Dan Walker to leave Football Focus / Alex Scott appointed

Dan Walker is to step down from presenting BBC's Football Focus at the end of the season after 12 years in the role.

(Will allow him to devote more time to criticising Rangers fans)
I had an argument with him on Twitter a few years ago, he said that Arsenal should spend more money and not every team ends up like Rangers he got absolutely slaughtered for saying that, wanker!

What did he say about us??
The Saturday after 55 there was a piece on us, showed the fans outside at the St Mirren game and in George Sq. Walker made a comment before the film along the lines of “Rangers fans ignoring social distancing guidelines and current Government advice to stay at home”

Didn’t think the comment had any place on a football programme, don’t recall him having anything similar to say after both Liverpool and Leeds fans gathered to celebrate their team’s achievements last season.

I don’t watch any of his other output but I’ll happily stand corrected if he prefaced any news items about a BLM rally or the Sarah vigil with similar comments

Chris McLaughlin? At least it'll give him a nice cozy studio to slag us off from instead of his roundabout.

My dislike for him goes back further. When we got back up Football Focus done a preview of the first Old Firm game. He gave it all the Glasgow Derby pish, and to paraphrase “the first Rangers Celtic game in “X” years, or as many people consider it the first ever meeting between the two clubs”. Might even have been the Scottish Cup semi. Just no need for it and pandering to the the bitter mhank extremist mindset.

If Walker's leaving Football Focus there must be a presenting job going at 'Songs Of Praise'. Sick of hearing or reading that he regards himself as a 'Christian'. It's now getting as tedious as Frank Skinner telling all and sundry that he is a 'Practising Roman Catholic' and is now 'Teetotal and a reformed alcoholic' verbatim.

What ever happened to 'no self-disclosure' by presenters and performers? They want the public to know certain information about them then start complaining when the media or those on social media intrude on their private lives.

Anything negative he can think of whenever an opportunity arises. Two recent examples:

- Gave it big links over the supporters celebrating 55. Sounded like a script from Pacific Quay CSC. He did that on National (UK wide) news.

- Ran a review of the Scottish season on Football Focus that was a glorification of the scums gallant attempt at Terry Munro. Scarcely mentioned the fact we had just won the SPL title in record time to clinch 55 and S.G's first honours as a manager.

Add that he is thick as pig shit, boring as fook and a future David Icke in the making.
He won’t write the scripts, but he is the fall guy for the scriptwriters.
Whoever takes over will be the next one to hate.

Some wage for a presenter.
Hopefully the first of many talentless employees out the door.

When he hosted BBC breakfast tv, he interviewed Mike Ashley and finished by thanking Ashley for his honest and frank responses. Dan is as weak as water since Ashley had just told him a pack of lies. I have disliked him ever since.

Anything negative he can think of whenever an opportunity arises. Two recent examples:

- Gave it big links over the supporters celebrating 55. Sounded like a script from Pacific Quay CSC. He did that on National (UK wide) news.

- Ran a review of the Scottish season on Football Focus that was a glorification of the scums gallant attempt at Terry Munro. Scarcely mentioned the fact we had just won the SPL title in record time to clinch 55 and S.G's first honours as a manager.

Add that he is thick as pig shit, boring as fook and a future David Icke in the making.

Is he also a writer on Football Focus and/or a producer? Genuinely don't know the answer to this.

Always thought he looked awkward in front of the camera. Which in his line of work is ehm awkward. Anyway 260,000 quid is a joke and another reason the BBC should be shut down. I wonder if this has anything to do with his online fight with Alex Bellfield?

I met Dan when I was involved in filming the pilot of his short lived afternoon game show 'Chase the Case'. I've been on a few game shows and I have to say Dan was very nice and friendly. I won a round on chocolate bars and he laughed at my 'it hit my sweet spot' ad-lib when he asked me about my performance. We also had to film one sequence a few times and each time his hand shake was firm and not sweaty. We also had a bit of banter after the show which usually doesn't happen as 'the talent' is inevitably whipped away by a producer.

tl/dr : he's alright is Dan.

That's not true though. You know that, right?

If you are going to be utterly raging all your life then be sure to get it right sometimes bud.
I don't like the guy. It doesn't send me into a rage or stop.me sleeping, whereas I suspect you lie awake in bed most nights practicing your internet trolling ;)

That wasn't information you provided in your original post as to why there is so much hatred against him.
So sorry. I'll try to consider what sort of post will satisfy ClockworkOrange in future.

To help further his 'pure bile' remark followed his defence of BBC Scotland's attitude towards the club. Anytime I see him discussing us, whether scripted or not, he looks like he's chewing a lemon. Seems to find us distasteful.

Back