Do you think we can get Gilmour on Loan?

Should we try for Billy Gilmour for a seasons loan ?

• Yes or No

• Yes or No

Results are only viewable after voting.
If he were to come on loan I think the fee would be expensive (Duffster) and it would be a must play deal.....so I'm out, we have our own talent pool.

Story I heard was West Ham were wanting him on loan if Rice goes.

Leicester also keen.

Chelsea want it to be a top half EPL team.
Chelsea were after Declan rice. If they go for him then billy on loan might be part of the deal

can’t see Chelsea wanting to send a him up here so he can get kicked all over the pitch unless they’re trying to harden him up for future

Very unlikely. Chelsea would want him playing at as high a level as possible and it won't be the SPFL. The only benefit for Chelsea is our European involvement.

giphy.gif

The quicker people realise that Billy Gilmour views himself as a few levels above our tin pot league the better.

He isn’t interested in Rangers.

For what it’s worth, no. We’re now above developing EPL players. Either develop our own or sign someone else on a permanent deal.
Having said that, maybe yes. Maybe no though.

When Tuchel first came in and made it apparent that Gilmour wasn't in his immediate plans, he did say a loan was a good possibility. He also said it wouldn't be to Rangers/Scotland.

I'm confident with the infrastructure we have in place now there's quite rightly no place for lazy "Sellik like" loan signings such as this...

Unless there's scope to sign permanently we won't be resorting ourselves to loan signings & rightly so.

Reports suggest he is considering going on loan to get more game time.

I know the argument about improving someone else’s player rather than playing one of our own.

However we know the rewards that beckon next season winning the League means automatic qualification and the riches of the Champions League. More than that under Gerrard I think we would be an acceptable club for a loan spell for Chelsea, our League aspirations and our European form over the last three seasons.

I think Gilmour is destined for greatness and it would excite our support to have such a super talent at Ibrox next year. We have used the loan system before with Gerrard and I would be surprised if he was not interested in Gilmour.

Yes or No?
I was undecided so ticked both options in your poll

Why does this boy who left us for Chelsea keep coming up on this forum let it go.
His allegiances don't lie with us, and his old man is a bitter mentally challenged.
Good luck and farewell.

NO - dont want any loan signings and being dictated to how many games they must play etc look at the difference in our own team this year and err how that lot gone on with loan players ;-)

Could we? I think that part of the question is a yes, but I don't see the benefit to us at all. Maybe a year or two ago, but going into this influential season I don't see why we should be getting loanees unless we are looking to actually sign them up later. It's a no for me.

I’d take him surely but I wouldn’t be paying silly money on a loan fee or wages.

It would need to be a good deal both ways as we would be helping develop the young man further & it would help Chelsea either to cash in on him @ end of season or prepare him for their X 11.

BG would fit perfectly into our playing style. I’d be excited to see him come back for a season or 2.

Reports suggest he is considering going on loan to get more game time.

I know the argument about improving someone else’s player rather than playing one of our own.

However we know the rewards that beckon next season winning the League means automatic qualification and the riches of the Champions League. More than that under Gerrard I think we would be an acceptable club for a loan spell for Chelsea, our League aspirations and our European form over the last three seasons.

I think Gilmour is destined for greatness and it would excite our support to have such a super talent at Ibrox next year. We have used the loan system before with Gerrard and I would be surprised if he was not interested in Gilmour.

Yes or No?
We are beyond the stage of taking on teams’ players to develop them. No thanks.

Again with this pish, he's a Chelsea player who was a youth with us but chose to leave, no no and again no
Lets develop our own

I was allowed multiple options so I voted yes and no and yes and no again. However Im starting to think I jumped the gun here.

From a footballing perspective I think he would be excellent here, central midfield is an area we have been short on this season and he would probably do really well for us.

But from a business perspective it would be a bad decision, as others have mentioned Chelsea would probably want something like a £3m loan fee, also his salary at Chelsea is thought to be about £43k per week, we would probably need to pay that which is another £2.2m over 12 months.

To have him here for a season would cost us over £5m and we would have nothing to show for it at the end, we would be better using that money signing another good youngster who we would actually own and would have resale value.

I voted yes and then no then I thought about it and voted yes, thought about it again and voted no. Then I decided that I was undecided.

Back