Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Celtic Boys Club 100% carried out roles for Celtic FC like cleaning up the stadium, selling tickets, pitch clearing, functions etc etc
Spotlight has shown quite a few of these already.
There is absolutely no doubt that Celtic FC had control of Celtic Boys Club
So jakey Gerry could also call out Lawwells lie?

You know I actually wonder if the Celtic first team are totally disgusted with the Club denials and they downed tools for example we all know Lennon had contact with a serial pervert with the story of team mate being abused in a caravan normally he would have been quite animated on the sidelines at any onfield dismay but he just sat there totally non plussed and his parting shot for leaving was due to something he could not reveal a non disclosure clause perhaps for his silence severance agreement? Just a thought!

Good to see this beast back in the courts spotlight (pardon the pun),hopefully he ,the nameless one and any others connected get the sentences their crimes against humanity deserve.

Frank Lafferty pumped a lot of money into Cumbernauld Indoor Bowling club in the 1980s. I met him once when I was in my late teens. He wore a lot of gold rings I remember.

Frank Lafferty pumped a lot of money into Cumbernauld Indoor Bowling club in the 1980s. I met him once when I was in my late teens. He wore a lot of gold rings I remember.
There was a whiff of scandal about him back in 80’s. Did he not put flat roofs on the houses in Darnley? He was very close with the Labour council and got a lot of work from them. As this excerpt from The Herald states, this would be his downfall. Celtic seem very able to attract the most unsavoury of characters.

Mr Lafferty blamed the crash on cashflow problems, while analysts put

it down to the company's dependence on local authority contracts.

The company was built on Glasgow District Council's desire to

refurbish its housing stock. It carried out the renovation of the city's

oldest house, Provand's Lordship in 1981 and later won the contract to

clean the City Chambers' facade.

There was a whiff of scandal about him back in 80’s. Did he not put flat roofs on the houses in Darnley? He was very close with the Labour council and got a lot of work from them. As this excerpt from The Herald states, this would be his downfall. Celtic seem very able to attract the most unsavoury of characters.

Mr Lafferty blamed the crash on cashflow problems, while analysts put

it down to the company's dependence on local authority contracts.

The company was built on Glasgow District Council's desire to

refurbish its housing stock. It carried out the renovation of the city's

oldest house, Provand's Lordship in 1981 and later won the contract to

clean the City Chambers' facade.
IIRC the Provan's Lordship House renovation was carried out for 1p. as a favor to the council. Lafferty went bust owing creditors thousands of pounds.

IIRC the Provan's Lordship House renovation was carried out for 1p. as a favor to the council. Lafferty went bust owing creditors thousands of pounds.

IIRC he also put scafold around the city chambers and sand blasted it clean for £1.00.
Worked for his company around 1980 Drive Road Govan.
Lafferty and his 19th Century Terrorist pall McCoombe were worth the watching.

The founder of Celtic FC’s feeder club has been charged in connection with allegations of sexual abuse against a child.

Jim Torbett, 73, was given permission to launch and lead Celtic Boys Club by Jock Stein, the manager, and Sir Robert Kelly, the chairman in 1966. He was given dispensation to use Celtic’s name, crest and colours, as well as the club’s Barrowfield training ground.

Torbett, a businessman, left the boy’s club in 1974 but returned in 1978 and was involved until 1996.

The Times understands that the charges relate to the alleged sexual abuse of a teenage boy in the late 1960s.

A Police Scotland spokesman said: “We can confirm that a 73-year-old man has been charged in connection with non-recent sexual offences on Tuesday, 11 May, 2021. A report will be submitted to the procurator fiscal.”

In 1986 Torbett wrote an article to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the boy’s club that said: “We gave ourselves a high standard to live up by calling ourselves Celtic Boys Club and I am happy to reflect that throughout our years in football and on our travels throughout the world we have done our utmost to merit that great name. Helping boys to enjoy life is our object.”

In the same year, Celtic FC opened an investigation after media reports raised concerns about the welfare of young players. It cleared Torbett and other coaches, describing the claims as “scurrilous”.

Torbett ran Celtic FC’s chain of club shops in the early 1990s and organised testimonial events for first team players and coaches, including Tommy Burns and Sean Fallon. His company, The Trophy Centre, had a lucrative long-term contract with the club, reported to be worth £250,000 a year.

Kevin Kelly, who was chairman of Celtic FC from 1991 to 1994, was also a director of The Trophy Centre from 1989 to 2005. Press reports from the 1990s said that Torbett had his own seat in the Parkhead directors’ box, and an ambitions to join the board.

Another former boys’ club coach will stand trial in July for allegedly indecently assaulting a teenager at Celtic Park, and another boy at Barrowfield training ground.

Frank Cairney, 85, is also charged with indecently assaulting a third boy at a hotel room in Aviemore and in a car in Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire, between August 1, 1988 and June 30, 1989.

Cairney, from Uddingston in South Lanarkshire, who denies the charges, served as general manager of Celtic Boys Club from 1974 until 1991.

Last year Thompsons Solicitors, which represents 25 people who claim they were molested at the boys’ club over three decades, lodged papers on behalf of one survivor who is seeking damages from Celtic FC. The test case is expected to be heard at the Court of Session later this year.

Celtic FC strongly contests the claims, insisting that the boys’ club was an entirely separate entity with which it had “historic connections”.

IIRC he also put scafold around the city chambers and sand blasted it clean for £1.00.
And his enforcer! Terry Feeley I think his name was' I worked with him as well' done a job that Bobby Shearer was in charge of got on well with him good guy.

I hope this is the start of things cranking up against the abusers and the institutions and privileged people who are protecting them and their own self interests.
Agree but there a lot of media people and legal people who appear to have contributed to the cover up . We as a country need to register our disgust the same way surprisingly the ROI have re priest abuse. I suspect with CBC there is a connection between football club media and the church of Rome

Agree but there a lot of media people and legal people who appear to have contributed to the cover up . We as a country need to register our disgust the same way surprisingly the ROI have re priest abuse. I suspect with CBC there is a connection between football club media and the church of Rome
Mate I speak from experience. There are politicians of all parties sitting on their hands not prepared to do anything. I’m up for another round and will keep spotlight posted with any up dates. Liam Kerr is in my sights.

It looks like he renovated the Celtic Boys Club changing rooms (yes they had their own) at Barrowfield for free.
He also pumped thousands and thousands of pounds into Celtic Boys Club

Celtic FC strongly contests the claims, insisting that the boys’ club was an entirely separate entity with which it had “historic connections”.

I think that particular pile of shite has been completely debunked...why are the press still running with this blatant lie?
There needs to be a story on this lie.
It’s been shown many times to be bullshit.
One of the Celtic statements said they didn’t know about the abuse until the mid 90s but we know that they knew in 74 though Jock Stein and they knew in 86 through Hugh Birt.
Spotlight has also shown that Torbett worked for Celtic running their shops.

Back