MOTM Poll Dundee Utd v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't get the mix in midfield. Not one of them is a player to get in the box and play off the strikers. All they are going to do is pass sideways. Be lucky to get 10 goals a season between them. I don't know if Roofe is injured or not but we're crying out for his sharpness in and around the box.

Dont think it will happen but Bassey, Patterson and Kelly should start ahead of Tav, Barisic and Lundstram on Tuesday.

Lundstram has yet to demonstrate he is on an even level with Zungu never mind being a first team starter
Not on Tuesday, you’re just being silly.
Also, ffs give the new player a chance.

That’s my concern as well. Has complacency crept in after last season? I didn’t think it would since there are still plenty of things this squad hadn’t achieved, but on the evidence of what we’ve seen so far this season, we look really off it.
I think there was always a concern that, after such an epic season, could the same players go to the same level & find the same desire again, especially if at the back of their mind some are potentially looking to move on.

I guess that's why teams at the top tend to strengthen when they are there - fresh legs, fresh ambition.

Starting Morelos (who had a good first half)with a view to the Malmo game was just daft the management team took their eye off the ball.
Roofe and Itten and Wright should have played as they have been scoring pr-season and Roofe/Wright scored in the first game.
Roofe wasn't available ! Family issue apparently.

really interested to hear what Gerrard says now. since we won the league we’ve been shite. anyone saying otherwise is deluded
Back to deluded pi55.
Well, I’m deluded then.
We were not, not shite against Celtic or Aberdeen to start with.
We won all bar one game.
How can that be shite.

That was a poor performance from everyone on the pitch. No excuses for any of them. Looks like they thought playing at 60% would be enough to get through game. The problem is when you start with that attitude then having to step up a gear is a challenge. Too many players with their eye on Malmo game not good enough. Every game should be 100% from the off and the next game takes care of itself. Saying that I can see a huge improvement come Tuesday and players finding their form in which will be a massive game for them.

Roofe wasn't available ! Family issue apparently.
Yes, mate never knew that was informed earlier by a poster who saw this as an opportunity to come across as the big man, he could have been sensible like you have been and pointed it out the correct way.

Another lack lustre performance.
Just not good enough,the players need a good boot up the arse by the gaffer.

Lundstram is typical of a player who comes up to Scotland not understanding the pace of the game. He thinks he will get the same space/time as England.
Gerrard should have seen this quicker today , he was an empty jersey.

Hard to disagree with that. You would think he would understand it as it is what Sheffield United did to better teams.

Lundstram nowhere near good enough for us young Kelly would do more for our midfield than this guy. Slow & Lazy never makes a tackle.
Typical start of season pantywetter post, give the guy a break he has only played a few games so far. Judge him once he has played a significant amount of gamea.

Where am I not giving him a chance?

Iv said we need to get improvement for Tuesday as the players mentioned have been poor thus far
Comparing him negatively to Zungu after three games, one in which he did nothing wrong, is giving him a chance?
Okay, I’m sorry, I got it wrong.

The difference in the 2 teams was hunger and desire. They probably had only one shit on target but they fought for every ball.
We had too many players cruising and more than a couple a shadow of themselves.
Absolute gash in every dept.

Came up against a team who did not park the bus and harried us all game.
At their goal Tav failed to track the scorer,albeit the ball that reached him was a bit fortunate.
Kent did not do anything worth keeping him on so long.
The ref done not much wrong,tried to let game flow,but feel Mulgrew should have seen red as Alfie was clean through.
Voted Helander for MoM.

Whole way through pre season as well as our first three competitive games, we have been poor overall.

We created absolutely nothing against Dundee Utd who worked like dogs all day but by god they are shite.

It’s hard not to overreact when you see a performance like we saw today. The worrying thing for me is being outworked and Utd looking hungrier

There is no excuse for that

My biggest fear for this year was complacency and after our start I fear that’s what we are seeing

We aren’t as good as what the players think we are. What made us successful was our hunger, application, attention to details and superior quality but we have seen very little of that over the past two games

Crowds back and Tav and Goldson regress to 2018. I kid, I kid.

Helander only one to get passmarks today. Aribo started ok but got worse as game went on.

Lundstrum isn't the answer.

Genuinely worried we won't qualify now.

Typical start of season pantywetter post, give the guy a break he has only played a few games so far. Judge him once he has played a significant amount of gamea.
If he keeps performing like this he should never reach a significant amount of games

Maybe today's performance and result will be the kick up the 'jacksie' the whole team needs for Tuesday's night's game against Malmo. Or as Gerrard politely states it will allow us to 'reset'.

Looking further ahead we may need to break the bank and pay £ 8 million for this guy, Veerman just like we did for Kent in the past. The midfield looks very staid and unproductive. If we are fortunate to qualify for the Champions League it could be embarrassing up against 'the great and the good' if this form continues.

