Do you know more Rangers fans or Celtic fans?

More us or them fans that you know

• Rangers

Votes: 1,436 92.2%
  • Them

Votes: 86 5.5%
  • other

Votes: 36 2.3%

• Total voters

Followbear93

A bit of a debate, always remember King saying that " we could miss a generation of fans"
theirs no way of seeing who has the larger fan base, we can argue all day with them but i'd like to know if you know more Rangers fans or them?

Unfortunately adding family and friends up its more them than us in my circle, was wondering what yours is?

Much more bears as I tend not to keep mentally challengeds as mates. My work is also surprisingly staunch for the most part.

They might have had a bigger brand these last few years due to on field success and CL exposure, but there is also absolutely no doubt that we have a lot more ‘boots on the ground’ supporters in Scotland and the UK. It’s not even close.

Know quite a lot, my town (and surrounding) seems to be very split amongst my generation with us, them & St Mirren fans.

It’s probably even between us & them, with St Mirren fans making up about 25% of people I know with a few Aberdeen, Motherwell & Hearts fans (bizarre I know).

Over the course of it I obviously know more bears through Rangers games or such, speaking geographically though I would say it’s even. Met a bitter one last night, got all excited when I could give her some stick.

See quite a few at houses or football due to friend groups but will only go out my way to speak to the decent ones.

Last edited:
I live I E. Lothian having moved here a few years ago.
Know only two folk that I know to be Bears, but a range of supporters of other clubs.
Have no social interaction with any scum supporters.

I have one tim friend.....only contact I have with him is through WhatsApp.

Generally I don't associate with or engage with the diseased .

The majority of my friends are fellow bears

I'm from Cumbernauld this town feels like it's full of them tho someone told me this isn't the case,I've lived in Carbrain and Greenfaulds all my life so maybe I've just been unlucky !

Bumping into mentally challengeds that grew up with me, occasionally in passing and only a couple of token Timothies in my work, thats the extent of my interaction with them, thankfully.

Rangers fans by quite some distance. Obviously that’s massively helped by travelling to games etc on bus. Add in school etc which was a very high % of us. As others have said nearly all of my friends are Rangers supporters

Id imagine you ask this on a Celtic forum the vast majority would be them also.

I know a lot of people that claim to be Ayr fans but never understand why their crowds were so low. Whilst I'm not saying all these people are tims, the majority are Natsis so are Rangers haters, in my opinion

Of course I know more bears living a less than half hour walk to Ibrox but I do have a few tim friends. To be fair we are brutal with eachother at the times but we get along just fine.

A bit of a debate, always remember King saying that " we could miss a generation of fans"
theirs no way of seeing who has the larger fan base, we can argue all day with them but i'd like to know if you know more Rangers fans or them?

Unfortunately adding family and friends up its more them than us in my circle, was wondering what yours is?
Since the potato famine intake, they only have about 20% of the population now.
There may seem more of the unwashed to the public eye,as they wear their mentally challenged tuxedos constantly everyday and they look plentiful in our city and village high streets.
But one green and grey strip on the street for hours,visiting social workers,Benefit offices,Court building,Wetherspoons,Ladbrokes,Greggs,Wedding or Funeral is still only one green and grey cult member.
So they are not a rash on Scotland's skin, mearly a few warts.

Last edited:
Wife's family. Still got a few mates that I've grown up with that support them. Most support us.

As for the missed generation comment - perhaps this is the case but not in my experience. I support Rangers as does my Dad, as did my Grandfather and Great Grandfather. My boys support Rangers. It's handed down. One of my earliest memories is watching the Skol Cup final against Celtic on the telly with my grandpa and my dad. It won't skip a generation unless we allow it.

What I have noticed in recent years is that hardly any Rangers strips are worn by boys in my eldest sons team - 2004s- English clubs, Spanish clubs, PSG etc are prevalent. However there are much more Rangers strips worn in my other son's 2013 team. Might be parents, might be the issues Dave King spoke off.

I'm from Cumbernauld this town feels like it's full of them tho someone told me this isn't the case,I've lived in Carbrain and Greenfaulds all my life so maybe I've just been unlucky !
Think it’s probably split half and half in cumbernauld mate, I’m in greenfaulds but know a lot of both sets of fans all over cumbernauld, the village is a big rangers area and that’s where I am mostly, the Burroughs pub next to the chippy in carbrain is a rangers boozer aswel, condorrat is infested with they bastards but

Hardly know any of them, school was majority Rangers then I’ve worked outside of Scotland for the last 12 years.

I am from the east end of Glasgow, almost a stones throw away from the cesspit. In my friends group it's at least 80% Rangers supporters and always was about that number growing up as well.

You just notice them more because they wear the same clothes all the time. A sellik tap with huge hash bomber holes all over it.

I’m in Loyalist Mosspark just next to Ibrox, 3 churches in the area and a Jehovah hall with the closest chapel in Cardonald. Majority of Mosspark are Rangers fans.

I went to Lourdes Secondary school, you’d be surprised the amount of Rangers fans in there as well. I used to have the sash as my ring tone in school back in the early 2000s and would love getting a wee impromptu phone call during class.

Only know one whose son goes to the same school as my son - ironically is a coe school. He is so bitter he refused for his son to go to training session with local non league team Stafford Rangers. My next door is a bear & he teaches with one who says that we only won to make the league more interesting so can get more money when the tv deal is renewed!

Last edited:
Back