Club Statement

Nice tops - look forward to them being delivered on August 1st. Haven’t bought any gers gear for a few years now. Buying experience was smooth with a little queuing but no website crashes which hasn’t always been the case.

Most Rangers fans with a choice wont buy from SD. However not everyone has the same choice in terms of locale or budget. Wherever they buy from they support the club though.

Great news is as a club we now have what feels like a new income stream after years of legal fees and nothing from the SD deal.

Looks like were moving in the right direction, well done Rangers.

My take on this:

Rangers and Castore should have been ahead of the curve with this and shouldn’t have been issuing statements 3-hours after SD, they must have known this was agreed for SD to sell shirts.

Castore should be well well warned about doing any business at all with SD, they have gone out their way to shaft suppliers before (Google Hi-Tec and SD) and they are playing with fire.

Our Supporters have the ultimate chance to leave SD shelves and hangers full of their first batch, and I don’t expect SD will order any more.

Luckily, SD waited until 5pm before their trolling, or they could have really fkd up Day 1.

I remain disappointed that they have any connection to Rangers, but we have it in our power to make their stock worthless.

Completely agree, nicely put.

how is this even a drama?
I'm surprised you need to ask mate

Hes fucked us over for years and many thought this was a complete break. Cost us millions.

Him being able to sell our strips is a disappointing development but I'm not going to lose sleep on it.

We would really need to know Castores terms with SD to make a rational judgement whereas imotionally its a bummer.

Buy direct. Not spivs direct.

Surely the very simple solution to the SD issue is just to buy direct, everyone has internet and can order online. Absolutely nobody is forced to walk into a SD store to buy Rangers gear.

In any case, it’ll almost be guaranteed that Greaves (and possibly JD Sports too) will also be stocking the shirts, so if there is anyone out there who is absolutely desperate to buy them in-store, they will be able to do so without going to SD.

Reading through these threads tonight has been stressful but also a good laugh at times. The Rangers support as a whole is fücking mental but I wouldn’t change it for the world :))

We couldnt settle a dispute with Sports Direct whilst setting up an agreement with someone else that was specifically told to exclude them. Would have been hammered in the courts again.

I dont believe we have any deal with them, do I think we agreed to ensure they got same access to strips as others via Castore. Probably

We don’t have a deal with anyone other than Castore.

Even if the club get exactly the same out of a top sold by Sports Direct, nobody should ever buy anything that benefits that fat lady's front bottom, ever. Especially when there is another way which likely benefits our new supportive retail partner more.

Think it is pretty clear many pantie wetters on here have fallen hook line and sinker for a bit of trolling.

Some posts on the other thread that makes me question the motives of some posters.
Sometimes I think many posters don't go to games don't buy kit but merely see a few highlights on sportscene but give off there 30 yr in a row season ticket holders with millions invested best to ignore

Even if the club get exactly the same out of a top sold by Sports Direct, nobody should ever buy anything that benefits that fat lady's front bottom, ever. Especially when there is another way which likely benefits our new supportive retail partner more.

It’s all very well saying buy direct, but Castore are out of all sizes above Large already (despite being warned about this) Do you think your average Rangers fan is going to wait on Castore to restock or try and get one anywhere they can on Aug 1st?

I don’t know why they wouldn’t at least have hold back the entire first batch for sale exclusively through Rangers and Castore?

The club refer to having an exclusive deal with Castore. This is not true if Castore have done a deal with SD.
Yes buy direct where possible.. Still does not negate the fact that SD will be given thousands of our kit to flog and profit from our support.
None of us expected or wanted this. I get the feeling the club knew fine well that this is something that annoys the support

No, you're the switched on thinker mate.

Its the rest of us idiots that are naive enough to think that when we're told there will be "no association with SD", we believe it.

There is no association with the club, Castore were not going to pay us what they did while refusing to sell wholesale to the biggest sports shop in the UK.

Under free trade, Sports Direct are entitled to bulk buy to sell Rangers gear.
Under free trade, we are entitled to tell them to stick em and go and buy direct/elsewhere.

All good, nothing to see here?
Not sure if totally correct. I thought that some of the bigger brands refuse to supply SD with their goods as it's seen as devaluing the brand?

The amount of Rangers kit launch related things that are trending on Twitter is unreal. Castore, Rangers, Sevco, Sports Direct and earlier it was MyGers.

Then you click on the trend, and it’s just full of terriers obsessing over us. Even screenshots of FF.

I honestly can’t think of a time in my life where I’ve wanted to talk or tweet about their rancid club (and it even pains me to type this), never mind stalk their forums.

Imagine spending your day and certainly most of the evening talking about your rival club.

Virgins.

just not from SD

Wednesday, 01 July 2020, 21:04
by Rangers Football Club

Rangers & Castore are delighted to confirm the new Ibrox Retail Store will officially open on 1st August 2020, which will be operated by Castore as the clubs official retail partner.