By the way credit where credit is due, Dundee United played out of their skins and deserved their win. Hate losing our winning record but glad it wasn't to Tims or Sheep.

I hoped that on Tuesday. Clearly hit the snooze button
Hard to beat last season so hopefully now we have lost so early that will give them a shake of what we will have to face this season! SG was right this season will be harder, everyone will be wanting to knock us off our perch and we need to battle to make sure they dont!

Bad day, bad result - but one I'd rather take at this stage of the season.

Tuesday it can be put right, the players know this, the players are capable.

We've just been played off the park by a bottom 6 team. It has to be a concern.

We really need to get a right good performance under our belt and let's hope it's coming in mid week.
They were in the top division last season.
Other than that, you’re right.
Every player of theirs was outstanding for them today.
If they can play like that more often, they’ll be top six at the worst.
But they won't play like that every week, as last week proved.

It was absolute garbage from us.

We just need to hope this is the boot up the 'chorus; the players need.

If it isn't then we do indeed have a problem.

Out of 3 competitive games we have lost 2 for me that’s alarming and the squad rotation pish for me should not happen
Context: That is Steven Gerrard`s first defeat in European qualifiers (into his 4 th season) and his first league defeat in 40 games.As he said in his interview,we need to reset.

Hard to beat last season so hopefully now we have lost so early that will give them a shake of what we will have to face this season! SG was right this season will be harder, everyone will be wanting to knock us off our perch and we need to battle to make sure they dont!
He needs to tell the players that as not one battled today or matched Utd.

Disappointed with the result, we did not play well. We are going to have to accept that playing against Rangers is their cup final.

Yep, and if we don’t turn it around on Tuesday, Gerrard will find out we have pretty short memories as a fans group. Even McLaughlin looked flustered today with the little he had to do, and he is usually the coolest guy on the park.
Going by what we've seen so far there's very little chance of us progressing past Malmö .

Sometimes you just have “one of those days” - but that is NOT what happened today…

Last Season is gone and the players need to realise that. We have to show up 100% focused and committed - Dundee United wanted that more today and it showed. Far too many players not performing.

Need a big reaction, or this could very quickly turn into a terrible start of the season. The team need to kick on, not resort back to being the team of 2/3 years ago.

a very lacklustre performance today
a game where it was the oppositions cup final
i hope gerrard sorts this out and demands 100% every game
we thought we'd turn up and win
why does itten not get a game from the start, alfie looked a yard short

But they won't play like that every week, as last week proved.

It was absolute garbage from us.

We just need to hope this is the boot up the 'chorus; the players need.

If it isn't then we do indeed have a problem.
I’m it total agreement here.
It wasn’t just that we played bad, it was our thinking that annoyed me and “decision making” (I really hate using smarty pants cliches like that).
Take Kamara.
One down, eighteen yards out and a clear shooting opportunity.
Why wouldn’t a £20m player take responsibility and shoot?
Okay, there is a teammate a wee bit wider to his left in a bit of space so he thinks to give it to him?
No problem.
Other than he doesn’t play that guy in he plays the pass through a very congested area to Aribo who, guess what, doesn’t take the chance to shoot.
What is it about our players who fail to shoot, not wild hit and hope efforts that I despise, but a clear shooting opportunity?

That was a poor performance from everyone on the pitch. No excuses for any of them. Looks like they thought playing at 60% would be enough to get through game. The problem is when you start with that attitude then having to step up a gear is a challenge. Too many players with their eye on Malmo game not good enough. Every game should be 100% from the off and the next game takes care of itself. Saying that I can see a huge improvement come Tuesday and players finding their form in which will be a massive game for them.
That’s a fairly reasonable excuse though.
That is, we won’t be the first Rangers team to think along those line and definitely not the first team to do so.

I’m it total agreement here.
It wasn’t just that we played bad, it was our thinking that annoyed me and “decision making” (I really hate using smarty pants cliches like that).
Take Kamara.
One down, eighteen yards out and a clear shooting opportunity.
Why wouldn’t a £20m player take responsibility and shoot?
Okay, there is a teammate a wee bit wider to his left in a bit of space so he thinks to give it to him?
No problem.
Other than he doesn’t play that guy in he plays the pass through a very congested area to Aribo who, guess what, doesn’t take the chance to shoot.
What is it about our players who fail to shoot, not wild hit and hope efforts that I despise, but a clear shooting opportunity?
How many goals would Albertz score in this team.

The difference in the 2 teams was hunger and desire. They probably had only one shit on target but they fought for every ball.
We had too many players cruising and more than a couple a shadow of themselves.
Absolute gash in every dept.
good. Point s what Mad John said

Last edited:
Every team knows what's at stake here the winners get automatic entry into the Champions League if that cash is not enough of an incentive it f#@kin should be this season will be the most contested yet and we are stalling out the block's get the finger out or bad days are ahead.

Back