Official Compromise reached over Old firm ticketing - SPFL announcement

Is the new allocation of 5% good or bad

• Good

Votes: 626 48.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 670 51.7%

• Total voters
Any guesses as to how segregation outside the game would work?

Hope doesn't go back to them having Edmiston Road to themselves.
Two mentally challenged barriers will probably be set up running from the wee car park across the road to the turnstiles at the Govan/Broomloan.
You know, the option that prompted safety concerns a few weeks ago.

It’s not been the same the fixture needs it and makes it more appealing to TV companies too.

Now also a better chance of going to Parkhead too win win

There’s never a bigger picture with the support - it’s all about the individual.

Who cares that a ST holder is now negatively impacted when they get a ticket to Parkhead?

There were some highly critical of Bisgrove. Not today, though, because despite shafting ST holders, they’ve got a ticket for Parkhead.
i was against the initial change and also against it reverting to them getting the whole Broomloan ....... i think the 5% euro allocation is the middle ground " sensible " decision

Good news the have sorted the allocations but as someone who is affected by having to make a seat move I’m pretty raging. We are being told it’s “first come first serve” for available seats when the renewals start.

1. What the F is the point in being Gold in mygers to have a faster finger first fight over a seat with someone who might have just got their ticket this year. There should be tiers to seat selection.
2. Not guaranteed to be next to the family now.

Pretty lazy from the club to approach it this way and I hope they have a change of plan.

If this is true, the board have let our support down.
It should not be difficult for Rangers to confirm we have 5% (3000) and what that looks like on the Parkhead stadium footprint.

Should it ? Any competent business would have it well nailed down watertight.

If they dont, I’ve no idea what they are playing at creating big gaps in the centre of the broomloan behind the goal and in the tier above, to return to being diddled.

Not in my opinion.

The club have finally grown up instead of petty bollocks. The initial reduction was based on a random fan doing a survey online that anyone could fill in. The reality was because we were getting regularly beaten.

Both clubs finally grown up and came to a good agreement that many fans wanted, despite the noise of a lot on here.

You're absolutely having yourself on, if you think that they're satisfied with this new agreement.

They'll push for the full Broomloan back, using the same channels they've just used to get this new set up in place and by the looks of it, we'll accept it and play along.

I didn't agree with the drastic cutting of the allocation to begin with. But I also understood that the club had to have the balls to stand behind their decision.

I'm torn on this to be honest, having nearly 3000 Bears at the Piggery is beneficial, flip side of that is season ticket holders at Ibrox being moved aside for a beggar.

Whatever way you dress it up, that's not a good look.

Anyone thinking we are getting the 5% allocation is utterly deluded. We will not encroach into their section. It will be the corner only and segregation taken from seats in our section. The corner holds 2700 so minus the segregation 2500 sounds about right.
Nothing reported says 5% minus segregation.

You're absolutely having yourself on, if you think that they're satisfied with this new agreement.

They'll push for the full Broomloan back, using the same channels they've just used to get this new set up in place and by the looks of it, we'll accept it and play along.

I didn't agree with the drastic cutting of the allocation to begin with. But I also understood that the club had to have the balls to stand behind their decision.
The full Broomloan will never return.

Euro allocation was a fair compromise which accommodates our away fans too

as long as Rangers have 46,000 ST holders that can never happen

I’ll be surprised if it’s not already been mentioned….. they will have a great view out away fans however won’t seems fair lol.

Scandalous
I'm the same mate. In BR4. Moved there so I could take my boys to the family stand and have 3 tickets together. All of us silver MYGERS. Gutted.
How many season ticket holders do we have in total?
How many spare seats does that leave on OF days once you take their 5% allocation off?
Ruined my Easter weekend this.

The folk shouting for a bigger away allocation should have been asked to offer jo their seats for home games.

I'm sure they would change their time if it affected them in this way.
easily ..... due to work i only make 50% roughly of Ibrox games ( can be 45 or 55% of games ) .........

but i defo get a parkhead ticket aye ??

This allocation is just a starting point for them, they’ll be back forcing the full allocation before long citing some spurious reasoning, kicking up %^*& with the help of their media pals and we’ll bend. Sure as all hell.
They'll no doubt continue bumping their gums about it, but they can't force or demand anything. They had that full stand for years, simply because for countless decades before that, they got that end of the ground. Same with us at the Piggery. It was tradition as much as anything else, that continued after stadium redevelopment. Fortunately common sense finally prevailed and there's no way we're going back to giving them 15% of the stadium and neither they nor anyone else can force us to.

I’m in the same boat but I don’t think it should be just gold. 75% gold, 20% silver and 5% bronze, all ST holders. Maybe.

