Cup Final Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
There seem to be dozens on this thread who, for the first time in 20 years, have failed to get a ticket. I've always, always, always been allocated a ticket for games at Hampden. I don't know how many games that is but it's every semi final and final we've played since 2003. So it's odd for me.
Sounds like you've been incredibly lucky up to now mate. I never got one either, so we'll definitely win :D

I didn’t say final though. I said semi final or final.
Knowing my luck (should we make it) I’ll get allocated a ticket to the Scottish Cup final, that I’ll not be able to use.
hopefully they dont give priority to those who missed the final for the semi final cause then that would massively reduce the chance of getting the next final meaning missing 2 finals

Seems to be lots in the same boat, mate. It's almost as if whatever quirk in the system that was giving us tickets has now been addressed!

In fact, is there anyone who has routinely received tickets over 15-20 years who has NOT missed out this time around?
Yeah, me.

I was honestly expecting to not get one this time as I’ve been lucky so far, but I was lucky again. That obviously can’t continue forever though. Around 70% on the CCCS got one so odds are still in your favour.

Yeah, me.

I was honestly expecting to not get one this time as I’ve been lucky so far, but I was lucky again. That obviously can’t continue forever though. Around 70% on the CCCS got one so odds are still in your favour.

I was on 100% success record since the league cup semi-final against Hibs in 2004 up until the league cup semi-final against Hearts. Mad.

Didn’t get one but confident I should pick one up.

The scheme needs changed though. Loyalty needs rewarded. They don’t do reward it in any other way, so do it through tickets.
You turn up for all the home games, that earns the club money. They put you in the ballot. Given the size of our support there are no guarantees. The only thing I'd agree with is a 2 or 3 season countback.

If we implement a loyalty scheme that some are suggesting we will quickly have a closed shop scenario. We must remain inclusive. Why should you be discriminated against because you're younger? Or maybe you couldn't afford a season ticket previously. It has to be done season at a time. You pay your money you get your place in the ballot.

My niece is 14 and got a ticket today as a season ticket holder. Her first old firm final. Her first cup final! That should be celebrated. These kids are our future and have seen nothing but shite in their lifetimes.

That’s pish in all honesty

By your logic why not just open up the ballot to non - ST holders that can’t afford a ST?

Loyalty should be rewarded. Folk that go everywhere should be front of the queue. Those that pick and choose should be in the queue behind those that go everywhere. Simple as that.

That’s pish in all honesty

By your logic why not just open up the ballot to non - ST holders that can’t afford a ST?

Loyalty should be rewarded. Folk that go everywhere should be front of the queue. Those that pick and choose should be in the queue behind those that go everywhere. Simple as that.
You keep saying everywhere mate, away games don't earn the club money from fans.
I mentioned earlier in the thread I'm aware of supporters that buy a ST and CCCS and only attend 'bigger' games.

The clubs should track who is attending - and those with highest attendance get priority. Why should someone that goes to Ibrox every second week miss out to someone that only shows up if we play the beggars or euro games?
They paid their money.

Right boys. I’ve not had an email. Went onto my bank there and Rangers took a payment of £35 has come out my account today.
That must be a ticket.
Surely?

I think it would be £36, my semi-final ticket was £30 + £1 booking fee. Can't think what else it might be mind you.

Wasnt enough tickets for the scottish cup final v Hibs for everyone on scheme.Anytime Hampden is split 50/50 people will miss out.

Edit post : apologies im wrong there about hibs game.
Those that missed out in that 2016 semi final ballot against the scum - got the final

since 2016 I’ve missed out on 2 ballots

2016 semi final v Celtic
this cup final v Celtic

successful in the following ballots

Got the final v Hibernian
Got Semi final v Motherwell
Got semi final v Aberdeen
Got semi final v Celtic
Got semi final v Hearts

Those that missed out in that 2016 semi final ballot against the scum - got the final

2016 semi final v Celtic
this cup final v Celtic

Got semi final v Celtic
Got semi final v Hearts
Missed out on 2 victories then

Some people saying how do you monitor a loyalty scheme.

I went to lazio milan before and you had to show ID along with your ticket to get in to the stadium. I think this was a security thing more than anything else

But that could be a way to make sure the people on the CCCS are using their ticket rather than giving it away to get a loyalty point.
What about if you genuinely can’t make it to a game that you have got a ticket for through CCCS as you can’t do secondary ticketing with CCCS games?
For example I was in New York last week and had tickets for the Hearts game and also the Porto game which I passed on to a mate. If photo id was required I wouldn’t have been able to pass these tickets on and would have been £62 out of pocket and there would have been an empty seat at both these games.

2016 semi final v Celtic
this cup final v Celtic

Got semi final v Celtic
Got semi final v Hearts

that wasn't a cccs ballot in 2016 though

2016 semi final v Celtic
this cup final v Celtic

Got semi final v Celtic
Got semi final v Hearts
Going on your record apart from Hearts semi we can all be glad as you appear to be something of a Jonah.

What about if you genuinely can’t make it to a game that you have got a ticket for through CCCS as you can’t do secondary ticketing with CCCS games?
For example I was in New York last week and had tickets for the Hearts game and also the Porto game which I passed on to a mate. If photo id was required I wouldn’t have been able to pass these tickets on and would have been £62 out of pocket and there would have been an empty seat at both these games.

Same with me for both of these games actually. I’d rather they were used than not used. Folk on here talk about handing tickets back but I don’t think that happens much in practice.

that wasn't a cccs ballot in 2016 though
I thought everybody got a ticket on CCCS for both the semi and the final because there was only around 8000 on it at that time. I got a ticket for both but have not been successful in a ballot for a game against the scum since.

Going on your record apart from Hearts semi we can all be glad as you appear to be something of a Jonah.
I count myself in the same bracket as every other supporter who suffered in these games - out of curiosity how many semi finals and finals have you attended to support the team in this period?:p:D

I count myself in the same bracket as every other supporter who suffered in these games - out of curiosity how many semi finals and finals have you attended to support the team in this period?:p:D
Them all. But I was at Warburton semi we won and Hearts so it's not my fault.

2016 semi final v Celtic
this cup final v Celtic

Got semi final v Celtic
Got semi final v Hearts

2016 STH ballot saw 22k balloted once the CCCS had theirs, there was no ballot for CCCS for either as just 11k

Them all. But I was at Warburton semi we won and Hearts so it's not my fault.
Outwith the ballot I was at the 2016 semi final against them in hospitality at £300 a pop with 29 members club- so I’m level pegging- unless you want to up the ante and consider the final against Peterhead :D:D

9 in my ‘group’ only 2 tickets via the ballot. All CCCS most retained (including me) through the ‘banter’ years. System requires a change but not sure how I would say that length of time in CCCS should have a bearing in allocating tickets.

Some people saying how do you monitor a loyalty scheme.

I went to lazio milan before and you had to show ID along with your ticket to get in to the stadium. I think this was a security thing more than anything else

But that could be a way to make sure the people on the CCCS are using their ticket rather than giving it away to get a loyalty point.

Good luck at 15 minutes before KO when 70% of bears try to get in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back