Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Kim Leslie would do a better job than Thomsons IMO representing the class action against CFC

Thomsons have been very slow to get the civil case heard and I have a nagging concern about their lack of action and Patrick McGuire in particular doesn’t seem to have a nasty streak to get them into court

Kim Leslie has already won compensation for a victim in Edinburgh who was abused by a CFC/CBC employee

After today’s compensation award of nearly £1.5m Bheast FC would be in bother if a judge awarded similar compensation

Given CFC and their stance re a “separate entity” which must be torture for the abuse victims and their families

I believe this stance should ensure a similar compensation award for each of the class act victims given the history and the re appointments of a known paedo and the directors enabling 50 years of abuse and covering up the abuse

Scandalous that the evil bastards tried to have the case dismissed because one of the abusers had died, Thankfully the Sheriff wouldn’t connive with their shameful plan. Christian Brothers? The irony.

The Christian Brothers sect, which ran St Ninian's at the time of the abuse, tried to have the civil action thrown out as the death of Brother Ryan meant they could not investigate AB's allegations.
But Sheriff Christopher Dickson dismissed this argument and ordered the Christian Brothers to pay £1.39m in damages in recognition of the lifelong impact on AB, including on his ability to work.
I’ve always thought this was what Celtic’s lawyers were, are, up to.
Drag it and drag it, and hopefully those who enabled the enablers won’t see court.

Just watch the outbursts of outrage and faux concern from those who have remained silent when the truth comes out and CFC is shown as a rancid organisation who habitually employed,re-employed and even hired an already convicted paedophile! and the lengths and depths they have stooped to in an attempt to avoid any responsibility.

Spotlight won’t go public with the apologists that have approached us in the past. Some of them also on here pretending to be something else. We know exactly who they are, and that includes within the press.
In the coming weeks you will see some more movements reference the press in Scotland. Not all of them are apologists but we’re well aware of the ones who are.
Some journalists have also asked to do something on Spotlight. In each case we have declined and will continue to do so. The simple reason is Spotlight are not the story.
Bravo BN94, exactly this.

P.S. as a subplot I'm sure certain 'journalists' would love to get Spotlight contributors 'outed' into the public domain and hounded by the hordes.

How many civil cases are pending? How many are involved in the class action?

Will many of the abuse survivors look at the Kim Leslie work and potentially move their cases over to her or would she and her firm work with Thompsons lawyers to ensure justice is served and similar payouts are achieved for each victim?

Was he close to the club?
Yes
Was he close friends with some figures within Celtic?
Yes

The mere fact that keevins has gone full omerta on even having a rational discussion on the subject and going as far as to threaten his resignation from radio clyde if its even brought up suggests he knows more.

What he does know the old rodent will take to his grave im afraid.
Hoprfully very soon bb.

I’ve always thought this was what Celtic’s lawyers were, are, up to.
Drag it and drag it, and hopefully those who enabled the enablers won’t see court.
seems obvious they are hoping the culprits will all be dead before it gets to court, and not a word from Krankie!

Thomson’s must really be wondering what their team of “top” lawyers is doing when Kim Leslie has already managed a massive payout and their team have achieved the sum total of %^*& all
Spot on. If I were a relative or close friend of a victim I would be heaping pressure on Thomson’s, pointing towards the success of Kim Leslie/Digby and asking them if poor victims would be better switching solicitor.

Spot on. If I were a relative or close friend of a victim I would be heaping pressure on Thomson’s, pointing towards the success of Kim Leslie/Digby and asking them if poor victims would be better switching solicitor.

Its a complicated situation, as you probably know there are criminal cases relating to this be dealt with first before class action can proceed.

Patience

It’s rather difficult sat here biting my tongue on some of the comments towards solicitors.
These cases are very complex and will take time. May I also remind posters that certain survivors are being represented by Thompsons, and some of this isn’t good reading for them.
Take it from me as I’ve spoke to a few of them.
To put it another way.. If you don’t know the details of the cases then it would be wise not to guess.
When things go quiet it doesn’t mean nothing is happening.
I’m not looking to get into any argument with any posters, but please just be careful with the posts. Obviously the forum is about opinion. We get that, but we know the facts.

I'll try to put this as carefully and respectfully as as I can, but if you were a relative or close friend and you expect quick outcomes you might just have incorrect expectations.

Ideal world it all goes quickly but as we know too well it's not.

Hopefully I've not put this across poorly.

I'll try to put this as carefully and respectfully as as I can, but if you were a relative or close friend and you expect quick outcomes you might just have incorrect expectations.

Ideal world it all goes quickly but as we know too well it's not.

Hopefully I've not put this across poorly.
This in a nutshell my daughter and grandson are involved in a police prosecution v a hospital trust as witness she cannot take action v trust until that is settled it has been going on since 2013. Daughter upset as a panorama special on the case is on BBC next week much to the annoyance of Police CPS and others. These cases will possibly take 3-4 years to complete although so much now proven regarding the actions of CFC and others I would hope not. It is a CFC scandal not CBC

This statement by Lord Ross was an absolute disgrace & an insult to the survivors.

