Match Thread Cowdenbeath v Rangers - 19:45 Wednesday - Premier Sports

As much as we have been rubbish. Fair play to Cowdenbeath, they made a fist of it
Aye to be fair they tried like fvck after being 3 down although the penalty decision certainly gave them that boost. The casual tippy tappy stuff from us at the back is ridiculous though. Anyway it’s a win at a shitey ground without injury and we get back to our strongest 11 on Saturday hopefully.

Disagree that has not been a professional second half

Defended by the seat of our pants, cowdenbeath should've had a second then we wouldve been in panic mode.

Professional isn't giving away a pen start of the second half.

Professional would have been burying 4 or 5 without reply.
It wasn't a pen though was it?

So disappointing that second half.
Given that we won it can’t be construed as sour grapes to say that the standard of the officials was terrible.
Got to hand it to Cowdenbeath that their fitness was impressive - full of energy right to the finish. I thought they would tire later on the match.

I don't think any of the fringe players will be giving Gerrard a headache after that game.

Wes - shaky
Flanagan - oooft
Lafferty - not good enough tbh
Coulibaly - I don't see whqt he offers

On a positive note I thought Jack had a good game and Katic was decent..

Are you at it or genuinley raging?

Half of them are probably freezing and not looking forward to the drive home.

It's been thoroughly professional and we had the game won after 45 minutes.

I'm not surprised that they've barely bothered to get going in the second half.

Imagine we racked up 12 here and dropped points in our next game?
Freezing %^*& off the fans will be freezing

Professional first half but we took the foot right off in the second.

In the next round of the cup and that is all that matters. Job mostly well done.

Switched off the entire 2nd half and couldn't get going again.
If any of the 8 that came in to impress SG then they have failed.

Professional first half, second half the exact opposite. Some of the passing was atrocious, albeit the pitch did not help. I was more concerned that we would get a serious injury given some of the mamby pamby attempts at tackling. I honestly don't think anyone has made a decent claim for a start in the next match.

While I'm happy enough with getting through to the next round why can't we keep a clean sheet,I know the Ref was a Kant but we have very few clean sheets.

Is it any wonder Thomson is in the Bheasts Hall of Fame.

Seriously how many times has that bastard cheated us.

The worrying thing is, the cheating bastard's not retired yet.

An embarrassment and disgrace to his profession.

NS.

Played well first half. Penalty gave Cowdenbeath a spur and they played well. Thought Katic, Davis and Jack played well. Not pretty but saw the game out with no injuries. Happy with that. First eleven back at weekend for the league. Onwards to next game.

These games are hardly going to be classics, the main thing is we're thorough comfortably with no injuries and got some important minutes into a good few players.

Credit to the fans who went along.

That was a tough watch from the sofa, let alone darkest Fife.

Second half was very poor.

Defoe and Lafferty don’t look like a partnership, but our long punts over the top maybe didn’t help.

I don't mind that we weren't playing at our best in the second half but it was so sloppy that they shouldn't even play like that in a training game.

I don't think any of the fringe players will be giving Gerrard a headache after that game.

Wes - shaky
Flanagan - oooft
Lafferty - not good enough tbh
Coulibaly - I don't see whqt he offers

On a positive note I thought Jack had a good game and Katic was decent..
Add to that McCauley needs a pair of legs he can't fuking run, Halliday had a few schoolboy moments also.

Reactions: dmg
You reckon there is something to read into tonight’s game that’s going to influence the future?
Yes Flanagan Coulibaly not good enough
Davis needs game time can we afford to give him or 6 games to get match sharp.
McAuley looks so one paced.
Middleton is a one trick pony hit by and run he needs to go out on loan and develop more

Professional first half but we took the foot right off in the second.

In the next round of the cup and that is all that matters. Job mostly well done.
Might have been an idea to stick Alfie on for 2nd half, he would have gone at it and kept the intensity going.

Back