Dean Chalmers every other Saturday acoustic

We hve a huge back catalogue of great, traditional, Rangers songs that are, unfortunately, seldom heard these days. Let's hope Dean and others can bring them up to date and we hear them sung in support of our team.
Absolutely I would love an album of our classics that don't sound too cheesy and dated.

I read that as Dean Saunders for some reason, wondered what the hell was going on for a minute.

We hve a huge back catalogue of great, traditional, Rangers songs that are, unfortunately, seldom heard these days. Let's hope Dean and others can bring them up to date and we hear them sung in support of our team.
The version the club play of EOS is unforgivably bad. It's far far far too fast. Also FF us a disastrous effort. Singers voice is too high as it is with all of his efforts. Time for a change. Thus guy is perfect to replace them and get us back in course with matchday songs. 4 lads, EOS, TBSOI and from a selfish point of view PRW and maybe even living our dream which I think he would absolutely smash.

Come on Rangers, get this done. Let's go

Good songs back in the day, although I remember one of them had some Warburton loving lyrics so I probably stopped listening.

Great voice, great song, a little too much reverb on the vocal recording which he didn’t need as his voice is strong enough without it.
It’s a Yes from me

Reactions: WBD
Should be played at Ibrox. Made the hairs on my arms stand up ! Brilliant version.
Also looking forward to hearing the rest of his new Rangers song which he played a small snippet at the end of the video, this line is a belter..."But I did watch my father wearing that same blue top as me" Cant wait to belt that out at Ibrox!

There is a Liverpool supporting musician Jamie Webster, he recorded thier version of ESWF for charity. He performs in front of Liverpool supporters at what they call Boss night. I think he must mix it up with covers and Liverpool songs (I may be wrong) Also not sure if there are a group of musicians who share the stage.

Not sure if Dean is too busy (or interested) to do this sort of thing, or if indeed there would be enough interest from bears. I know I would love this sort of thing, where it would be all about Rangers.

Is there any way to download this? Looked on Spotify but it's just his dance stuff.

The version the club play of EOS is unforgivably bad. It's far far far too fast. Also FF us a disastrous effort. Singers voice is too high as it is with all of his efforts. Time for a change. Thus guy is perfect to replace them and get us back in course with matchday songs. 4 lads, EOS, TBSOI and from a selfish point of view PRW and maybe even living our dream which I think he would absolutely smash.

Totally agree mate.

That's the reason I joined mate. I was pissed one night and was curious about how you all feel about Gerrard and our youngsters .

Well the great news is that we don’t need to bullshit you -
Gerrard is absolutely loved here as I’m sure you’ve noticed.
Both of the youngsters started slowly but they have improved almost by the week & are doing a really great job, not just in Scotland but even in the Europa League. Ryan Kent has been MOTM in the last two matches for instance.
And even Flanagan has been a good solid acquisition. Not the fastest but he’s been very reliable as a defender.
Final point, even Steven Gerrards backroom team have been excellent. It’s always hard to know exactly what they do behind the scenes but I think Michael Beale sets the detailed tactics & Jordan Milsom ( Performance Director ) is in charge of having the players ready ( both fitness & performance wise ) when selected & they both seem to be doing a really top job for our club.
Things are very much on the up. :D

Well the great news is that we don’t need to bullshit you -
Gerrard is absolutely loved here as I’m sure you’ve noticed.
Both of the youngsters started slowly but they have improved almost by the week & are doing a really great job, not just in Scotland but even in the Europa League. Ryan Kent has been MOTM in the last two matches for instance.
And even Flanagan has been a good solid acquisition. Not the fastest but he’s been very reliable as a defender.
Final point, even Steven Gerrards backroom team have been excellent. It’s always hard to know exactly what they do behind the scenes but I think Michael Beale sets the detailed tactics & Jordan Milsom ( Performance Director ) is in charge of having the players ready ( both fitness & performance wise ) when selected & they both seem to be doing a really top job for our club.
Things are very much on the up. :D

Nice to see everybody is happy up there. I may try and get up one day ss Ive never been to Glasgow. Never been to Scotland come to think of it. Ive heard you all speak about Flannagans tackle last week but cant find it on youtube. Hes git a bit if the old school about him a bit like Andy Robbo for us . Against Spurs at Anfield Flanno went in for a 50/50 won it and it got the crowd going and from that monent you could see Spurs werent up for it. Oh and its so nice to have a Scottish accent back in our team. Our heritage as a club depended on Scottish players at the very beggining we were known as a team full of Macs.

