Tony Abbott both ex prime ministers and personal friends of George Pell.
Tony Abbott even visited pell in prison, their tentacles reach far and wide, he got off because there were no independent witnesses,their word against his, innocent until proven guilty in the eyes of the law.
He is certainly not innocent and everyone must see the 3 part documentary by Sarah Ferguson and director Nial Fulton it is mind boggling that he got off.
Intro about it.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/about/b...n-and-child-abuse-in-catholic-church/11985042

Last edited:

alexg123

When clergymen of certain religions are not allowed to marry a person of the opposite sex then it looks like open season on young innocent children all over the world and young priests in the case of Cardinal Keith O'Brien . I remember one elderly lady on the evening tv news saying " Why can't they leave the poor man alone , he is a good man " You really have to wonder how people can be so easily brainwashed in they're Religious belief's ( R Cs in particular ) to believe all they are told by they're priests and not a word of sympathy for the victims :mad: I really despair for the victims of those servants of Satan .