Club Statement regard Derek McInness - Murty in charge until end of the year

Pretty bloody poor show that statement. It might even be accurate but that’s hardly the point

So am I getting this right...

1. We approach Aberdeen in order to speak to McInnes and they refuse
2. We then find out from the statement that he's staying at Aberdeen

There are no in-between steps?

What a fucking strange scenario.

Of course there were in between steps the board are only choosing to say what they want .

So Murty for the foreable future. He'll have 10 games under his belt meaning bookies will pay out, so if you're quick...

A shambles though.

Already suspended :(

Taking money off the bookies would've been the only positive to come out of this mess.

I agree with the statement and it's true there were no outstanding candidates. Look at how many people were starting to come round to McInnes due to the lack of decent candidates. I don't know who we should go for but getting it right is critical this time and I will bite my tongue until I know who it is.

The board appoint a dof as they have no football knowledge so how do they know whats required to be a football manager all of a sudden.i smell several rats.murty watch your back.

Which is like what, 25 days away? At least they haven't shat the bed and appointed Eck.

Correct - but there are 6 games between now and the end of the year, including trips to Easter Road and the Piggery.

If they don't get someone in right at the Winter Break then it's a waste.

No offence Rangers, but if you tell me I’m not an outstanding candidate then it’s hard to feel wanted.

I wasn’t in the mcinnes camp and not privy to whats going on behind the scenes but there seems to be some strange goings on.

Bit of clarity required soon please board

This board will always have my respect and gratitude for saving us from the spivs and putting in their own fortunes to keep the lights on.

However a blind man can see that when it comes to getting us out of this clusterfuck they havent a clue.

The whole pedro farce and whats happened since is proof they dont have what it takes to turn us around.

No surprise. Did people really think that having taken this long to approach McInnes - and been knocked back unexpectedly- we would have another ace up our sleeves ready for immediate appointment? King had already said none of the out of work candidates, to date, were suitable. We are back to looking to take someone’s Manager away from them. That will, once again, take time.

Embarrassing statement.

Just needed to say that we can confirm that Derek McInnes will not be joining us as manager. The board will redouble their efforts to identify the right man for the job.

That was all.

What if someone outstanding comes along between now and the end of the month? Forced to contradict themselves again?

By extrapolation would suggest we can expect feck all in terms of players coming in in the January window too, if they don't anticipate us having a manager in place..?

Seems a fair enough statement to me. It’s clear that McInnes was the preferred candidate and, now that he’s turned us down, the club has to approach another club to speak to their manager. That will take time and it therefore makes sense for Murty to remain in charge for the time being. It’s only 3 weeks!!

It's the truth, he shat himself and everyone knows it.

Do you believe that he would rather stay with the sheep because he likes a challenge and will eventually be taking them to the pinnacle of Scottish football?

No, he is comfortable and scared of the big seat at Ibrox.
Its pretty clear, i'm not arguing that. I dont think we need to surface it in public, its pretty pathetic that we feel the need to highlight it, just my opinion dont expect everyone to agree.

That's an absolutely shocking statement. Embarrassed by that.

I know we're all anxious at not knowing what's gone on today, but honestly hearing nothing would have been better than that nonsense.

I am reading it as an indirect version of if McInnes really wanted the job he would have pushed to get it, however they weren't sure about him but thought he was an easy bet.

Still think McInnes has bottled it.

Didn't feel a statement was necessary as it would never have given us the answers we want. Murty for the foreseeable seemed inevitable as there simply doesn't seem to be any genuine candidates. Hate to sound like i'm giving a burd dating advice but its better that we get Mr Right instead of Mr Right Now.

It's a gutter that the board have given up on the season though. They are a detestable lot but the filth wouldn't do that. When their Deila experiment failed, their board didn't muck about and spent big to get the manager they needed. I would hope our board would be going into overdrive to find a way to get the funds to do likewise.

You know they’re fcked when they simply waste a statement making digs at the guy who knew better than to take anything they were offering.

There is no direction here. None.

They’re simply playing to the lowest common denominator here and hoping they can keep enough staunch points with the “massive club” comments to get supporters onside.

I hope our fans are intelligent enough to see through it.

It's the truth, he shat himself and everyone knows it.

Do you believe that he would rather stay with the sheep because he likes a challenge and will eventually be taking them to the pinnacle of Scottish football?

No, he is comfortable and scared of the big seat at Ibrox.
On the money, mate

"Lads, don't blame us...he was a shitebag and er Murty till the end of the year because we're fúcked if we know who plan B is yet"

Quarter to ten and that's the best Traynor can come up with.

They have failed us all. They should be ashamed of themselves.

of course we havnt ffs.
we ask permission, not given
we didnt offer dmc the job, we couldnt.
dmc, after talks with his boss saying he is staying at aberdeen

Ffs nothing.

He should have been sounded out in advance of any formal approach.

So we’re looking at managers (plural) but one doesn’t want to talk and it delays the process by 4 weeks (at least).

Back