Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

Was staying in a b&b in Troon late eighties when I arrived back after work a couple were registering in.
The following morning I asked the owner if the couple who came in last night were called Personn which she confirmed.
When I came back that night she said she told the Personn's I recognised him.
His wife apparently said I told you they would remember you.
When first joining the club known as Orange Pearson

Last edited:
Eric Caldow had returned the team not long before, but Jim Baxter was captain that day when we beat Celtic 2-1 with two goals by Jim Forrest.
No what i found strange was we had 105k at the Morton Final Then the next season final against Celtic and it had 91k

:D

DijSV1cXcAACevc.jpg:large

That was some competition for Jim Forrest. He scored 16 goals in 10 games in 63/64, 18 in 10 in 64/65, 10 in 10 in 65/66 and 6 in 7 in 66/67. Only one of these 50 goals was a pen.
Unbelievable stats and we got rid of him.
As I’ve said before,it changed the clubs history,Forrest leaving.

Unbelievable stats and we got rid of him.
As I’ve said before,it changed the clubs history,Forrest leaving.
Biggest mistake any board of Directors made in our long history,knee jerk reaction to Berwick, history tells us,handed the initiative to the other mob,which IMHO,we still suffer to this day.
WATP

Nearly 30yrs on it really is a case of, “what could have been”.

Arguably didn’t help himself in some ways but up against it from the start - the local media were determined to drag him down a peg or two from the off.

Would he have turned into the utter force of nature that led Everton & Newcastle for years if he had stayed in Glasgow? It’s one for debate.

Can you imagine the in-form Ferguson playing up from with Laudrup alongside him and Gascoigne feeding him though?

Back