Do you have a Rangers Tattoo or thinking of getting one?

Have the rangers ready badge on my left side of my chest, needing a touch up with the colour tho as its looking faded after 20 years

On Monday 6th January 1975 my late mate had Glasgow Rangers Champions 74/75 tattooed on his upper left arm after we had beaten the dhims 3-0 on the Saturday. We loved his confidence but thought he was mad but he knew better :) It cost the total sum of £2.25 and was done by Billy Hooper in Hamilton. Sadly no longer with us but he was so proud of that tattoo and showed it off everywhere we went for years, except for anywhere near his family as he was born a Tim but died a True Blue. GBNF Jim.

So Professional these days. Older Bears will remember all the Indian ink homemade Rangers/Loyalist jobs. I would relate these more to the 70's.

You had everything, Uneven, different sized letters, less colorful, short, and mainly on the forearms, fingers knuckles, and wrists.

RFC, Rangers, Rangers Fc, some with small union jacks, FTP (admin delete if not allowed). But it was a popular tattoo back in the day. No surrender,

A lot would also have 1690 alongside them.

A big favourite was the King Billy tattoo with No Surrender 1690.

Remembering these tattoos is like todays thread remembering the piggery from years ago.

Long before Tattoos were called Tatts and seen to be trendy :D

Have quite a few, the first one I got is the old badge with the crest in the shield with the ball above it,
Five union jack stars,
Union jack lion rampant on my leg,
My supporters club badge,
55 with let's go underneath,
Smiley face with the bucket hat,
GPS co ordinates of my seat at Ibrox,
Booked for another in a couple of weeks time, the RFC mosaic that's on the steps of the main stand on my calf
Have a couple more I would like to get done in the future as well

Got lots of tattoos but no rangers ones. Closest I came was nearly getting Nod Flenders a few years ago after the infamous post on here. Wife talked me out of it.

Anybody with tattoos by Terry Wrigley if able to can you dm me the pics please :) pals with his son Steven ( who has his own shop Irezumi on dowanhill street, Partick) he’d love to see them. Cheers

Last edited:
Got 2 badges on my arm and true blue written either side of one and the 5 star’s above the other. Also have heart/hand/sword/shield on the back of my calf.

Would actually really love everyone's opinion because I wanted to get one for my late Dad (of the badge) just have no idea where to put it if anyone has any ideas

Would actually really love everyone's opinion because I wanted to get one for my late Dad (of the badge) just have no idea where to put it if anyone has any ideas
My advice is do not get it on show for all to see. My only regret is having mine on forearm. Remember it is a personal detail.

RFC badge at top of my arm.
Got it done over 20yr ago, colour's faded a bit and keep meaning to get it re coloured.

Got 9 in total. Obviously the RFC Crest on my hand and quotes on my arms of We Welcome The Chase, We've Got The Battle Fever On and Rangers Then, Rangers Now,Rangers Forever. Daft? Probably.

Back years ago the only 2 tattoo shops in Glasgow were Terry’s or Johnnys.
Some change now with one in nearly every village !
Got one done by Johnny over 35 years ago and it still looks like a fairly recent tattoo ,had a couple done a decade ago over here and they are in worse shape than first one.

Tattoo artist who had a shop in the Trongate.

He used to be *the* place to go for a tattoo
I got a fairly terrible Rangers crest on my shoulder blade from Terry around 2002.

Really should cover it up!

Latest posts

Back