Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

History will define this scandal and its magnitude as an unimaginable disaster. Unprecedented numbers of abuse and molestation at one club .
When the full scale and timelines is exposed for the world to see, a very large number of people, organisations, media will wish they had acted very differently.
A full independent inquiry into how this could unfold is long overdue.
And eventually perhaps many more victims may well come forward if they see success for the victims who are claiming through the lawyers and God knows how many victims still have to come forward .

I like listening to the James English podcasts and two that I've listened to recently have been the Wolfpack hunters and Jon Wedger (whistle blower cop) and it is really disturbing what they are talking about.

There is a serious problem of institutionalised paedophilia where those who speak out against it seem to always face a pushback from those in higher parts of the societal hierarchy. It got me wondering if @BN94 and the rest of the team have had the same experience?

It also made me think that these same people are protecting those at Celtic park because it leads back to those high regarded people.

Wolfpack Hunters:

Jon Wedger:

I was about to post with the same thoughts.

Pressure must be brought to bear here regarding this scandal,the perpetrators,the enablers and the disgusting cover up of the mollestation of hundreds of children and the FM and her motley crew outrageously blocking victims and victims families for asking simple questions?

Ive seen a small snippet in the media regarding Helene Grays twitter blocking by Sturgeon and the usual "asked for comment" at the end.

Has no one in opposition the backbone to do whats right and call out this hypocrisy and start demanding answers and action?
They would be immediately called a bigot trying to score points against a certain club and lose all credibility in the eyes of the media. That and the fact most politicians in Scotland seem to be orcs. We really did drop the ball about 20 years ago. Imagine being in your 40s or 50s now after having lived with the pain then opening up only to realise your being silenced by the very people you should count on. Scotland really has gone rotten.

There is an article on the Daily Record page where Postecoglu is having his say on Raith Rovers signing David Goodwillie.

He basically says he know how important it is to uphold the good name of Celtic.

This is how comfortable these c*nts feel in the current climate.

Passing judgement on other football clubs....unbelievable.

Wow, wow, and double wow!!

They have literally zero shame whatsoever. :mad:

There is an article on the Daily Record page where Postecoglu is having his say on Raith Rovers signing David Goodwillie.

He basically says he know how important it is to uphold the good name of Celtic.

What has it got to do with him? He's not been in Scottish football long, has never met Goodwillie, or probably knows the story. Insidious how they think anyone connected to that club is thought of as morally superior, while covering up the most disgusting and vile crimes committed at their club.

Well hypocrites, your judgement day is coming.

I contacted an MSP about why the government was so quick to condemn Raith Rovers and yet say nothing about the events at Parkhead over many years. I asked why the government set up a child abuse enquiry and specifically omitted sports organisations and religious groups. I got a reply which said nothing. He even wrote "I'm afraid I have no knowledge of how this enquiry was set up". Beggars belief.

That fat slob is manager of one of the biggest institutionalised paedophile rings the world has ever seen. Absolutely disgusting the crimes of the club he manages. Really is quite shameful that the fat slug can comment on other clubs whilst portraying the “good name of celtic” myth. Another manager took that stance and hundreds of children's lives were ruined because of it.

The manager must" uphold the good name of celtic" . Why does no other football club in world football feel that they need to have their manager upholding their good name? We obviously know the answer to that.

I contacted an MSP about why the government was so quick to condemn Raith Rovers and yet say nothing about the events at Parkhead over many years. I asked why the government set up a child abuse enquiry and specifically omitted sports organisations and religious groups. I got a reply which said nothing. He even wrote "I'm afraid I have no knowledge of how this enquiry was set up". Beggars belief.
I fear the victims will never get justice. The government, media and celtic fc seem to be doing everything they possibly can to avoid any repercussions for the people responsible for the abuse. We have celtic coaches, scouts and now celtic players being outed for child abuse yet in this country it seems everything is being done to keep these people from facing jail. Look at the outrage at Goodwillie yet “poor Griff” seems to be getting a free ride. Will never forget to the day I die the article in the Daily Record by known celtic supporting bigot Jane Hamilton blaming the 15 year old girl for Leigh Griffiths asking her for naked photographs. We have a 31 year old man father of 5 asking a child for photographs and she was to blame. Not to mention the headline saying ‘flirty messages’ and showing him in Scotland kit even though played for celtic. Or Chris McLaughlin penning an article for the BBC about historical child abuse in Scottish football and never named celtic but managed to name us, Hibs and Partick Thistle. Government and media are nothing but enablers and goes to show what Nicola Sturgeon is all about by blocking victims parents on Twitter - disgusting little witch! The scum really have the everything sewn up in this county - only way for justice would be for these celtic employees or ex employees to be prosecuted out with Scotland.

