Celtic to be sued in the US over abuse(The Sun)

I have no reason to doubt the person who told me about that stuff, he is very heavily involved with some of the survivors families and survivors.

Not trying to play the big I am but I know people think things have gone quiet and just wanted people to know that a lot of stuff is happening in the background.
The lull before the storm so to speak.

Not good enough for me. I no longer recognise the filth as a football club. It's an organisation that's purpose, since its very conception, has been to serve at any given time, the religious intolerance, financial greed and/or sexual perversions of the prominent figures within it. It hides behind a football strip.

Nope, Div 3 would be a temporary slap on the wrists. They'd most likely work their way back up within a few years and without question continue to pollute Scottish society forevermore. Funded and enabled by their brainwashed and bigoted flock.

I want them disbanded.

I know this is never going to happen.
i agree with that I also want them disbanded what my main point is there should still be protests demanding the sfa take action they have sat back disgustingly doing %^*& all and it shouldn't be accepted

Is anybody able to explain the lenient sentences handed to those at CBC ( 4yr for Torbett 2nd jailing)?

It's a genuine question,on the NW news tonight a guy in Manchester just sentenced for the historical abuse of two boys at a team he coached in the 90's, received 13yrs.

Iirc the guy from Crewe received 10yr +

Are sentences for child Rape/abuse In Scotland just normally low?

I suppose what I’m getting at is if in previous years the payments were precise amounts, including down to the penny, and were nowhere near the £250k figure paid in lump sums subsequent to his conviction it would look a bit ‘odd’. Whether anything could actually be made of that revelation is a different thing though.

Not really. Add up all your domestic bills, spread over 6 or 7 suppliers then go to one supplier for everything. A single nice round figure is likely to be the outcome. Take our JJB deal as a perfect example.

The only real way of telling anything would be if they were clearly over-paying for the same income, if their profit margin decreased or if margin suddenly changed dramatically.

the only real mileage in it at all is looking at whether any contract should have been signed with the firm of a guy in jail for abusing kids while tied to that club.

Is anybody able to explain the lenient sentences handed to those at CBC ( 4yr for Torbett 2nd jailing)?

It's a genuine question,on the NW news tonight a guy in Manchester just sentenced for the historical abuse of two boys at a team he coached in the 90's, received 13yrs.

Fiends in high places.

This is my theory. He was told to stay away.

I know them and their mum (Mary) always said she didn't want them to sign for Celtic, but being honest I think that was more to do with the shite that comes from playing with the OF.

They are in serious trouble over this.There is now a substantial amount of cases pending against them and the Scottish lawyers involved have met with their American counterparts to discuss the way forward. Brady and Macari to name but two are already on the lawyers list of potential witnesses to the abuse. Furthermore the SFA are looking at the potential of charging Celt*c with bringing the game into disrepute as all and sundry at Parkhead knew what was going on and failed to protect the kids.

There are various films and news articles from the past which quite clearly state the boys club were an integral part of the set up at Parkhead.

The media and the politicians are very reluctant to make official comment on these cases as they don’t want to be seen to be putting live ongoing cases in jeopardy.

There is a juggernaut heading their way, and no amount of denial or deflection will stop it.
Could this be the real reason for the unexpected departure of the manager. Maybe he genuinely wants to distance himself.

The fiends in high places are just as culbable of adding to the abuse problem as the abusers and the enablers. Sickening when you think about it. 13 years in Manchester. 4 years in Scotland for offences that were ten fold.

Just checked it was 13yr 6mths for what looks like a guilty plea on one boy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ma...phen-turton-football-coach-abuse-15928786.amp

Makes the jail terms for those connected to Celtc even more jawdroppingly lenient.

If its proved that top brass at the SFA knew about it then would FIFA /UEFA not have to take over any enquiry into the case.WATP

Allegedly there are NDAs signed but Fergus, and other prominent people within cfc and the sfa just waiting to be printed. If this is true it makes you wonder who is furiously trying to stop it being reported. It would explain why a media man was installed at the top of the sfa. I wonder what else has been buried.
Corrupt to the core.

It will be interesting to see whether the SFA consider EBT's and side letters a more heinous crime than covering up child abuse.
The sfa have know for decades about the cult of child abusers and their willingness to look the other way tells you that they consider ETB's to be worse than a paedophile ring in Scottish football.
Their silence and non action makes them complicate in this heinous cover-up and as guilty as the perpetrators.

They are in serious trouble over this.There is now a substantial amount of cases pending against them and the Scottish lawyers involved have met with their American counterparts to discuss the way forward. Brady and Macari to name but two are already on the lawyers list of potential witnesses to the abuse. Furthermore the SFA are looking at the potential of charging Celt*c with bringing the game into disrepute as all and sundry at Parkhead knew what was going on and failed to protect the kids.

There are various films and news articles from the past which quite clearly state the boys club were an integral part of the set up at Parkhead.

The media and the politicians are very reluctant to make official comment on these cases as they don’t want to be seen to be putting live ongoing cases in jeopardy.

There is a juggernaut heading their way, and no amount of denial or deflection will stop it.
I really hope your right JS.

Robbie, CFC may face significant coverage issues, not least claim reporting conditions (late notice causing prejudice to insurers). But the 'cover up' post-dates the 'occurrence(s)' & won't vitiate cover alone.
Read on another forum they have not long changed their insurance company perhaps the old one new what was coming and refused to renew their PL policy.
Surely any new insurance company will only cover them from the date they took the policy on.
U seem to know about civil law how would that pan out mate??

They have known for years that this would eventually come back to bite them, their slow burn approach to slot people into positions of influence has been staggering look at these areas, media, political, legal, police, Uefa, SFA and don’t be surprised if they haven’t got people onside over the pond, detestable bastards.

