Cummings for Ipswich?

Taking the article with a pinch of salt. Ipswich have yet to appoint a new manager after McCarthy left the other week. They are not the sort of club who sign players without the managers approval.

Morelos is definitely the better all-round player, and I fully expect him to be away in the summer for a decent wedge.

Cummings is by far the better finisher, and he carries himself like a Rangers number 9 - he's a cocky wee bastard who just believes he's going to score every time he shoots.

I'd rather see Cummings every week, but maybe that's just cause I like players with that arrogance. Get it over the line now please.

Local Ipswich paper writes an article in favour of Ipswich shocker. What would they even begin to know about what Rangers already have in place with Forest? Unlike the fans of some other clubs, I suspect they aren't consumed with all things Rangers.

Im stunned a load of decent sides aren’t chasing Cummings, from everything I read about him here he seems to be a superstar.

I hope we keep him if the fee is low because I think he has something to offer, however, something tells me he won’t be our main striker when we get 55.

hope we keep him if the fee is low because I think he has something to offer, however, something tells me he won’t be our main striker when we get 55.

You might be right, but I do think he will be our main striker for titles 56-60 just after that :) Still got a lot to learn, but for me he has that same gallusness and eye for goal that McCoist did when he was 21. We will see. Seven goals already suggest he isn't overwhelmed by the weight of the jersey.

You might be right, but I do think he will be our main striker for titles 56-60 just after that :) Still got a lot to learn, but for me he has that same gallusness and eye for goal that McCoist did when he was 21. We will see. Seven goals already suggest he isn't overwhelmed by the weight of the jersey.

Hate to point it out again, but more than half of those 7 came against sides a tier below. You need more than that to fire us to title glory.

Goal scorers aren't easy to come by, we've got one here for a relatively cheap price should we go for him in the Summer, its a no brainer for me.

Wouldn't be surprised if the announcement that we have taken the "buy Cummings & Murphy" option will be made official closer to the share issue / ST renewal stuff.

I would also expect that Cummings will know who the next manager might be, and/or Allen would have told him the odd word about his future.

Back