Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

How about we just focus on the victims and getting them justice

That's the only thing that matters

All other talk is exactly the 'point scoring' ammunition that the media will refer to

Yes the media will Mr B.

But when I look at a CBC picture & it has 5 coaches faces greened out, it shows the magnitude of Celtic’s behaviour.

Let’s be honest, there’s no way you will see that anywhere in the world, not just in Scotland.

How about we just focus on the victims and getting them justice

That's the only thing that matters

All other talk is exactly the 'point scoring' ammunition that the media will refer to
Some of us can focus on a few things. Them getting points deductions would bring this all to the fore as the MSM couldn't then lie about what the points deduction is for.

They managed to spin that we didn't want to go to Oz because we felt we were playing second fiddle to fat Ange,

Try and think about what's being said without point scoring about how righteous you are.

Some of us can focus on a few things. Them getting points deductions would bring this all to the fore as the MSM couldn't then lie about what the points deduction is for.

They managed to spin that we didn't want to go to Oz because we felt we were playing second fiddle to fat Ange,

Try and think about what's being said without point scoring about how righteous you are.

You don't know me

You don't know my life

You don't know my line of work

You don't know the people I work with on a daily basis

Justice for the victims is all I want.

Each time I check this thread it is to see if the victims are closer to getting justice, closure and being able to begin the process of healing

I fear some people ONLY check this thread to see how the club itself will be punished

Let's not derail this thread into a tit for tat on each other

I just want to see the right outcome for the victims, that's what this is all about

You don't know me

You don't know my life

Each time I check this thread it is to see if the victims are closer to getting justice, closure and being able to begin the process of healing

I fear some people ONLY check this thread to see how the club itself will be punished

I just want to see the right outcome for the victims, that's what this is all about
I don't get your point about knowing you but I agree we all want the same thing.

Justice for the victims is absolutely paramount and the most important thing in all of this. But there's nothing wrong with wanting Celtic to suffer as a football club because of the way they've behaved for the last 50 odd years. That's not point scoring.
There is an offence in Football of “Bringing the game into disrepute “.

I’d suggest the decades long, continuing, systematic cover up of Child Abuse by Directors, Management and Officials at one member club should be enough for the Football Authorities to investigate.

Dealing with the Criminal action sits with Police Scotland and the Procurator.

Dealing with recompense for injuries and harm suffered by the victims sits with the Courts.

Dealing with a clear and lasting breach of the Articles of Association by a member Club, as there appears to have been here, surely sits with the Scottish Football Association.

The Victims deserve justice, that is without doubt and hopefully it is coming down the track.

Some, or all of the Victims might decide to settle “out of Court”, but if it is accepted that these acts took place then for the integrity of Football the S.F.A.must act in accordance with its own rules.

I’d suggest the decades long, continuing, systematic cover up of Child Abuse by Directors, Management and Officials at one member club should be enough for the Football Authorities to investigate.

Dealing with recompense for injuries and harm suffered by the victims sits with the Courts.

Dealing with a clear and lasting breach of the Articles of Association by a member Club, as there appears to have been here, surely sits with the Scottish Football Association.

The Victims deserve justice, that is without doubt and hopefully it is coming down the track.

Some, or all of the Victims might decide to settle “out of Court”, but if it is accepted that these acts took place then for the integrity of Football the S.F.A.must act in accordance with its own rules.
Of course you are correct. Lawwell placed Regan, then Maxwell into their SFA position and Doncaster into his SPFL position thus allowing Scottish football to drag its heels to assist Celtic.

I want to see these three testify in front of an independent inquiry. Following that police action hopefully.

A chilling likeness for me. Kelly is most definitely one of them imo.

gn18.png

At what stage did we get hit with points deductions for the Whyte tax sketch?

Shouldn't the same be happening to the scum?
I recently started a couple of threads similar to this asking when do we start discussing their sanctions, expulsion from the professional leagues. They were chopped very swiftly for some reason?

If that mobs crimes and cover ups don’t bring the game into disrepute I don’t know what does.

I recently started a couple of threads similar to this asking when do we start discussing their sanctions, expulsion from the professional leagues. They were chopped very swiftly for some reason?
I think they're simply a conversation for after victims have their justice. Conversations of what that club deserves tend to drown out what the victims deserve. It's not that it isn't an important conversation it's just a lot less important than the immediate situation.

Just watched Disclosure on BBC Scotland about a music teacher who abused for decades.

Absolutely sickening and a slur on this wee country.

