Duff and Duffer trial

How many Hospitals, Schools etc etc could have been built with all that taxpayers cash ?
No outcry from the usual places ?
no ?
anyone ?
All that time, effort and money trying to murder an institution out of sheer hatred and envy.
How many ferries could have been built.

Oh wait, that's a shite argument as they have managed to fek that up as well.

For me this whole mess primarily sits at the door of HMRC, this tax case farce has achieved absolutely nothing and in the end and left them and the public purse out of pocket.

Millions spent on court cases, Whyte withholding £9.5m and the money they are alleged to have turned down to settle the case originally all gone just for them to walk away with a few pence in the pound after over a decade.

The excuse that they pursued Rangers so that they could go after other clubs and companies has been shot to bits as well, in 3 years we've seen zero from them on that front.

They settled with Arsenal over EBT use years before our case as well but told Rangers they don't do deals?

The whole thing was nothing more than a total farce and the stupid amounts being paid out in compensation to the people at Duffy and Duffer is the icing on top of the cake.
Instigator The Right Honourable John Reid MP . He told the filth AGM that he was going to nail Rangers to the floor , which he certainly did .

Instigator The Right Honourable John Reid MP . He told the filth AGM that he was going to nail Rangers to the floor , which he certainly did .
But we got back up again and instead he has helped to cause the tax payer millions and millions of pounds! He probably thought his effort was worth it the scummy bassa?

Interesting choice of words.
"Nail the three Duff & Phelps people" appeared in Crown Office meeting notes and helped convict the Crown for malicious prosecution. I wonder if the notes reveal who said the words, and I wonder how close the person who used them is to John Reid.

The only names that come up when accountability for the malicious prosecutions is hinted at are Jim Robertson and his sidekick Jacqueline O'Neil. David Grier believes their actions amount to criminal conduct. Are these two to be the fall guys in the public inquiry?
We all know it goes much higher than the two leading the police investigation. And laughably it is revealed both have been promoted since the fiasco. Well who would promote people like that? It's clear they are being looked after.
It is obvious to me that Scotland's civic society is riven with anti Rangers prejudice, and led by tribal morons who feel taking "revenge" over imagined past injustices is completely justifiable.
The last paragraph sums up Scotland in a nutshell, sadly.

@mdingwall Have to say I’m a little bit concerned as to where the latest story about the sheriff and court clerks being biased might be heading.
Clearly an attempt to deflect responsibility away from the real culprits at HMRC and end the fiscal’s office who were our enemies and handled this in a shocking manner designed to kill the club.
The decisions of relatively low officials such as sheriffs and court clerks should not have had any real bearing on the outcomes.
But it looks like possibly the senior law officials want others to be targeted rather than them.

Looks like you were bang on the money Coisty .

Looks like you were bang on the money Coisty .
Seen these types of cases too often before.

I also predicted the cops would be allowed to retire on full pension in return for their silence.

The real scandal here is that the senior law officers accepted malicious prosecution

Such a decision removed, any chance of claims of negligence in civil actions that could have affected their personal wealth.

Much easier to look to blame lowly officials for minor errors and make the taxpayer pay the bill rather than run the risk of defending professional negligence claims made from financial professional firms.

There are a few supposed legal experts on here who keep telling me that couldn’t happen. Let’s put it this way, I have seen this movie before..

And mark my words, any subsequent inquiry will be toothless with key figures having no incentive to cooperate.
That of course is, if any inquiry happens at all.

Last edited:
The old company should be suing both HMRC and whoever else involved (such as Reid) for corporate bias, criminality and loss of earnings. Dunno what the appetite would be but surely something must be done?

The old company should be suing both HMRC and whoever else involved (such as Reid) for corporate bias, criminality and loss of earnings. Dunno what the appetite would be but surely something must be done?
Sadly, although significant sums have been recouped, Oldco only exists in a format where it will repay creditors a percentage of what they are owed.
Millions have been made by the liquidators and their final report is not far off.
There may be aome comment in there about other paths that could have been followed.
But it is highly unlikely they will criticize anybody or any institution - apart from where they battled successfully for recompense.
However, the liquidators’ job is done and there is no structure left to resurrect.

Hmrc should be investigated thats where this all started. Test case they said and yet not went after any others that I've seen and if they have where is all the it will cost 100 million etc.

Surely even SNP can’t put all blame regarding £100m of tax payers money being wasted because a guy sang “Billy Boys”.

