Europa league draw

How much do they make if we go out in the next round and they make the quarter finals?
In that case their prize money would be just under 1m more than ours. However, as other posters have said this is ignoring the TV money difference.
To try and put some context on this, the TV money for the next round of EL alone is just under that for the whole Conference knock outs including the final.

Sheriff are a potential opponent aren't they?

Are they actually decent or are they having a wonder season?

The romanticist in me would love to see us get Barca.

Thinking with my head I'd want Sheriff.

Reactions: VGM
The way I see it

Draw either of the German teams and we're as good as out (even allowing for the fact that Leipzig are going through a sticky patch and sacked their manager, I still think they'll be too strong). Dortmund is the nightmare draw out of the lot.

Barcelona or Sevilla - we'd obviously be huge underdogs and likely end of tourney, but you never know and I'd still prefer them over ze Germans.

Porto and Villareal / Atalanta - a solid fighting chance. More than held our own against the first two recently, Atalanta would likely be the trickiest of the 3.

Zenit / Sheriff - Good chance to progress. Zenit no mugs but beatable and we probably start as favourites against Sheriff.

All in all, its a pretty tough draw and odds not in our favour. Progression would be great but it's all just a bonus really, 56 and the associated financial boost (as well as a shot at the real big boys next year) is still the priority.

Zenit would be coming to the end of their winter break though. They won’t have played a game in months.
They could well be in great nick to be fair. Jan/Feb in Dubai or something away from the pressures of covid mentally as well which other Clubs players will be dealing with.

They could well be in great nick to be fair. Jan/Feb in Dubai or something away from the pressures of covid mentally as well which other Clubs players will be dealing with.
Worked well for the Filth last winter of courseB-D

They have obviously players who are on a higher level than anything we have - their budget is much bigger - but they have plenty of uninspiring dross and last night apart are a mind-numbingly dull team to watch epitomised by the human bludgeon of Dzyuba up front

They have obviously players who are on a higher level than anything we have - their budget is much bigger - but they have plenty of uninspiring dross and last night apart are a mind-numbingly dull team to watch epitomised by the human bludgeon of Dzyuba up front
Ha, they are a bit better than them mind. Just if you compare it to how many matches the Spanish Clubs will be cramming in around then I would say Zenit will be pretty fresh and they obviously take pride in winning any European Trophy. Do they still get the weekend off before they play in European knockout matches? Sure CSKA got that in 2005.

I was hoping you would turn up last night as I was looking at these when watching the match v Chelsea:

It is a dramatic rise from 16/17 to 17/18, were tickets really hard to come by before they moved Stadium or did the buzz of a new Stadium just really get more people going? Massive rise that isn't it.

I was hoping you would turn up last night as I was looking at these when watching the match v Chelsea:

It is a dramatic rise from 16/17 to 17/18, were tickets really hard to come by before they moved Stadium or did the buzz of a new Stadium just really get more people going? Massive rise that isn't it.
The old ground was open to the elements which I imagine isn't a nice feeling in a Leningrad winter.

Moved from the old stadium in the city centre to the new one built for the World Cup 3 times as big ... Massively over-budgeted, not easy to get to for many people and right on the gulf so if it wasn't for the roof would be 'baltic' literally. Maybe had they developed the old city centre ground they would have seen even bigger jump in crowds

The old stadium was about 20,000 capacity so almost at the max yep. Must have been tight for tickets for every game

Even still, as a one-club city really to only get 45-50,000 for a city of 5.5million is a pretty poor show. I'm guessing their core match going support probably tops out at this level.

You don't really get the feel walking round here that its a football hotbed and they live and breathe their club despite there obviously being plenty here who do feel that way. Not many bars that are out and out football pubs with a clearly Zenit leaning the way we get at home.

Huge increase mind isn't it, wondered if maybe ticket prices came down as a result of the move.
Yeah it is. The attendances suggest they are the biggest club in the country but I'm not sure if that's the case. Would expect the traditional Moscow clubs to be bigger clubs just without the cash.

Moved from the old stadium in the city centre to the new one built for the World Cup 3 times as big ... Massively over-budgeted, not easy to get to for many people and right on the gulf so if it wasn't for the roof would be 'baltic' literally. Maybe had they developed the old city centre ground they would have seen even bigger jump in crowds

The old stadium was about 20,000 capacity so almost at the max yep. Must have been tight for tickets for every game

Even still, as a one-club city really to only get 45-50,000 for a city of 5.5million is a pretty poor show. I'm guessing their core match going support probably tops out at this level.

You don't really get the feel walking round here that its a football hotbed and they live and breathe their club despite there obviously being plenty here who do feel that way. Not many bars that are out and out football pubs with a clearly Zenit leaning the way we get at home.
It has never struck me as a great atmosphere in that Stadium when I have watched, does always seem half empty (which it obviously is). Still a City and Stadium would love to visit.

Yeh, I’d probably go and look at that competition

Might be the “conference” but it’s not Dagenham and Redbridge in there. Spurs, Roma etc.
It's only really in this country that 'conference' gives a negative connotation because of a division that doesn't even exist anymore. Weird.

It has never struck me as a great atmosphere in that Stadium when I have watched, does always seem half empty (which it obviously is). Still a City and Stadium would love to visit.
Have you visited Moscow before? I am determined to visit Russia and heard STP is the better city for having a good time, but Moscow has much more sights that I want to see.

Have you visited Moscow before? I am determined to visit Russia and heard STP is the better city for having a good time, but Moscow has much more sights that I want to see.
Went to Moscow in 2003 but never saw any Football, went back in 2018 for World Cup - was at Colombia v England at Spartak. The change in the City was amazing, had a good time both occasions. Also went to the Torpedo Moscow Stadium and got a tour, that was interesting to see - it was pulled down last month, green all over but unique Stadium.

Seville would be good
should be ok for tickets and nice city made welcome similar to Porto
Seville would be a good trip. Decent sized ground and more than doable from Faro/Albuifera. I’d imagine the glassy boys would run buses from there again.

Yeah it is. The attendances suggest they are the biggest club in the country but I'm not sure if that's the case. Would expect the traditional Moscow clubs to be bigger clubs just without the cash.
They are definitely smaller than Spartak in support size - you get Spartak fans all over Russia as well as Dynamo - whilst with Zenit they are probably all in around the city and surrounding region with the usual plastic glory hunters in other places who will jump ship to whatever the latest flavour of the month is.

I guess should Dynamo Moscow actually win something again then they might really take off support wise as theres definitely a dormant widespread support with them as it was they, Spartak and Dynamo Kiev who ruled the roost during Soviet times.

No easy draws here - on paper avoiding dortmund a must and sheriff as you say whilst no mugs, would clearly be the best draw
I agree that Dortmund are one to avoid. As stated above, no east tie but Zenit may not be so bad as they may be a little undercooked after their winter break and it would be a chance to avenge the Manchester defeat.

Couldn’t pay me to go to Russia.

Terrifying.

Then again, there is only a select few countries out with Scotland that I would visit :))

Seville would be a good trip. Decent sized ground and more than doable from Faro/Albuifera. I’d imagine the glassy boys would run buses from there again.
it was good last time remember locals taking photos at end of game of our support
brilliant city
Remember also Tom Cruise film was getting made in centre
he also made a appearance at the game and was signing follow follow lol
tom Cruise loyal

Back