Daniel Candeias for £750k

Looked like he had an ice pack on at the end of the game, hopefully its just a precaution.
I think he will become a really important player for us.

he delivers a great cross, a snip at the price, hes been quite consistent too so far

Even when it's not working out for him he doesn't hide. A lot tougher tests to come for him and the rest of the team it has to be said but I'm really happy with what I've seen of Candeias so far and the way the team in general is starting to gel.

Was an excellent cross for Windass today, but I felt a lot of his corners and many of his other crosses were too easy to defend.

I do like the way he doesn't mess about too much with the ball.

Said this first half. As a defender i could defend that all day wih very little bother.

2nd half crosses in earlier, shallower and with pace. Became a real threat

He put in an outstanding shift today,his work rate was top notch as was his assist,really liking this player.

He has a good delivery from wide but the thing that impresses me more is his workrate going back the way and with a full back like Tav behind him who is eager to get forward then it's a blessing.

He put in a pinpoint cross for Krancjar early on which really should have been converted as well. Great at finding a half yard to get his cross in.
That was a belter. Doesn't seem to be a dribbler. Think he got by his man once today and it was coming inside. Hits the 1st man quite a lot but think he will keep getting better

The guys workrate is second to none. A good role model for any youth player looking to break into the first team

I was shocked at the lack of interest when he signed and the idea people made that he was a Portuguese journey man. When I heard him described as a journeyman in Portugal who played so well one season Benfica signed him to stop him playing well against them it struck me of the players rangers and Celtic have done this with they are all ok players and if anything a Portuguese version of this player is going to be way superior to a Scottish version.

For me he is a 7/10 player every week based on his running and all action style alone. You know what your going to get which is decent for a wide player. Add some end product in on any given week and he goes from 7 to 8/9 easily.

Ridiculous bit of business from our manager.

When you look at some of the fees in football these days for absolute bang average players, this makes a mockery.

Best player on the park today. His work rate, delivery and end product is tremendous. You rarely get a foreign player who settles this quick whilst contributing in both an attacking and defensive way.

The lad is also made of steel, hard as nails and just gets what it means to play for Rangers.

Pace, directness, hard working, great attitude. Good control, touch and vision. He's direct, he's clever, he takes no shit. He can go by a man and he's got an end product.
He has been an absolute steal.

Got to be one of Pedro's best signings, never hides and doesn't give up when things ain't going his way, really impressed so far

Really impressed by him

To think some on here had wrote him of before he even played a game
Very true, but bears or not, some on here are complete idiots.
He may not be a superstar but he is more than good enough for the SPFL and at £750k he is a real bargain. I especially like his work rate and ability to do the dirty side of the job, which for a winger isn't always the case.

It's good to see people get behind the manager now.

A few weeks ago the only people speaking up were the doubters. "He's brought in a team of duds" and so on.

It's still early days. No need to blow your load too early. Pedro will be judged by what he's achieved at the end of the season.

I'd say PC has created a lot of value for Rangers this off season. Of course it's early and they may not go on to be as consistently good as they have been to this point but just taking Jack, Morelos and Candeias alone, with a spend of less than 2 million, we'd surely get at least three times that much on these guys alone were they to leave.

Brilliant signing, great at last to have a wide man with a good delivery into the box, also not afraid to have a go with either foot,will get better with every game.

Excellent player who has settled superbly. The guy is brave and works hard can also deliver some fantastic crosses with real pace. However he can also deliver crosses into the box that are floated in. I can't understand why a player floats the ball in allowing defenders and keeper to set themselves easier to deal with it.

Ridiculous bit of business from our manager.

When you look at some of the fees in football these days for absolute bang average players, this makes a mockery.

Best player on the park today. His work rate, delivery and end product is tremendous. You rarely get a foreign player who settles this quick whilst contributing in both an attacking and defensive way.

The lad is also made of steel, hard as nails and just gets what it means to play for Rangers.

Pace, directness, hard working, great attitude. Good control, touch and vision. He's direct, he's clever, he takes no shit. He can go by a man and he's got an end product.
Totally agree, hes a great player!!

Slowly but surely all of Pedro's signings are beginning to come good.
When Pena gets up to speed with our game, I really think we'll have a squad capable of doing something decent.
It's a bit premature to think of winning the title but I genuinely think that Pedro is building a squad that just might be capable in the next year or two.

Back