Clyde 1 Clown Call-In Clinic thread * MERGED *

If you told them 2 years ago, they'd be shiteing themselves so much about playing us they'd be lobbying for moving the league around to avoid it, they'd have told you to put down the crack pipe. As much as I hate them and any potentially corrupt situations we might be about to face, that is keeping me (ever so slightly) happy.

FHJlrw_WYA4Y7z4

G7 is not an absolute right. The club MAY request a postponement and the Board MAY grant it, but they can say no as well
I’d love to see them say no given the circumstances of the potential postponement, given all would be fit to feature in the game presumably

Not sure the SPFL would fancy the backlash

Yep. All that rule says is that club has the right to ask. I think we can all anticipate the answer.

Neithers postponing for zero reason. Our G7 request is surely more important from a sporting integrity perspective.
Sorry Rangers, we can't push games into February and risk fixture backlogs later.

Nations Cup games in June for Scotland, so no chance of extending the season.
If they pull-in the winter break, it can only go badly for one team.

Few injuries and they’re crying for a postponement

Funny how Celtic are happy playing a depleted St Mirren but want the postponements to start after :D

Just in time for their players to get fit again and sign new players
Quite frankly if Sturgeon is so concerned about this public health situation. Why are schools, shopping precincts , still operational.? Thousands of community transmission opportunities on a daily basis. No proactive concern for the health, wellbeing of the employees working in these areas of the economy.
Could this be because she knows the pandemic is a smokescreen for incompetent political governance ?
Rangers need to articulate the fact, that playing fixtures behind closed doors is not idealistic, but, deliverable .
The SPFL product can still be showcased to provide sponsorship agreements, sporting continuity to governing bodies. The financial rewards are still paltry. We can’t afford to sit idle, to benefit political expedients who seek to dominate control over our liberty or culture .in Scotland.

It's a stitch up. Board will meet previous to clubs being added to the discussion on a zoom call. Agendas will be set before the clubs are asked.

Only in Scotland could a football phone be on the side of stopping football being played.

Absolutely.

Not being stopped immediately though. No, no.
Celtic should play St Mirren first before St Mirren can recover from a covid outbreak.
THEN I think we just all need a break from football for a while, don't we?

If there's a vote on it and it's what all the clubs want then fair enough. Fine.

It's such a disgrace that Scottish football media people are actively cheerleading this though.

Even for us it removes the risk of having an outbreak at a time when it's more likely.
Could you imagine if matches go ahead and then we find ourselves with a major outbreak next Wednesday?
It should be something that only gets done in absolutely extreme circumstances and shouldn't be f*cking cheered all the way by people who supposedly care about the game up here.

We just have to focus on the positives.
We're 7 points clear.
Probably 4 clear after tomorrow.
GVB and the management team will have a chance now to take a break and work with the squad, Saturday was not good at all.
Players with niggles and tiredness will get a chance to recover.
Maybe we will get Helander back by the time football starts up again.

I'd still fancy us to beat them at Parkhead even if they do have a fully fit squad.

The way this whole thing has played out is completely disgraceful though.
Tims admitted themselves that they are struggling with the schedule of games.
Then they are the first team to come out demanding a break.

Stammering there Snyde when confronted with a caller that said “yes you want to play in front of fans but equally you want to play”

5 seconds of silence em em em before Wilson “aye but”

Does anyone still think Gordan Duncan is a good and fair presenter? The mask has slipped fom this "motherwell fan"

He's turned the show into a Motherwell podcast. A Glasgow station and we've got to listen to him and Dalziel relentlessly go on about Motherwell and their hero Tony Watt. Then we have Alan Burrows tonight given a platform to promote football being stopped with the panel all agreeing.

Last edited:
Can you please educate us Nelster ?
Rangers can request postponement of any match when 3 players are away for internationals.

It is then decided by SPFL board.

The same SPFL board that is about to force us into the position of needing to request it by cancelling matches that have no sporting basis to be cancelled.

Remember that time in June 2012 when Charles Green and Ally McCoist were sat in the boardroom holding the Rangers share certificate for the SPL only to be told - we wish to vote on revoking your license. Motion passed.

G7 rule was posted earlier stating a club with 3 or more players on international duty can request a postponement for games if they are affected by losing players

So if we are forced to play the scum we can request a postponement given Aribo. Balogun. Bassey will be away at AFCON

So why are they granting the suspension of football with no sporting emergency requiring it ?
Not sure what you mean.

I think the relevance others are getting at is that we can request that the rescheduled match with the filth is postponed on account of 3 players being away at AFCON.

However my reading of the rules is that we can ask, but they aren’t obliged to grant our request.

Back