The new Rangers Ibrox Retail Store will be complimented with a number of other key retail sites in Glasgow and further afield, now identified by Castore and Rangers and close to agreement. The Ibrox Retail Store will undergo a £250,000 renovation and become a key venue for all Rangers supporters and on matchdays will be supported with further pop up stores within the Stadium.

Following the today’s unveiling of the 2020/21 home jersey, Rangers continues to look forward to their long term exclusive partnership with Castore, which, for the avoidance of doubt, is a direct agreement between those two companies with no other persons party to the deal.

As previously stated, it offers a fresh start for the Club and a chance to purchase high quality clothing and other products that directly benefit Rangers.

As is common practice in teamwear retail, Castore will form a number of wholesale supply arrangements with high street retailers in the UK and overseas because that is key to the global aspirations of both Castore and Rangers but the purpose of these arrangements will always be to maximise the availability and sales channels for Rangers products.

Rangers exclusive partnership with Castore ensures that Rangers always directly benefits with a royalty from the sale of all of the Rangers products manufactured, distributed and retailed by Castore. This includes all products distributed by Castore to high street retailers.
Or JD sports....fxuk them as well

Absolutely love folk pretending they expected SD to still be selling our strips. :D:D

Course you did.
I mean, me personally I wasn’t expecting a new ambitious brand to cut off ties with the biggest retail store in the UK. Whilst we are their first partner and the history we have with SD is quite well known you can’t expect them just to do everything to suit Rangers when they are aiming to build a global company.

Am I disappointed that fat slug will be selling our tops? Yes but Castore have a brand of their own to build.

As much as much as I hate fat Cashley, it's nice to know we'll make money from every shirt he sells.

It's even nicer to know that well still make the same money even if he doesn't sell those shirts.

That's the difference to the deal in the past.

We only made money from shirts he sold, now we make money from any shirt he buys.

He's just a customer now.

Thank goodness I have no interest in buying a football top especially when Fatty is still stinking up the place, again this board excel themselves with their disingenuous behaviour but hey we’re mere customers and money is king but we do have rather a lot of lemmings who won’t give a toss.

The amount of Rangers kit launch related things that are trending on Twitter is unreal. Castore, Rangers, Sevco, Sports Direct and earlier it was MyGers.

Then you click on the trend, and it’s just full of terriers obsessing over us. Even screenshots of FF.

I honestly can’t think of a time in my life where I’ve wanted to talk or tweet about their rancid club (and it even pains me to type this), never mind stalk their forums.

Imagine spending your day and certainly most of the evening talking about your rival club.

Virgins.
Theres old videos going around of Rangers fans outside Ibrox saying the home and away top is sold out so there going to sports direct.
The poets are milking this and trying to rip the piss.

The thing that worries me and I guess a lot of people is that sports direct are selling it ‘exclusively’. It’s Like Castore have struck a deal with them. Thankfully most supporters are well drilled to buy direct.
I'd have hoped this was at the very least discussed with Castore, and preferably was part of the agreement that that that fat c*nt makes hee-haw from our tie-up...NO link whatsoever with SD. No self respecting bear would ever buy from that mob, surely!!

The club has cleared it up and im ok with that. I can guarentee that shitty fat prick ashley and SD wont see a penny EVER off of me. Online direct and cant wait to get into our new store.

Not sure if totally correct. I thought that some of the bigger brands refuse to supply SD with their goods as it's seen as devaluing the brand?
Nike and Adidas don’t give SD some of their top line/brand new gear but let’s be clear - any attempt by Rangers to restrict SD is liable to end in another court. If we are making the same money off a shirt sold via SD as we would JD, I don’t care. I won’t buy it there but it’s Fat Mikes risk.

Whether people like it or not, Sports Direct are by far the biggest sport retailer in the country.

It's probably unreasonable to suggest Castore don't deal with them just because of our past history.

They are buying kits from Castore at the same price as any other retailer in the country.

Sports direct have over 400 stores in the UK, one way of looking at it is it's a good way of getting the strips selling throughout the whole country.

I understand how it all works and it is disappointing that Castore aren’t in a position to cut off their nose to spite their face but that’s business. In an ideal world we would never see a rangers top in their tat shops again but financially we have to look at the bigger picture

Whether people like it or not, Sports Direct are by far the biggest sport retailer in the country.

It's probably unreasonable to suggest Castore don't deal with them just because of our history with them.

They are buying kits from Castore at the same price as any other retailer in the country.

Sports direct have over 400 stores in the UK, if anything it's a good way of getting the strips to all areas of the country.

Castore will want to manufacture other teams kits both in the U.K. and abroad going forward and will need the ability to sell them on the high street.