They've gotten away with their crimes for over half a century so they'll know they're well protected, they are however very likely to have a spectacular fall from grace once this story breaks.

I fear the victims will never get justice. The government, media and celtic fc seem to be doing everything they possibly can to avoid any repercussions for the people responsible for the abuse. We have celtic coaches, scouts and now celtic players being outed for child abuse yet in this country it seems everything is being done to keep these people from facing jail. Look at the outrage at Goodwillie yet “poor Griff” seems to be getting a free ride. Will never forget to the day I die the article in the Daily Record by known celtic supporting bigot Jane Hamilton blaming the 15 year old girl for Leigh Griffiths asking her for naked photographs. We have a 31 year old man father of 5 asking a child for photographs and she was to blame. Not to mention the headline saying ‘flirty messages’ and showing him in Scotland kit even though played for celtic. Or Chris McLaughlin penning an article for the BBC about historical child abuse in Scottish football and never named celtic but managed to name us, Hibs and Partick Thistle. Government and media are nothing but enablers and goes to show what Nicola Sturgeon is all about by blocking victims parents on Twitter - disgusting little witch! The scum really have the everything sewn up in this county - only way for justice would be for these celtic employees or ex employees to be prosecuted out with Scotland.
They really don't need to read that negativity on here. Just let the law run its course and then we'll see where we are.

I wish I could give a full reply to this but unfortunately at this moment we can’t.
Please believe that a lot is happening behind the scenes.

And eventually perhaps many more victims may well come forward if they see success for the victims who are claiming through the lawyers and God knows how many victims still have to come forward .
One the money starts flowing and the abused are seen as victims rather than what they’re being treated as at the moment. The money isn’t the main thing in these poor guys minds but when the guilt party have to pay out for being guilty then the weight these Guy’s have been carrying lifts away taking any guilt sometimes even their own families put on them disappear

Hopefully Thomsons get the civil case heard asap and secure a verdict that proves once and for all CFC employees facilitated and enabled a paedo ring at their football club

The delay for victims must be tough and I hope they get significant compensation and a public apology from CFC

The scale of the abuse should really see major sponsors withdrawing support

Zouma and Geeenwood have seen what happens with negative press and the worldwide media need to highlight this child abuse scandal as the worst in history

The SNP Govt and vast majority of SMSM should be held to account for their part in this cover up and refusal to support the 100’s of victims

I hope the new evidence that Grigio is alluding to nails some of these bastards once and for all and the reputation of that vile club is in tatters

The bastards will be using every dirty trick in the book to delay the civil case and keep the truth from being published

They will be using the RC Church to try and limit their exposure but if the victims win the civil case and get compensation the mhedia up here will do everything to keep the negativity to a minimum

I see the scum announced pre-tax profits of circa £26 Million hopefully that should be decimated in the payout to help ease the victim/survivors nightmare.
In fact the cynic in me sees the help and assistance they have had from compliant match officials in their games (and ours), will help them to win the league to a) Ensure cinch ribbons are on the League trophy and the photographs and b) To top up the millyuns in the bank by access to the Champions League.
Hope I am wrong though or this country really is a Potato Republic.

Still no response to emails sent to sponsors over last few days, much as I expected, will keep at them, when the dam bursts, and it will, let the fckers squirm and claim they weren't aware.
Well Done Pal, Adidas couldn't wait to get rid of their contract with that boy Zouma was it from West Ham but will gladly still sponsor a football club who are about to get dragged through the courts.
I suppose with them Money counts more than Morals

The whole celtic "good name" thing by fat ange

Has he had this rammed into him from day one?