Just checked it was 13yr 6mths for what looks like a guilty plea on one boy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ma...phen-turton-football-coach-abuse-15928786.amp

Makes the jail terms for those connected to Celtc even more jawdroppingly lenient.

I know of a guy that got 9 years after pleading guilty to child abuse here in Scotland, I don't know the details of the case but i'v heard that the police that investigated it found it one of the most harrowing that they'd dealt with, God only knows what he had done if those two beasts only got 4 and 2 years after going to trial.

Allegedly there are NDAs signed but Fergus, and other prominent people within cfc and the sfa just waiting to be printed. If this is true it makes you wonder who is furiously trying to stop it being reported. It would explain why a media man was installed at the top of the sfa. I wonder what else has been buried.
Corrupt to the core.

They sound like “side letters” ....

I highly doubt the SFA will be preparing to charge them with anything. In fact they were probably complicit in a lot of it (Jack McGinn).
The SFA wouldnt survive the backlash if they never done anything.

The UK government would likely intervene and rrmove the SFA from power if it did nothing to a proven abuse ring.

The Teflon poets will get away with this, like they do everything else.

They are a protected species!
I do not believe they will. Scotland may be a wee cesspit at the moment with all the poets calling the shots but I would say it has gone too far down the road legally for them to be protected. The justice system will prevail. I believe what some people have already stated on here, that there are many things happening in the back ground and those involved in the investigations dare not attempt to lie, cover up or hinder the process.

The SFA wouldnt survive the backlash if they never done anything.

The UK government would likely intervene and rrmove the SFA from power if it did nothing to a proven abuse ring.

You know what T, isn't it very peculiar that the word 'ring' has never been used in relation to the goings on at CFC?

A group of men, all around the same age, all known to each other, all at the same Club, but nobody in Scotland, be it in the written or spoken media has used the word 'ring' .

Somebody very high up the food chain and with great influence is fire-fighting the reporting of these deplorable acts of the systematic abuse of young boys in the care of Celtc Football & Athletic Club and all names connected with it.

It really is Scotlands' shame .

Oliver Norton must be delighted that his EXCLUSIVE in The Sun has now reached over 80000 views here on Follow Follow.

And all based on some unnamed " Scots-based insider "

WOW!

The Teflon poets will get away with this, like they do everything else.

They are a protected species!

I can’t help but thinking that their fiends in high place will do everything they can to minimise the impact on them, Scotland is a fućking cesspit.

If there was an investigative journalist worthy of the name, they’d have a bestseller on their hands.

Oliver Norton must be delighted that his EXCLUSIVE in The Sun has now reached over 80000 views here on Follow Follow.

WOW!

What's the point of your post?

Are you saying that none of this happened, and that no one should be talking about it?

WOW!
And everytime you come onto the thread you're adding to the views!

WOW!
shrg-1.gif

I can’t help but thinking that their fiends in high place will do everything they can to minimise the impact on them, Scotland is a fućking cesspit.

If there was an investigative journalist worthy of the name, they’d have a bestseller on their hands.
Mark Daley is making one as we speak.
Outside the pedodome asking ex players about it. He's like a dog with a bone, this documentary will be their downfall. Dont get me started if it goes stateside.
Can't believe some people still think their walking away from this, total madness.
Watch wee nippy distance herself and her party when the shit hits the fan.

Not Scotland just in particular cases it seems.

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/glasgow-man-jailed-grooming-sexually-15935098

Outside the pedodome asking ex players about it. He's like a dog with a bone, this documentary will be their downfall. Dont get me started if it goes stateside.
Can't believe some people still think their walking away from this, total madness.

To be fair I can totally understand those think they'll walk away, as til recently I was one of them.

We've watched for years as we get beaten, berated and punished for the pettiest of bias decisions, meanwhile they get media praise, sfa backing (such as our uefa cup season), Commonwealth games renovations and not a hint of a negative press comment.

It makes it hard for us to believe after all this time they'll actually be held to any account but I'm starting to believe yo and others when you say it looks likely.

Read on another forum they have not long changed their insurance company perhaps the old one new what was coming and refused to renew their PL policy.
Surely any new insurance company will only cover them from the date they took the policy on.
U seem to know about civil law how would that pan out mate??
Good question, Robbie. Typically UK Public Liability cover is written on a 'claims occurring' basis. So the insurer on cover on the date of harm deals with claims. Where cover is 'claims made', the current insurer deals; such insurer would defiantly seek to avoid cover for failure to disclose prior unreported occurrences at the intervening renewal dates!
All that said, CFC may still have challenges around compliance with the Conditions of a conventional clams occurring basis Policy.

To be fair I can totally understand those think they'll walk away, as til recently I was one of them.

We've watched for years as we get beaten, berated and punished for the pettiest of bias decisions, meanwhile they get media praise, sfa backing (such as our uefa cup season), Commonwealth games renovations and not a hint of a negative press comment.

It makes it hard for us to believe after all this time they'll actually be held to any account but I'm starting to believe yo and others when you say it looks likely.
Mate it's way way past likely Now!!

Good question, Robbie. Typically UK Public Liability cover is written on a 'claims occurring' basis. So the insurer on cover on the date of harm deals with claims. Where cover is 'claims made', the current insurer deals; such insurer would defiantly seek to avoid cover for failure to disclose prior unreported occurrences at the intervening renewal dates!
All that said, CFC may still have challenges around compliance with the Conditions of a conventional clams occurring basis Policy.
I'm only saying this as they haven't spent much since this raised its ugly head.
If it goes stateside they are in serious trouble of that I have no doubt.
What's your gut feeling about it been raised on the other side of the pond mate??

I can't fucking wait for this! Popcorn at the ready.

giphy.gif

Back