How many people involved in this attempted suicide, some successfully, and how many others died by other means at a very unnatural age ?
It's an insult to the justice system.

On the basis he thinks the victims are in a good place now he's going to more or less acquit the guilty? He should have been struck off for that.

This statement by Lord Ross was an absolute disgrace & an insult to the survivors.

How many people involved in this attempted suicide, some successfully, and how many others died by other means at a very unnatural age ?
100% Grigio I often wonder if I could have coped with the double trauma of being abused and then being hung out to dry by the judiciary.

How on earth wasn’t that judgement reviewed on the basis of being unjust/unsafe?

First thoughts go to the victims - then can’t help but wonder who he was trying to protect and. rightly or wrongly, did he have any involvement?

How on earth wasn’t that judgement reviewed on the basis of being unjust/unsafe?

First thoughts go to the victims - then can’t help but wonder who he was trying to protect and. rightly or wrongly, did he have any involvement?

That’s where peoples minds go to Taffyblue - What does this guy do in his spare time ?

It just really annoyed me that comment mate.

Put my house on Lord Ross being very familiar with the workings of the defendants
An extract from his Wiki page.
"in 1997-2001 was Chairman of the Judicial Studies Committee for Scotland. He became a Privy Counsellor in 1985 and was elected fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh in 1988, where he was Vice-President from 1999 until 2002. He is currently the Honorary President of The Dundee High School Old Boys' Club.

He sentenced paedophile Bill Kelly, who pleaded guilty to 14 charges of indecent sexual assault on children, to a custodial sentence of 12 months as he deemed the victims to "not have suffered long term damage?
Fuking rat.

Kim Leslie would do a better job than Thomsons IMO representing the class action against CFC

Thomsons have been very slow to get the civil case heard and I have a nagging concern about their lack of action and Patrick McGuire in particular doesn’t seem to have a nasty streak to get them into court

Kim Leslie has already won compensation for a victim in Edinburgh who was abused by a CFC/CBC employee

After today’s compensation award of nearly £1.5m Bheast FC would be in bother if a judge awarded similar compensation

Given CFC and their stance re a “separate entity” which must be torture for the abuse victims and their families

I believe this stance should ensure a similar compensation award for each of the class act victims given the history and the re appointments of a known paedo and the directors enabling 50 years of abuse and covering up the abuse

I totally agree. That payout yesterday set the standard and it would have sent more than a ripple of fear through their boardroom.

Spotlight won’t go public with the apologists that have approached us in the past. Some of them also on here pretending to be something else. We know exactly who they are, and that includes within the press.
In the coming weeks you will see some more movements reference the press in Scotland. Not all of them are apologists but we’re well aware of the ones who are.
Some journalists have also asked to do something on Spotlight. In each case we have declined and will continue to do so. The simple reason is Spotlight are not the story.
Brilliant reply.
Not only that but there is no way you guys could trust these parasites.
Especially that they’ve shown not a lot of interest in the actual story.
Well done to you and the rest of the team.

That would be brilliant for the victims, first and foremost.
That the scum could be “nailed to the floor” if this happens would be a glorious bonus.

I totally agree. That payout yesterday set the standard and it would have sent more than a ripple of fear through their boardroom.
Not only the payout but the dismissal of the death on one of the perpetrators.

Undoubtedly Shame FC have been spinning this out in the hope that former coaches and board members croak it but that does not seem to have any bearing now. Probably the same for "not remembering" (but being able to vividly remember trophy wins).

The attitude of Scotland’s judiciary has been shocking Rob.

The Celtic sentences have worked out close to an average jail term of 6 months or so per individual conviction.

These guys maybe spend 3 or 4 months of that in jail.
Call me shocked. Not. Shocking sentences. Makes me think there are sinister forces at work. All part of the same group or ring.

Beyond belief the vow of silence taken, regarding the scale of the Celtic abuse scandal. The refusal to engage in dialogue with authority, carry on regardless.
MSP's, media/press ,what is being witnessed here and now in Scotland 2022 is absolutely abhorrent.
Total whitewash, token gestures and internal investigations ? someone somewhere within this organisation past or present, do the right thing, the victims have suffered enough.

It's not a game mate. It's a serious situation when the guilty have effected so many young guys lives in such a terrible fashion. Don't think of it as a pissing-on exercise like who's team's won more cups or leagues.

If they can't accept the plain facts of the situation dont 'debate" it with them.
As previously stated, they ALL KNOW the truth of it.
Yeah mate I totally agree it's not a game & I apologise if I am coming across that way .

Beyond belief the vow of silence taken, regarding the scale of the Celtic abuse scandal. The refusal to engage in dialogue with authority, carry on regardless.
MSP's, media/press ,what is being witnessed here and now in Scotland 2022 is absolutely abhorrent.
Total whitewash, token gestures and internal investigations ? someone somewhere within this organisation past or present, do the right thing, the victims have suffered enough.
Protecting the “good name of the club” is more important than the children that pulled on their colours.
Well after this issue that “good name” will be tarnished forever.

I honestly believe that McCafferty was on the verge of telling all as he walked into that Belfast police station, whatever happened after he crossed that threshold is anyone's guess.

Back