MOTM Poll Dundee Utd v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mate they out fought us and deserved to win.They’ve just beaten a team that went 40
Odd games undefeated.Better just saying they deserved it let them enjoy it.
I’m more concerned with the head in the sand fans on this forum that think that performance is alright.Back the team definitely but when criticism is due then accept it.People actually bragging we had the lions share of possession. Possession we done absolutely fu*k all with.We are honking!
Ok

A few have mentioned this already but being beaten by a lack of desire isn’t acceptable

last season is gone you are now eating into the credit in the bank

We’ve been here before. You’d have thought the players would have learnt by now to take a shot when you get a chance. At least 3 times in that game rather than taking a shot early we pissed about with it and created nothing.
In all honesty, just like Malmö, we were comfortable and in complete control. The united goal had the same touch of fortune as the second for Malmö. Much as we went at our best today I thought united git the rub of the green

By "control" do you mean pointless possession in our own half?

Totally agree. When teams are playing like that against us with a packed box, the amount of deflected goals you should be getting from shots should be high. We are terrified of shooting.
Like watching Wengers Arsenal.

We have players who CAN shoot from distance. In fact we nearly scored from the only shot we had.

Another thing that is clear to me, Barisic is nowhere near fit. Kamara and Kent were poor. Alfiie tried to work with what little service he got.

Another poor show after Wednesday.

We could have played all day today and not scored. One of those days I'm afraid. I dont think we moved the ball quick enough or deliberately enough. It all seemed a bit hopeful with speculative crosses into the box which is meat and drink for big center halfs who'll clear that away all day long. Other than Joe Aribo we lacked invention in the final third. I know he's added it to his game but Morelos was having to drop deep more and more as the game went on as neither Kent nor Aribo were coming to the ball and when Kent did his control was really poor. A poor game today from us all round.

Ok we were very poor but the dab’s got a luck break for their goal,Granted he took it well and it’s goals that count but that was all they did in the second half apart from defend.

The problem always starts with Goldon slowing it down to snails pace this giving the oppostion time to regain theirshape. Imo he is an over rated dud who we would be better off without.
Yeah he's been a bombscare at times so far and should've scored that free header.

Agreed it was too slow was going crazy at that.

second to every ball.

Not looking forward to Malmo now and current form we aren't good enough for UCL and we really need that money.

Established players...Tav, Goldson, Barisic, Davis, Kent and Kamara all seriously under par today. Only two to come away with any sort of credit were Aribo and Helander.

I feel we give teams too much respect early in the match, especially away from home. I understand the tactics is to not give them any chances the first 20 minutes but we need to come out of the traps faster and build momentum. Unfortunately they got a fortunate goal which gave them a second wind. We looked very much out of ideas after that.

Need a big response on Tuesday.
I’m struggling with the Aribo one, and he’s motm on here, but other than that, you’re right.
I’m usually one of the more positive posters but, today, I’m too annoyed to be positive.

I know we eventually ran over Livi last week but i couldn't help feel we had a risk of dropping points look about us and so it proved.

The starting eleven hasn't been strengthened enough in my opinion.

Awful performance. They wanted it more and we just huffed and puffed. Quality into the box was poor also its happens in football and that was some run we where on so i wont be losing the head. Just start again troops

Bad day at the office

The guys have got an early lesson to not take anything for granted

Yeah he's been a bombscare at times so far and should've scored that free header.

Agreed it was too slow was going crazy at that.

second to every ball.

Not looking forward to Malmo now and current form we aren't good enough for UCL and we really need that money.
I’ll separate Europe form from today’s rubbish and just say I expect us to be a helluva lot better on Tuesday.

Gerrard needs to drop players regardless of reputation or stature.

Patterson should have played atleast some minutes in last two games especially after he said he is too good to sit on the bench and Tav has been rotten.

Bassey has looked very good and Borna has been shockingly bad, I'm hoping he isn't fit and it's just time he needs but he has been awful.

Kelly played excellent when called upon and again doesn't get any minutes.

That's on Gerrard and he needs to stop being so stubborn in these situations.

We've just been played off the park by a bottom 6 team. It has to be a concern.

We really need to get a right good performance under our belt and let's hope it's coming in mid week.

I’d rather chance a fully fit and hungry Kelly than a slow and off form Arfield
I tend to agree but never going to happen. Aribo will play the role Arfield played during the week so he’ll not have his lack of pace exposed as much.

I’ll separate Europe form from today’s rubbish and just say I expect us to be a helluva lot better on Tuesday.
everyone expected that after Malmo & we were worse. first game we lose in the league in how long and it's to newly promoted, journeyman dross.

Hopefully need a big performance now.

An early goal and we win the longer it goes and the fans may get on their backs and they may collapse under the pressure as it's been a while since they had to perform under real pressure.

Must say i'm worried on current form we might not be good enough for UCL and we really need that money this Malmo game is the biggest of the season.

The problem always starts with Goldon slowing it down to snails pace this giving the oppostion time to regain theirshape. Imo he is an over rated dud who we would be better off without.
What? He was arguably our best player last season and after a poor start this season you want him gone? I doubt any other Rangers fan agrees with you!

These match threads are bad enough but rightly so today I think, getting beat by a better side the fans will accept, poor attitude and application will not be.
Yep, they can be a mare at times.
I avoided them last season, didn’t enter one the whole season. Time to do the same now I think lol.

Today, Utd played like it was a cup final, like we did constantly last season. We though we’re overwhelmed the first 20 minutes and I think it rattled us.
Utd we’re also aggressive and I think that also effected us. Add to the Malmö hangover, we just looked weak and disjointed.

Malmö at home is now massive for us, as like you say. If we fail there with the fans are back, it’ll likely get dark early that evening.

Have you forgotten how Arfield played on Tuesday?
Arfield might have been poor the other night but hes hardly kicked a ball. He can also weigh in with goals and look a danger unlike the midfield 3 today.

everyone expected that after Malmo & we were worse. first game we lose in the league in how long and it's to newly promoted, journeyman dross.
They were in the top division last season.
Other than that, you’re right.
Every player of theirs was outstanding for them today.
If they can play like that more often, they’ll be top six at the worst.

Always start games far too slow. It gives encouragement to other teams. Makes them feel confident and confidence makes them play better.

Another point. Do we have to start every move with a touch for Goldson? He probably has more touches than the rest of the players combined.
Helps if Davis takes the ball from him and dictates the play positively and probes forward.
No Davis on form we are average, Davis and Kent off form...you get today's performance

I know we eventually ran over Livi last week but i couldn't help feel we had a risk of dropping points look about us and so it proved.

The starting eleven hasn't been strengthened enough in my opinion.
It hasn't been strengthened at all. We're still relying on a 36 year old Davis to do the work of 3 men ffs.

Last season in ALL games we lost 3 games (Leverkusen was technically from the season before) this season we have lost 3 already..BUT there is a bigger picture context that will be lost today.I would not be too harsh on a day like today.

Back