Daniel Candeias for £750k

He's also a great help to Tav and has made him a better full back.

Another 3 assists between them again yesterday demonstrates just how potent the right side of our team is.

If he continues to progress as he has done - and I've every faith he will - then we'll have some fight on our hands to keep him here any length of time. The guy looks a real gem.

I prefer him being on the park for Rangers to Barrie McKay and I can't understand why anyone wouldn't.

Technically mckays the better player but candeias has a better attitude , more heart and a desire to improve .

If he keeps this up , McKay will soon be forgotten

Top class delivery with a work rate to match.

I like the fact he doesn't take his man on, as soon as he gets the ball it's getting whipped across goal for the strikers.

A proper winger.

Off the ball-10/10

I'm still a bit undecided with him so far. Some encouraging signs and some not so encouraging habits to his game.

I like the style of his crossing when it comes off though.

Technically mckays the better player but candeias has a better attitude , more heart and a desire to improve .

Wouldn't it have been nice to still have McKay on the left with someone to try and compliment our team on the right also....

When was the last time we had a proper winger? Receive the ball, head up, fire one into the box.

Sadly they've became a thing of the past in the modern game.

He was a joy to watch yesterday and will get better as the team continues to improve. How he didn't get motm yesterday ill never know. Proof that the sponsors either don't actually watch the match or are pissed on the hospitality. No disrespect meant to Morelos who also had a good game.

Very impressed with him so far, his celebration to the main stand after the second goal was brilliant as well. He gets it.

Pedro Caixinha was judged before being made official.

Vamos Pedro.
That's alright. You can shit your pants and projectile vomit before a ball has been kicked and after every little negative.
Just don't wait until the start of a decent run of former, and blow loads...

If it's not negative, keep it to yourself.
The Rangers fan mantra.

Great signing looks to be a bargain.

Touch of Novo about him due to his terroir like attitude and likes to stick the foot in as well.

His cross for Windass goal was top drawer.

Never hides , his tracking back is phenomenal as well for a winger the tackle on Holt yesterday back at the corner flag was tremendous.

Took a couple of heavy tackles yesterday. Suspect he'll now be targeted by opposition teams. The Thistle games will tell us.

Obviously bought more for his forward qualities but great that he puts in the work and will track back and do the defensive side

His work rate is excellent and also has an end product to go with it. Doesn't hide and helps tav out too. Our right side of the pitch has been excellent.

Really like McKay technically but I cannot say he's better than Candeias.

You don't play regularly in the top divisions (top two at least) in Portugal, Spain, Turkey, France and Germany - not to mention Portugal U21 and U23 during their 'golden generation - if you don't have something about you.

His work rate really is a great addition to the side.

In terms of his crosses, you would love to see two strikers and the opposite wide player being in the box to attack his crosses balls.

Miller sadly appears allergic to the goal so bizarrely stays away from it most of the time.

Sadly it's usually only Morelos in the box but Windass did well yesterday to get in there for his goal.

Two strikers in there would be very productive though.

A steal. Love the way he races back to cover. Love the way he whips the ball in early. Has to be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Fantastic little player.

Couple of points for me as well;

1. If he was a winger who produced excellent delivery every time like some on this thread seem to want him to, he'd be sold for millions and not 750k, and wouldn't be playing for us at 29. What he does deliver is more than ample for the level we're at. Best crosser of a ball we've had for years.

2. He is CLEARLY being advised to float his corners deep into an area where Alves has already won a fair few headers this season. He's not just choosing to deliver it like that. So, it's not that his corners are poor, rather that he's doing what he's being asked to do. I'm pretty sure he can swing a good corner in too, if need be.

Keep it up Daniel, perform as you have done so far this season for the remainder and you won't be far off POTY.

The guy plays with a lot of passion, and when the team
get used to his crosses and corners he'll be a killer.
Great value for money up till now.

Does what mckay was too lazy to do and tracks back to help his team mates.DC will get better as the weeks and months go by.A good signing so far.

Never hides during a game.

He did against Hibs.

He has been a decent signing but we are in danger of going ott here because we have a player who works hard. His first 3 corners all hit the first opposition player yesterday. He then went onto have a decent enough game, getting 2 assists, no one was outstanding yesterday but he was probably one of our best players overall. I do like him but as a Rangers player i expect more than working hard. Both his assists were inch perfect though. He has to keep that up.

Decent early signs but the acid tests are Celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs and he failed the Hibs one. As several others did too.