Like most I'm confused what side I'm supposed to be on. The criminals who were involved in trying to kill our club or the criminals who prosecuted them/tried to fit them up/tried to kill our club.
I think it's absolutely clear that we should be with the Crown and disappointed with the outcome - at it's simplest, the charges are that those charged conspired with Whyte to fraudulently obtain the club and condemned Rangers into all sorts of sh1t......

I don't really understand why people are whining about the Scottish government when government and judiciary are meant to be independent of each other (?).

I think it's absolutely clear that we should be with the Crown and disappointed with the outcome - at it's simplest, the charges are that those charged conspired with Whyte to fraudulently obtain the club and condemned Rangers into all sorts of sh1t......

I don't really understand why people are whining about the Scottish government when government and judiciary are meant to be independent of each other (?).
Meant to be. Appointments by Nicola prove not.

Interesting comment from Russell Findlay at the end there - I wonder if this will provoke a response from the SNP.
The SNP are devoid of a lot of things and they will bring Scotland to it's knees with their reckless financial manoeuvrings.

Whoever made that decision should be accountable for it, it seems it’s just been swept under the carpet.
That decision was always going to be swept under the carpet, as it was made at such a high level the real decision makers needed to be protected!!

As usual the reporting anything to do with Raners is pathetic.

The media are more interested in people wearing Rangers scarves, photoed outside Ibrox, photoed inside Ibrox, attending Rangers functions, singing Rangers songs etc

What was the actual malicious prosecution ? What were they charged with ? Why was it malicious ? I can guess, but I might be wrong.

Can anyone explain this to me ? I'm not getting it from newspapers, or any of the multitude of tweets, blogs etc.

A couple of queries, if anyone could answer?

1) Had the criminal charges being upheld against Whyte, Green etc then what would the repercussions for the club have been? Would that potentially have been a worse state of affairs, in terms of the ownership of the club being up in the air, and opened up a whole fresh batch of legal issues?

2) With regards the original Sevco5088 company, why did £10m come off the Debtor value at the last set of accounts?

Exactly the way it isn’t in Scotland.
Losing evidence?
More lenient sentencing for scum offences?

Tax and NI at prevailing rates at the time would be little more than £20m.

HMRC calculated our tax due on a "grossing up" basis, essentially near doubling the tax they say we were due and added some £25m of penalties and fines on top bringing total bill to £73m.

Of this BDO have successfully challenged the penalties and fines and had around £25m removed.

BDO further disagree with the "grossing up" method applied, have contested it with a view to halving it reduced by around a half, and even some 10 years later it has not been settled.

Absolute stitch up from the start, HMRC likely could have collected most, or possibly all the tax and NI had they adopted a different stance, they chose the most aggressive approach imaginable and got almost nothing, yet nobody seems to care, or question their approach.

I can only wonder why!

The whole thing is an absolute scandal. Did we ever hear from hmrc why they applied such penalties and explain their grossing up process?

Totally agree, the influence that rat had knew no bounds.
I think that speech of his has been deleted, I remember seeing it at the time but since then no footage???
Hate hate hate that sexual pervert

In layman's terms ,malcolm Murray was allegedly told he was a chancer.
This has cost the government more than it could have gained from lost tax revenue.
Utter shambles driven by bigotry and hate

Please excuse my failing memory & I've 'speed scanned' the previous 9 pages & may have missed it- but didn't this guy do a disappearing act for a long period ?
If so these 'hold-up / delay' headlines aren't exactly / entirely the fault of others are they ?

Last edited:
Funny guy is mad Imran.

As big a chancer in the financial world as you’ll possibly ever imagine.

If he wins this thing, we can say for an absolute certainty that the Scottish Judicial System is in absolute tatters and is irrevocably and irreparably damaged.

The witch-hunt against Rangers Football Club carries on, and the favourable behaviour towards known scumbags and fraudsters continues.

Thanks a lot you fucking morons.

Funny guy is mad Imran.

As big a chancer in the financial world as you’ll possibly ever imagine.

If he wins this thing, we can say for an absolute certainty that the Scottish Judicial System is in absolute tatters and is irrevocably and irreparably damaged.

The witch-hunt against Rangers Football Club carries on, and the favourable behaviour towards known scumbags and fraudsters continues.

Thanks a lot you fucking morons.

business people don't go to jail and the courts are rigged on their behalf.

the system has been captured

I can't say I've read everything there is to read on this topic - but has Imran Ahmad ever explained why he disappeared for a long period after this fiasco first came to light ?

Back