To think what happened at that club maybe multiplied by whatever sickens me to the pit of my stomach and I include every club who employed these beast scum.:mad:
I was at school with that can’t and him and his brother used to look down their noses at everyone else thinking that they were the bee’s knee’s because they’re dad had a chip shop, I’m sure many of the Catholic boys and girls who also went to Preston Lodge would agree that they thought they were better than them.

If that mobs crimes and cover ups don’t bring the game into disrepute I don’t know what does.
The victims getting justice is paramount but the SFA inquiry found instances where a football club protected its standing in a game when made aware of children being sexually abused. No way should this football club be allowed to have this bastardised standing uncorrected.

The victims getting justice is paramount but the SFA inquiry found instances where a football club protected its standing in a game when made aware of children being sexually abused. No way should this football club be allowed to have this bastardised standing uncorrected.
I 100% agree that justice for victims is paramount, I can’t help but think if the situation was reversed that mob would be front and centre in getting the wheels in motion to orchestrate our sanctions/ expulsion running in parallel should we lose our civil court case.
They have obfuscated the path to justice for decades and show no sign of changing their stance even though it turns out they’ve lost the documentation they were basing their pathetic “separate entity” defence on. This is not the time for dignified silence, they need to be dragged kicking and screaming to finally face the music both by the courts and by “professional” bodies running the game in Scotland,
A full public inquiry into this utter abomination is needed immediately, this whole disgusting episode not only brings the game into disrepute but also drags this countries social, judicial and political establishment into disrepute as well.

I 100% agree that justice for victims is paramount, I can’t help but think if the situation was reversed that mob would be front and centre in getting the wheels in motion to orchestrate our sanctions/ expulsion running in parallel should we lose our civil court case.
They have obfuscated the path to justice for decades and show no sign of changing their stance even though it turns out they’ve lost the documentation they were basing their pathetic “separate entity” defence on. This is not the time for dignified silence, they need to be dragged kicking and screaming to finally face the music both by the courts and by “professional” bodies running the game in Scotland,
A full public inquiry into this utter abomination is needed immediately, this whole disgusting episode not only brings the game into disrepute but also drags this countries social, judicial and political establishment into disrepute as well.
The SFA is meant to be their authorities. They are allowing them to drag this out by refusing to hold their club to account. They had written in their previous rules that they would take legal action if a club turned a blind eye to child abuse, them and their media don’t want to acknowledge this.

I'm sure the powers that be will find some way of getting them off with it. Historic crimes, other teams involved ignoring the fact they have tried to cover everything up and that they also re-employed some of the perps after they were found guilty of child abuse.

Getting the scums money ring fenced should be a priority. I know the SFA won't do it but Thompsons should have asked the judge to do this the minute they were granted the go ahead with the class action law suit.

The SFA is meant to be their authorities. They are allowing them to drag this out by refusing to hold their club to account. They had written in their previous rules that they would take legal action if a club turned a blind eye to child abuse, them and their media don’t want to acknowledge this.
We/Rangers should be pushing for this.

In that article its starts of by stating Malley was accused of abusing only one young boy but further down the story another boy gives his account of how it effected him what is it one or more survivors the two reporters should right there story better .Imo Malley like the rest had multiple victims and abusing is not the word i would be using molesting, raping, grooming,are some of the words should be used .Malley you lady's front bottom rest in hell .

Spotlight have found plenty of evidence to debunk the 'separate entity' idea but Celtic lawyer's start the defence by claiming there's a document but we can't find it. Great way to start your case in court by lying to the court about a document that never existed. From cradle to grave.

I'm pretty sure I know why.
I'm not sure why every paper story ends by repeating the separate entity lie.

There's no need for it and it just gives the lie credence it doesn't deserve.
Although it is somewhat unpalatable, as a former newspaper man years ago, to be fair to them in this instance, if they did not put in what they know is the basis of the scum’s defence then they could be subject to legal proceedings.
You have an obligation in journalism, don’t laugh at the back, to be ‘balanced’.
I have a little doubt that if they did not print the ‘separate entity’ nonsense somewhere in the story about the claims of victims, then the scum’s lawyers would be all over them.
In addition, they could also risk. albeit a small one, being subject of action from the PF on the basis that the omission could prejudice forthcoming legal proceedings

Although it is somewhat unpalatable, as a former newspaper man years ago, to be fair to them in this instance, if they did not put in what they know is the basis of the scum’s defence then they could be subject to legal proceedings.
You have an obligation in journalism, don’t laugh at the back, to be ‘balanced’.
I have a little doubt that if they did not print the ‘separate entity’ nonsense somewhere in the story about the claims of victims, then the scum’s lawyers would be all over them.
In addition, they could also risk. albeit a small one, being subject of action from the PF on the basis that the omission could prejudice forthcoming legal proceedings
Thanks for explaining the reasoning based on your career experience.