We do have to remember we were at home to the weakest team in the league.

Feet on the ground loyal.

Cracking wee player,he puts in some brilliant crosses which look over hit but aren't because the players in the box are not attacking them. I gave RJ MOTM yesterday but he was very close. Nico should have scored from the cross he was on the end of. His corners could be slightly better.

Has the makings of being a great player for us. If he can keep this level up for the season we will be there or thereabouts.

I agree, a great signing. He has terrific energy and no shortage of skill either. Alves, Jack and Morelos also look to be top signings. I still have hopes for the 2 Mexican boys, Dorrans and Cardoso as well.

Mckay is long forgotten for me, Candeias is a much better player

His final ball and corners were poot first half but he was always and option, work rate superb and the cross for the second goal made it easy for Windass to head home, a great wee player but a bit hot headed at times. For 750k how can you argue.

I'm absolutely delighted with the boy,a skilled performer who doesn't know when he's beaten,I had no clue what to expect when we signed him but he's been an unqualified success for me.

I don't think the mentally challengeds will get as much joy down our right flank as in recent seasons, possibly the one concern is he tends to be very aggressive and confrontational when in a physical battle with an opponent and also doesn't like a telling off from Referees,hopefully he can stay on the edge without going over it, knowing what the officials are like in this country.

Would be the 1st man on my team sheet , he is a real team player , has formed a very potent attack minded set up with Tav and helps him out tremendously. If we could get the other side of our team operating as well as the right side we will be much more potent. Hope that Windass or someone else can give the same consistent performance on the left.

Would be the 1st man on my team sheet , he is a real team player , has formed a very potent attack minded set up with Tav and helps him out tremendously. If we could get the other side of our team operating as well as the right side we will be much more potent. Hope that Windass or someone else can give the same consistent performance on the left.
I think we should persevere with Windass on the left, looked very good versus Motherwell, Hearts and yesterday.

If he continues to progress as he has done - and I've every faith he will - then we'll have some fight on our hands to keep him here any length of time. The guy looks a real gem.

The good thing for us is that he's not exactly a young guy, so I can see us keeping him for a few years before he heads back to Portugal to finish his career.

Some of his tackles when tracking back put Tav to shame. Love the wee partnership forming on the right.

An absolute snip. When he first signed, I had a feeling he was going to be shite - given the number of clubs he's had, assumed he was a bit of a journeyman and would be here for 6 months.

How wrong - love his attitude, and his delivery is miles ahead of what we've had recently.

I'm absolutely delighted with the boy,a skilled performer who doesn't know when he's beaten,I had no clue what to expect when we signed him but he's been an unqualified success for me.

I don't think the mentally challengeds will get as much joy down our right flank as in recent seasons, possibly the one concern is he tends to be very aggressive and confrontational when in a physical battle with an opponent and also doesn't like a telling off from Referees,hopefully he can stay on the edge without going over it, knowing what the officials are like in this country.
Better that way than being a timid wee player like McKay etc.weve needed players like him for a while.

Obviously bought more for his forward qualities but great that he puts in the work and will track back and do the defensive side
Yip, often with these types of players you get the forward quality but not the other. The kind of player if I was a manager I'd love in my team.

An absolute snip. When he first signed, I had a feeling he was going to be shite - given the number of clubs he's had, assumed he was a bit of a journeyman and would be here for 6 months.

How wrong - love his attitude, and his delivery is miles ahead of what we've had recently.
Funnily enough, I posted on the old board the opposite. For some reason, without seeing much of him previously, I had a feeling he would be the one that we would be pleasantly surprised about. Came in very quietly, very low profile, just seemed to go about his business.

Better that way than being a timid wee player like McKay etc.weve needed players like him for a while.
McKay could do against the poets when he wanted,he was tripled teamed in the New Year game but he ripped the piss out of the three of them,they booted him up and down the pitch and all three got booked and he just got up and got on with it.

Don't think DC will react to that kind of treatment in the same way,but hopefully he doesn't overstep the mark in his retribution.

Can't believe some off the rubbish I am reading on this thread. McKay is better than him is the craziest of the lot, McKay was found out last season as he did not tackle and created very little. Candeias is a dream, he puts the ball in early, he tackles back, he has the heart of a lion and he has a great understanding with Tav.
Windass is actually perfect on the other steams de as he likes dribbling and beating a man so he is the polar opposite and that can be a good thing for the team.
Candeias so far is a 9/10 for me.

Back