Seems strange for a relatively new manger to be using such historic language?

The hypocrisy is astounding it really is. Is this the same Ange who continued to play Griffiths despite clear evidence he solicited naked pictures of an underage girl?

I think he even said that it was up to Griffiths to prove he was sorry by playing better. What?!! You can now freely ask for nude photos of children if you can play football good?

The hypocrisy is astounding it really is. Is this the same Ange who continued to play Griffiths despite clear evidence he solicited naked pictures of an underage girl?

I think he even said that it was up to Griffiths to prove he was sorry by playing better. What?!! You can now freely ask for nude photos of children if you can play football good?

Its the "good name" protection mantra ....a mantra oft repeated that has lingered in that club since the days of Stein.

Clearly someone is pulling fat anges strings

I still long for the day we get McGinn and Kelly in front of an independent inquiry, to say that they can't remember no doubt. I would also want to see McCann, Dempsey, White and Grant in front of an inquiry. The current board can recite the "separate entity" mantra all they want, but the links between the direct employees of that club ( scout, kit man, photographer) should really be sufficient to demonstrate the duty of care and the breach of that duty.

On a separate note given the view taken by court authorities in other jurisdictions about the status of an NDA in an assault case I just wonder whether there might be a victim out there willing to go on record where a parent signed the NDA because of the age of the victim?

I still long for the day we get McGinn and Kelly in front of an independent inquiry, to say that they can't remember no doubt. I would also want to see McCann, Dempsey, White and Grant in front of an inquiry. The current board can recite the "separate entity" mantra all they want, but the links between the direct employees of that club ( scout, kit man, photographer) should really be sufficient to demonstrate the duty of care and the breach of that duty.

On a separate note given the view taken by court authorities in other jurisdictions about the status of an NDA in an assault case I just wonder whether there might be a victim out there willing to go on record where a parent signed the NDA because of the age of the victim?
Just who would the parent have signed an NDA with that could possibly be enforced?

Celtic boys club no longer exists, so not them.
Celtic FC, would be admitting not a separate entity if it was them and flood gates busted.

NDAs could be a smoking gun they don’t want to progress any action against if broken.

Well our First Monster at Holyrood has a very poor memory too and she is at least 30 years younger.
Could we crows fund to pay Cellic back their money to allow a victim to give evidence?

In reply to cyl1690. My reply button doesn't seem to be working

Well, you managed to pick up on all the negatives. You missed all the work done by spotlight, our lads on here, the pending court cases, the court case already won by Digby Brown, the peados that have already been charged and the ones awaiting trial.
There's also the fact that it keeps getting stated on here that there's more to come and there are journalists on our side who are ready to go to print when the time is right.

You seem to have missed a lot. What would you call it if not convenient?

We don't need your negativity. 50 years to get to this point and you just ignore all the work that has gone on.

This is my last reply as the thread doesn't need clogged up with this shite.
I didn't realise that we have journalists that are ready to go to print when the time is right I thought they had all been bought in this country but obviously the guys in the spotlight team know what's right & how to progress this for the best possible outcome for the victims, keep up the good work .

To be fair a large amount of the filth support don't know about the cbc scandal they think it's us trolling them the younger one's am speaking about they are told it's the H--s talking sh-- e they have covered it up so well over the years barely mentioned in the media circles . Has the filth got anything legal done so this can't be reported , when another one of them go to court it's always a football coach with us Neely & Dunn where mentioned as A coach & scout at Ranger's.

I’ve seen a few, let’s say disagreements on this thread recently.
Now of course we have certain apologist journalists here and the usual lurkers.
We also have genuine posters that have joined the thread that haven’t seen previous posts. It’s a massive thread so genuine questions will be asked.
The point I’m trying to make is let’s keep it on the subject of the thread and take personal differences elsewhere. Use the report button for the obvious apologist’s. Don’t engage would be my advice.
We’re touching a nerve.

Back