There’s folk who go home and away and aren’t gold.
bronze shouldn’t have a look in at all and if anything it should be the higher percentage of silver. But for me Cat A games should always be gold and mygers needs an overhaul anyway.

You should get points for applying for tickets and you’re not successful. But same if you’re applying just to get points and you get one and don’t buy it you should then get a ten point removal penalty and that would stop the chancers.

The folk shouting for a bigger away allocation should have been asked to offer jo their seats for home games.

I'm sure they would change their time if it affected them in this way.
Well that’s nonsense. Anyone that bought a season ticket in the broomloan after the allocation must have always known there was a chance this day would come. It really is that simple.

This has only happened because Sky have told the SPFL and the clubs it has to happen.
Am I right in saying that these are the European away allocations?
If so, the scum have no excuse in not allocating the same areas they do for European games.

The full Broomloan will never return.

Euro allocation was a fair compromise which accommodates our away fans too

You can't just say that. That's what they want. That is what their fans want, and it's what the TV companies want. We've gave them an inch. Now watch them take a mile.

You would think our support had learned it's lesson in the last 20 years, but here we are.

easily ..... due to work i only make 50% roughly of Ibrox games ( can be 45 or 55% of games ) .........

but i defo get a parkhead ticket aye ??
Not sure if you meant to reply to me mate. Doesn't make any sense in relation to the post quoted.

Well that’s nonsense. Anyone that bought a season ticket in the broomloan after the allocation must have always known there was a chance this day would come. It really is that simple.
You're proving my point well mate.

I'm the same mate. In BR4. Moved there so I could take my boys to the family stand and have 3 tickets together. All of us silver MYGERS. Gutted.
How many season ticket holders do we have in total?
How many spare seats does that leave on OF days once you take their 5% allocation off?
Ruined my Easter weekend this.
That’s a real shame mate. Chances of you getting 3 tickets together elsewhere with your boys for these games on a first come, first serve basis are nigh on impossible too.

Future generations impacted by another scandalous Bisgrove and Bennett decision.

Hopefully get a win tomorrow to make your weekend with your lads a bit happier.

Can anyone clarify if all affected season ticket holders choose to move rather than stay and not attend games against them, that everyone will be able to move seats?

The 1st come 1st served part of the email isn't clear. Is it a case if your not fast you might not get seats in your preferred area of the stadium but you will still ne able to move somewhere or if your not fast, you might not get moved at all and have to accept a season ticket with no games against them?

@Greg Marshall can you help clear this up please?

No that you wouldn't be prepared to give up your home match ticket to accommodate celtc fan.

Prove me wrong!
That my season ticket is the Copland rangers end and has been for the best part of 20 years and that i sit and always have sat in the rangers end of the support. You buy a ticket for the broomloan you knew this day one would day come, as I said it really is that simple.

Im surprised so much of the focus is on the allocation itself. Surely them bending us over is the real story here? If this was the SPFL/SFA renenging on a policy because Celtic challenged it - we would have threads galore demanding Doncaster is sacked.

The truth is they flexed and we caved. Thats the real story. But apparently our fans dont actually care about them running the game up here, so long as it aligns with their personal interests. And i say that as someone whos indifferent towards what the allocation is.

This has only happened because Sky have told the SPFL and the clubs it has to happen.
Am I right in saying that these are the European away allocations?
If so, the scum have no excuse in not allocating the same areas they do for European games.
That's interesting. You got a source for that?

Of course it can, Rangers just tell every ST holder in the Broomloan that the scum are getting you're seat and the decision is final.
Celtc are playing the long game and as usual we are trying to "build bridges"!
Or…
We’re trying to give our team the best chance it has at winning at the piggery. Shock horror I know.

But just for the record…we’ve won one game there since the allocations were reduced.

Can anyone clarify if all affected season ticket holders choose to move rather than stay and not attend games against them, that everyone will be able to move seats?

The 1st come 1st served part of the email isn't clear. Is it a case if your not fast you might not get seats in your preferred area of the stadium but you will still ne able to move somewhere or if your not fast, you might not get moved at all and have to accept a season ticket with no games against them?

@Greg Marshall can you help clear this up please?

The fact they are providing the discount confirms that a ticket is not guaranteed.

A move is also ‘subject to availability’.

But we have just removed 2 games for current ST holders. The process has begun.

What gives you the confidence that it couldn’t be extended further?
because it then impacts on Rangers business model but given we have to offer European clubs 5% its not as if we dont already make such an allocation available ...... there's nothing to stop every Season Ticket holder ticking the box for " every home game "

Back