Nice to see everybody is happy up there. I may try and get up one day ss Ive never been to Glasgow. Never been to Scotland come to think of it. Ive heard you all speak about Flannagans tackle last week but cant find it on youtube. Hes git a bit if the old school about him a bit like Andy Robbo for us . Against Spurs at Anfield Flanno went in for a 50/50 won it and it got the crowd going and from that monent you could see Spurs werent up for it. Oh and its so nice to have a Scottish accent back in our team. Our heritage as a club depended on Scottish players at the very beggining we were known as a team full of Macs.

Yes, you’ve had a few of the best Scots over the years Cassady. Shankley, Souness, Dalglish three obvious examples of course.
But you’re point about Flanagan is really true. Guys like him give the crowd a massive lift with a crunching tackle & the mentally weaker players then get a lift knowing 50,000 bears have got their backs .........
If you’re looking to get up let me know mate. There are 6 of us with season tickets & if any of the guys aren’t going you can have their ticket.
;)

Yes, you’ve had a few of the best Scots over the years Cassady. Shankley, Souness, Dalglish three obvious examples of course.
But you’re point about Flanagan is really true. Guys like him give the crowd a massive lift with a crunching tackle & the mentally weaker players then get a lift knowing 50,000 bears have got their backs .........
If you’re looking to get up let me know mate. There are 6 of us with season tickets & if any of the guys aren’t going you can have their ticket.
;)

Is right for the ticket shout. If I do come up it well be next year. Iam off to see us play in Belgrade via Budapest and Ive got one eye on the PSG game in Paris too. Then its my little girls birthday just before Christmas and then Christmas. But yes. I would love to go to Glasgow at some point .

Is right for the ticket shout. If I do come up it well be next year. Iam off to see us play in Belgrade via Budapest and Ive got one eye on the PSG game in Paris too. Then its my little girls birthday just before Christmas and then Christmas. But yes. I would love to go to Glasgow at some point .

Well seriously. The offers there mate. I mean it. Might be hard if we’re playing The other team from Glasgow ( even if they won’t admit it ) but apart from that we will sort something out.
And many of us are hoping for a Rangers & Liverpool double this year :D

That reminds me of Scott Hutchison from frightened rabbit.

That is very, very high praise.

Well seriously. The offers there mate. I mean it. Might be hard if we’re playing The other team from Glasgow ( even if they won’t admit it ) but apart from that we will sort something out.
And many of us are hoping for a Rangers & Liverpool double this year :D

Thanks again. A Liverpool / Rangers double would be something to celebrate. Apart from us fans Gerrard would be ecstatic.

Thanks again. A Liverpool / Rangers double would be something to celebrate. Apart from us fans Gerrard would be ecstatic.

He would. And if he achieved that for us given where we have been in recent years I’m pretty sure that the vast majority of bears fans would be over the moon in his own team winning the league too. I know at least one of the guys on here has done the bet with the bookies actually :D

Would love to hear you & him on an album WBD. I think it would sell really really well.

Would love to hear you & him on an album WBD. I think it would sell really really well.
Very difficult to sell music these days. I had proposed to the club, approaching our 140 year, to do Rangers history Commemorative CD. Songs celebrating all events and players throughout our history. Getting proper musicians and song writers. It was never taken on. Maybe for 150 :)

Very difficult to sell music these days. I had proposed to the club, approaching our 140 year, to do Rangers history Commemorative CD. Songs celebrating all events and players throughout our history. Getting proper musicians and song writers. It was never taken on. Maybe for 150 :)

That’s really disappointing. For maybe 12 quid or so I’d think it would be a great Xmas gift that could sell 5-10,000 mate ?
I know Spotify etc is taking over but I think even getting you guys on the park just before a game or at HT & getting some publicity for it would get most bears interested.

Looks like Dean is ready to go. He posted this on his Facebook page and has set up a special page for his Rangers stuff. The Ibrox Vox.

Rangers followers. Something BIG is coming... And it looks like it's not gonna be long. You will only find it here so I've been told: The Ibrox Vox ⚪ #StevieGSong #LetsGo #TheIbroxVox

Back