Celtic's End Game

ronadamus_prime

I mean, I highly doubt it. They want easy access to the Champions League cash and to surpass us on Trophies. That's why they harnessed the SPFL, so they could bend them to their will. I thought that was fairly obvious. They don't want to be the best Celtic they can possibly be, they simply want to be considered bigger and better than us. It's why they peddle Espanyolification bollocks at every chance they get.

We've tradionally been the side that is more outward looking over the years. Always confuses me when people peddle the Old Firm joining the English set up. The levels of money needed to attain and then maintain Premier League status is insane. We aren't just going to be dropped into the Premier League or English Championship. Would take years and years of investment. I don't know why this conversation gets brought up every couple of weeks, the English teams do not want us.

Blue Lew

A couple of things spring to mind...
Celtc will only help Celtc.

The only time Celtc have ‘helped’ Rangers was by helping to send them to the bottom of Scottish football.

Their target is 10 in a row however tainted it is.

There are two chances of either club playing in England.

Last but not least, this thread is ludicrous and should be ‘helped’ into the bin.

Now where’s that gif of the dude from Blink 182 saying WTF?

Zandermac

Does anyone think that Celtic's end game was the collapse of the SPFL then both of us would maybe invited to England, Possibly the Championship
Their board didn't want us kicked down to the lower leagues, they wanted us heavy handicapped so we couldn't be a threat to them ,but at the same time still make the money off of us, like in the film Gladiator where the lady's front bottom stabs Russell Crowe then fights him when he's fucked, Their scum fans wanted it, but not the board

Scotty07

Which every club in England wants a piece of. Why would they let two historically massive sides in, to muscle in on that? It doesn't make any sense. English clubs have said it's a non starter for years and years.
would absolutely dominate the English league.
Scottish v English clubs..
Rangers v peados.
what's not to like, football at its toughest.
dynamite.
sky sports would love it. But cant.

rayrangers

For is Rangers fans this is like being in the 90s when Celtic would win against us now and again but Rangers would win the league

England is a non starter and my hope is that we can stop them like they didn’t us to gain 10 in a row

it will be a great day for us when Liewell retires As no one at our club has got the better of him the last 12 years

ronadamus_prime

would absolutely dominate the English league.
Scottish v English clubs..
Rangers v peados.
what's not to like, football at its toughest.
dynamite.
sky sports would love it.
Sky already pay an exorbitant amount of money for the current product. I doubt they'd even try and sway English clubs into accepting additional competition. Especially when you consider most Scots who have Sky sports, are the ones likely to have it. Adding the Old Firm doesn't really increase or decrease their viewership as it stands.

We are the ones who stand to gain the most out of any kind of move. England doesn't want additional competition. The current top six have zero desire to invite disruption to the status quo and the rest don't want to potentially miss out on being a part of the Premier League. It's a non starter. If it was going to happen, it would have, decades ago.

Edit: just realised you were being satirical :)). My apologies mate.

Scotty07

Sky already pay an exorbitant amount of money for the current product. I doubt they'd even try and sway English clubs into accepting additional competition. Especially when you consider most Scots who have Sky sports, are the ones likely to have it. Adding the Old Firm doesn't really increase or decrease their viewership as it stands.

We are the ones who stand to gain the most out of any kind of move. England doesn't want additional competition. The current top six have zero desire to invite disruption to the status quo and the rest don't want to potentially miss out on being a part of the Premier League. It's a non starter. If it was going

Abercrombie

No the title was, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are now thinking about it. Us too maybe.
It would be unfortunate if they became embroiled in court room battles over historic paedophilia which any future league felt would be too much bad publicity.
Lawell thinks much further ahead than that mate. We might hate him and think ill of him but he's a devious intelligent individual.

Aye-Ready

Official Ticketer
No, as they despise us but are still terrified.
They only do what is for them.
Champions league money is their motivation

Div1872

They want to overtake our “Greatest Team in the World” accolade

I think that really got to them and they have schemed to try and get the better of us

They will never be better than us. Ever

rtid

No - they are as narrow minded as the rest of Scottish Football and their end game is to win 10+ league titles in a row and qualify year after year for CL money.

Evil-Monkey

Its possible but i think they are far more short sighted that that. The fact that we have more honours than them eats away at them every day. That and easy access to a shot at champions league entry amd.the riches that come with that are their primary drivers.

StuGers

Does anyone think that Celtic's end game was the collapse of the SPFL then both of us would maybe invited to England, Possibly the Championship
No, Celtic, like their general fan’s psyche, is to have total control and drag everyone down to their level.
They have been assisted politically by parties who see advantage in destroying a large symbol of unionism.

laud55

I would be very surprised at that. Their republican fan base want nothing to do with Britain and by extension England.

GourockBlue50

Official Ticketer
They need complete control. Firstly to make as much money as possible for the pay outs and secondly to make sure they receive the minimal punishment possible for the up and coming scandal.
If they go to England they cannot control that.