It’s not realistic to expect them to completely burn their bridges. They will need SD in the future out width our deal.

If SD want to place an order for stock from Castore and try and sell it their stores, let them. Hopefully the vast vast majority of Bears will know the score and refuse to buy from them.

Last edited:
Typical shit stirring by Ashley to put a dampner on a positive day for Rangers and Castore. I'd prefer Castore to have nothing to do with them but I doubt Sports Direct will carry much of our gear anyway. They never promoted our kit when they were our retail partner.

This! and many Rangers fans have helped them with it.

I’m happy with that statement, only slight tinge of disappointment, could they have called fat man out for his ‘exclusive’ claim?
And the fact that the club didn't address the "exclusive" claim is why so many are concerned with what it could possibly mean. Time will obviously tell but until the club or Castore clear this up we will have to wait to see what unfolds in early August.

I cant beleive how many cant see this for the neg pr stunt against the club and our merch deal.

The fat man has spent money buying tops from Castore, just to stage the idea he is still running our merch deal. He will be left with tops he cant sell, Castore and us will have already been paid.

And the fact that the club didn't address the "exclusive" claim is why so many are concerned with what it could possibly mean. Time will obviously tell but until the club or Castore clear this up we will have to wait to see what unfolds in early August.
Clearly the “exclusive” comment was balls, even their own channels were inconsistent. The club and Castore have clarified the position.

I must admit to being shocked when I heard but when you think about it, Castore are hoping to expand into football with more teams in the future. It wouldn't make sense for them to prevent probably the biggest retailer in the UK from selling them.

Castore have actively chosen to deal with SD. Despite all the information out there and one of their owners in his interview being pressed on SD there is still an agreement.

Given we have sold c 50k shirts online today, there wasn't a need for Castore to get in to any deal at all with SD given they're an online platform and will soon have their own shops.

After all that's happened and the many false dawns before, and despite the statements and orange fonts; I'm still sceptical. Hopefully I'm proven wrong.

What I suspect is that case is this - with their capacity for sales Sports Direct could not be written out of Castore selling them product. If they were then the "matching" element of the old contract would kick in - or at least be arguable in court.

The date if 1st August must be significant - I presume that is when the old contact to sell old stock runs out.

If Sports Direct buy stock from Castore then they are doing so like any other business. Their risk if it doesn't sell.
Never thought of it that way; so the fact SD are buying from Castore confirms that the old contract/partnership with the club is over.

So we have an exclusive deal with Castore but they only have an online business so they then strike deals with retail outlets to sell our stuff face to face.
On the level it makes sense but I wish SD weren't one of the retail outlets. Will be seriously pissed off if they are the main one.
The statement doesn't actually answer all.

It's probably unreasonable to suggest Castore don't deal with them just because of our past history.

Sports direct have over 400 stores in the UK, one way of looking at it is it's a good way of getting the strips selling throughout the whole country.
I would rather we didn’t sell the strips than sell them to them, no sales are better than his sales

Castore will want to manufacture other teams kits going forward and will need the ability to sell them on the high street.

It’s not realistic to expect them to completely burn their bridges. They will need SD in the future.

If SD want to place an order for stock from Castore and try and sell it their stores, let them. Hopefully the vast vast majority of Bears will know the score and refuse to buy from them.
Your completely right. But why did castore not avoid this furore and tell us this week's ago. They could have managed this message and set the narrative. They had ample opportunity to do so. Yet they chose not to, despite knowing the absolute distain the fans hold for SD. Its just disappointing that we were all led to believe that this was a fresh start, a partner that is open and honest with their fans, and on such a monumental day we get sucker punched with the spectre of a fat ogre.

This would have all been avoided if the fans were trusted, but it just all feels a bit disingenuous and takes some of the gloss of what has been up to this point an unbelievable start to our partnership with castore

Castore will want to manufacture other teams kits both in the U.K. and abroad going forward and will need the ability to sell them on the high street.

It’s not realistic to expect them to completely burn their bridges. They will need SD in the future out width our deal.

That’s about the most sensible thing I’ve read tonight.

Eskbank Loyal on RM says we didn't realise SD would be able to sell in-store from Aug 1st. The Rangers store wasn't going to ready until 15th and we are now scrabbling around to get it opened on the 1st. This was the delay. We got caught out

On many a day/night I’m often left baffled and bemused at some of the posts left by some on here, I’ve probably had a few howlers myself but tonight has definitely been the worst I’ve experienced in reading through some of the other threads.

Shame on some of you. Angry wee man syndrome was out on force tonight.

What should have been a great day for us with the new strip being released and a big F U to the fat cat after finally not having to deal with him anymore has turned into a free for all, and wild accusations against the board and Castore have left me feeling ashamed of the self-proclaimed best fans in the world.

Back