Absolutely disgusts me as the media frequently do not air at all both sides of an argument, so the fact they feel the need to add this lie - which everyone knows is a lie - in to every story about the Celtic paedophilia ring, is really disgusting to me.

If the papers routinely did this sort of thing in any story, fair enough. It would be standard practice. But they clearly do not. And there is enough evidence out in the public to show that the argument is a complete lie. So it shouldn’t be getting posted on just about every single Celtic paedophilia ring story.

Thanks for explaining the reasoning based on your career experience.

Absolutely disgusts me as the media frequently do not air at all both sides of an argument, so the fact they feel the need to add this lie - which everyone knows is a lie - in to every story about the Celtic paedophilia ring, is really disgusting to me.

If the papers routinely did this sort of thing in any story, fair enough. It would be standard practice. But they clearly do not. And there is enough evidence out in the public to show that the argument is a complete lie. So it shouldn’t be getting posted on just about every single Celtic paedophilia ring story.
You’re absolutely right about balance being an anathema in this age of electronic media.
However, we know who runs these newspapers and I have no doubt that the instructions will have come from on high.
But as I said, I also know that the scum’s lawyers would be all over it at the first opportunity.
They would be screaming they could not get a fair trial if their defence was omitted from any newspaper story.
Ironically, there is actually a risk that they could escape justice on a technicality if newspapers did not publish their defence!

I agree with much of what has been posted on here and my own experience is documented elsewhere on these pages. Whatever our own agendas are they are best set aside for now. Let the court cases take place and then react accordingly. My own position is that I work with survivors of child abuse, albeit voluntarily since I retired, so people will always be my priority.
However, the perpetrators, the enablers, indeed anyone who has turned a blind eye to this scandal for over half a century must be brought to justice. I include the club, the football associations, the media and of course the Scottish administration. If that lot can’t show some courage then we go higher. The media from outside this country, UEFA, the UK government just to name a few. 50 years is a long time to be getting away with molesting children and for others to be permitting it. The victims and survivors have waited a long time for justice so let us do the same. Their time and place is coming, of that I have no doubt thanks to Spotlight and their supporters.

They have admitted they don't have the documents to prove they are a separate entity.

Who can they sue?

I agree with much of what has been posted on here and my own experience is documented elsewhere on these pages. Whatever our own agendas are they are best set aside for now. Let the court cases take place and then react accordingly. My own position is that I work with survivors of child abuse, albeit voluntarily since I retired, so people will always be my priority.
However, the perpetrators, the enablers, indeed anyone who has turned a blind eye to this scandal for over half a century must be brought to justice. I include the club, the football associations, the media and of course the Scottish administration. If that lot can’t show some courage then we go higher. The media from outside this country, UEFA, the UK government just to name a few. 50 years is a long time to be getting away with molesting children and for others to be permitting it. The victims and survivors have waited a long time for justice so let us do the same. Their time and place is coming, of that I have no doubt thanks to Spotlight and their supporters.
Fully agree bud, and once that Club gets found guilty and the victims get the justice they want/ deserve so much , let us see the groundswell from the rest of Scottish football - the fans who wanted us gone for non payment of tax just ask them which would you find more abhorent, not paying tax or the systematic rape of children and subsequent cover up for decades?
Let us see the hypocracy of this country in its condemnation will they go bleating to their Club Chairmen advising no season ticket renewals buying merchandise, or even turning up on match day unless SEVERE sanctions are brought against the bheasts for their decades of inaction, the Lowland League would be too good for that scum.

You don't know me

You don't know my life

You would need to be very very naive indeed to believe everyone following this thread's only objective was to see justice for the victims.

Yes of course that should absolutely be priority number one. That should never change, however c****c are such a rancid organisation who to this day continue to display a plethora of reprehensible traits. That I'm afraid, is something many people just cannot stomach. Rightly or wrongly people want them punished and by any means necessary.

The vast majority of right minded people on here know the difference between right and wrong. Ironically that's what seperates us from the animals from the east end. Let the courts do their job, let justice prevail first and foremost. If fate deals with c****c by way of repercussions there will be a multitude of people who unsurprisingly will revel in their demise. Who could blame them.

Controlling the narrative is what they do best, getting on board every sympathiser ,apologist and charlatan that will listen .
Self policing sanctimonious claptrap, champions of victimhood, ambulance chasing masses.
The law, rules,regulations and procedures don't apply to them.
Just have an internal analysis/investigation, no case to answer?

It has been working for decades, no accountability, responsibility or consequence?
A law unto themselves.

Back