Cork City 0-2 Progres Niederkorn

Assuming Progres go through what other factors will possibly impact our away fixture date? Other Lux teams Jeunesse Esch, Fola in EL and Dudelange who may drop in from CL exit? Realistically when will our date be confirmed?

Honestly think that Jeunesse Esch and Fola will not have much of on impact on our fixture date. Can't see Fola overturning there result in Georgia next week.

Biggest issue will be with Dudelange as already suggested by other posters. They only drew 2:2 at home (National Stadium) after being 2:0 up against Valletta from Malta. They will be playing the Champions Path in the EL if they go out next week. The return leg is scheduled for the 1st of August as well.

Will definitely be a couple of interesting days.

As time passes by, the notion that we had a shite team then has almost become fact. I had a look recently and we actually had a decent side out, one that should have been able to take care of Progres certainly. The previous tie should serve as a warning that absolutely no team should be treated lightly.
The team that night was.....

Rangers

• 1 Foderingham
  • 9 Miller
  • 2 Tavernier
  • 4 Cardoso
  • 8 Jack
  • 18 Rossiter
  • 5 Wallace
  • 24 Bates
  • 19 Kranjcar
  • 20 Morelos
  • 21 Candeias

Conceivably 5 of those could be involved again this time around.:eek:

I'm not expecting us to 'hammer' them but I'd expect us to go through fairly comfortably nevertheless.

Honestly think that Jeunesse Esch and Fola will not have much of on impact on our fixture date. Can't see Fola overturning there result in Georgia next week.

Biggest issue will be with Dudelange as already suggested by other posters. They only drew 2:2 at home (National Stadium) after being 2:0 up against Valletta from Malta. They will be playing the Champions Path in the EL if they go out next week. The return leg is scheduled for the 1st of August as well.

Will definitely be a couple of interesting days.

Dudelange played their matches in the EL last year at their own stadium. Of course, if they do drop into the EL and draw attractive opposition, they could I suppose opt to use the National Stadium.

Dudelange played their matches in the EL last year at their own stadium. Of course, if they do drop into the EL and draw attractive opposition, they could I suppose opt to use the National Stadium.

If they drop down they'll get either Shkëndija (Macedonian champions) or Nõmme Kalju (Estonian champions), neither of those seem particularly attractive.

Back