Copa America 2021 - Live on the BBC

Would love Argentina to do it this year, Messi doesn’t deserve to retire with no international accolades.

I still blame Higauin.

That goal makes him Argentina’s highest ever scorer in competitive matches, and that’s having played the last few years almost as a midfielder. Yet there’s punters on here with Scott Brown levels of intelligence who feel he hasn’t shown up at international level B-D

Surely everyone blames Higuain?

Agreed though, it'd also probably highlight the European bias with people arguing Ronaldo is better for leading (despite going off after 15 minutes) Portugal to a European Championship.
Spot on mate, I don’t even engage in the debate anymore :))

That goal makes him Argentina’s highest ever scorer in competitive matches, and that’s having played the last few years almost as a midfielder. Yet there’s punters on here with Scott Brown levels of intelligence who feel he hasn’t shown up at international level B-D
Well, he’s not done it in England has he?.

He lives in Buenos Aires so is probably there although I am not sure.

You can certainly tell he doesn't normally commentate.
Indupitably.

I'm thinking a Guardian reporter who took a year out to work on his tango and there was literally nobody else that could do the job.

FBS

Spot on mate, I don’t even engage in the debate anymore :))
I'm pretty strict on it. If you think Ronaldo is better, you're wrong. It doesn't make for the world's best debate admittedly. I am disappointed Messi hasn't fulfilled my prediction of dropping further back and becoming the world's best central midfielder as I predicted he was capable of right enough.

Indupitably.

I'm thinking a Guardian reporter who took a year out to work on his tango and there was literally nobody else that could do the job.

FBS
Isn't that similar to how James Richardson got the gig and the rest is history? Well sort of.

Indupitably.

FBS

No. He moved to BA about a decade ago to try and live the dream of being a football journo. He set up a football podcast that has been going for over a decade and written for a number of publications. Think he does copywriting now, though.

I'm pretty strict on it. If you think Ronaldo is better, you're wrong. It doesn't make for the world's best debate admittedly. I am disappointed Messi hasn't fulfilled my prediction of dropping further back and becoming the world's best central midfielder as I predicted he was capable of right enough.
Messi and Davis in midfield;)

By the way I thought Martinez was supposed to be good? Seems to regress to Higuain levels of whiteness when he dons the international gear B-D

Such a shame there’s no crowd for this tournament - it’s what makes it special.

Instead it sounds like the Beach End at Pittodrie with they seagulls squawking haha.

Scrappy second half.

Argentina should have won with the amount of chances they created but this and their defensive flaws is why they always seem to struggle to put teams away.

Bolivia v Paraguay later for the insomniacs.

Impossible to trust that Argentine defence. Once again incapable of putting a team away.

At least they are creating.

Got to feel sorry for Messi. Surrounded by diddies.

His free kick was superb. Put a couple of chances on a plate as well. Argentina won't be winning anything with that squad.

List of the best player at the Copa:

E37IrftUYAImQA4

Back