Europa League 19/20 - Everything You Need To Know

I have options now, Ljubljana direct to Kosovo or Split direct to Helsinki for under £150 return. Will book either as soon as we know tomorrow;)

I have options now, Ljubljana direct to Kosovo or Split direct to Helsinki for under £150 return. Will book either as soon as we know tomorrow;)

Doubt we’ll know tomorrow. They take days to announce the days of the game if there’s a clash of teams from the same country etc

When do those ties take place of the teams who aren’t qualified for round 1 yet? We’ll end up getting one of them and not being able to book until they’re played.

Interesting to see if the TC will provide an official trip to some of these locations. I wouldn't think Kosovo or the Faroes would be easy to arrange with the given notice.

When do those ties take place of the teams who aren’t qualified for round 1 yet? We’ll end up getting one of them and not being able to book until they’re played.

That would be a nightmare. Potentially wouldn't be able to book until the week before our tie.

Interesting to see if the TC will provide an official trip to some of these locations. I wouldn't think Kosovo or the Faroes would be easy to arrange with the given notice.
No point relying on the TC their useless mate better going independant

Reactions: MSF
Fully expect the routes to Finland, Gibraltar, Kosovo, Iceland & Faroes all posted on here tonight. :D

Fully expect the routes to Finland, Gibraltar, Kosovo, Iceland & Faroes all posted on here tonight. :D
Think you can maybe forget Gib...might come back to haunt me. I already got Lux, Finland and Kosovo sorted. Will skip Faroes or Island if thats who we get.

Think you can maybe forget Gib...might come back to haunt me. I already got Lux, Finland and Kosovo sorted. Will skip Faroes or Island if thats who we get.
Finland, Iceland & Faroes are all a bit shite. Cost a bomb.

Kosovo/Gibraltar probably the best.

Re those saying about waiting for dates to be finalised - Aberdeen’s site says:

Please note communication of Europa League calendar will be made on the same day at 1800 CET (1700 GMT), i.e. any scheduling changes or fixture reversals due to ‘same city’ clashes.”

Pretty poor that their info is more thorough than ours.

Last edited:

Please note communication of Europa League calendar will be made on the same day at 1800 CET (1700 GMT), i.e. any scheduling changes or fixture reversals due to ‘same city’ clashes.”
They said that last year took about 3 days.

We might need to sort out with Killie and potential clashes with -

Progres - Potential clashes with Fola Esch & Jeunesse Esch
Cardiff - Potential clashes with Barry Town & Connah's Quay (i've no idea if they need to share)
B36 - Potential clash with KI if they win preliminary
Turku - No Potential clash I can see
KR - Potential clashes with Stjarnan & Breidablik
Prishtina (KOS) - No clash
St Josephs - Potential clash if both them and Europa win preliminary.

Cardiff - Potential clashes with Barry Town & Connah's Quay (i've no idea if they need to share)

Wouldn’t worry about the Taffy’s or St Josephs.

Cardiff Met and Barry Town using the Cardiff Athletic Stadium - Connah Quay use Rhyl

Pretty poor that their info is more thorough than ours.

They always say that but it can be a day or 2 later before anything is confirmed

Kosovo is an hour and a half from Skopje.

Entering via Serbia seems risky.

Going with google it says entering from Serbia there is no border control as Serbia don’t recognise Kosovo as a country.
Just reading articles seems a nightmare right enough as if you enter through Albania, Montenegro or Macedonia you might get pulled up if you ever visit Serbia again but they won’t always stamp your passport. Stress levels are going to be through the roof the next couple of days.

we are ball 1 in our group

So when draw is done it is 1 v 7 or 7 v 1 in all those 1-7

Draw procedure

Groups 1 to 7

• All clubs in the seven groups have been ordered randomly and identified by a number: 1 to 5 for the seeded teams and 6 to 10 for the unseeded teams.
  • Two bowls will be prepared, one containing balls with slips of paper numbered 1 to 5 for the seeded teams and the other containing balls with slips of paper numbered 6 to 10 for the unseeded teams.
  • A ball will be taken from each bowl and placed in an empty bowl in the middle, where they will be shuffled. One of the two balls is drawn at random, then opened to display the number it contains. The second ball is drawn to complete the pairing. The result of this draw applies to all seven groups.
  • For example, if the first ball drawn contains the number 2 and the second the number 8, the clubs that have been assigned the numbers 2 and 8 in each of the seven groups will play each other. In addition, the first ball drawn, here containing the number 2, designates the home team for the first leg and for all seven groups.
  • The same procedure is carried out with the remaining balls to complete all the pairings.

we are ball 1 in our group

So when draw is done it is 1 v 7 or 7 v 1 in all those 1-7

Draw procedure

Groups 1 to 7

• All clubs in the seven groups have been ordered randomly and identified by a number: 1 to 5 for the seeded teams and 6 to 10 for the unseeded teams.
  • Two bowls will be prepared, one containing balls with slips of paper numbered 1 to 5 for the seeded teams and the other containing balls with slips of paper numbered 6 to 10 for the unseeded teams.
  • A ball will be taken from each bowl and placed in an empty bowl in the middle, where they will be shuffled. One of the two balls is drawn at random, then opened to display the number it contains. The second ball is drawn to complete the pairing. The result of this draw applies to all seven groups.
  • For example, if the first ball drawn contains the number 2 and the second the number 8, the clubs that have been assigned the numbers 2 and 8 in each of the seven groups will play each other. In addition, the first ball drawn, here containing the number 2, designates the home team for the first leg and for all seven groups.
  • The same procedure is carried out with the remaining balls to complete all the pairings.

They can sometimes swap the ties around though best advice is do not book until confirmed dates and times on the Rangers website/twitter ect

They can sometimes swap the ties around though best advice is do not book until confirmed dates and times on the Rangers website/twitter ect

Am not booking anything until it’s confirmed booked Cyprus the year before last and booked Osijek before the 2nd legs was bricking it and pricing up a flight to Moldova a think it was.

Yes as we know just pointing how it done

It is better trying to find confirmed information from our opponents than us :eek:

Back