Famous Rangers fans.

I moved to the school as Andy & John moved away mate. I don’t think there was a third brother. Andy was older than John & was a really cracking player it seems.

I just knew he had a brother on the books. Thought he was younger but he was older it seems. He may not have made it but it's still something to boast about and quite an experience I bet. Thanks for the info mate :)

Jack Bruce was definitely a Rangers fan, in the Docu about him just after he died he spoke about it and was pictured in the old West Enclosure, he was embarrassed about the religious aspect but said you were 'Either one or the other and I was a Protestant Rangers fan'.

Maybe not verbatim but close enough.

Cheers for that mate -
Like I said the omnibus program in the early 70's showed him at breeze block city & all these years I had him down as one of them -
I knew he went to Bellahouston Academy so what you say makes sense
Him being a hero of mine you've made my day(night)
Thanks again

I was in Australia recently and there was a documentary about a guy called Jimmy Barnes, who's a big rock star over there and is originally from Glasgow. I did some Googling and it said he "worshipped at the Temple of music and Rangers FC". Nothing about it in the programme, but his cousin was interviewed, Jim Duffy!

Just Fontaine, Eusebio, Derek Lord aka Davie Sneddon bad guy in Take the high road, had a swally with us in the Clachan after humping them during niar, Derek Forbes bass guitarist Simple Minds before he fell out with Jim Kerr.

I was in Australia recently and there was a documentary about a guy called Jimmy Barnes, who's a big rock star over there and is originally from Glasgow. I did some Googling and it said he "worshipped at the Temple of music and Rangers FC". Nothing about it in the programme, but his cousin was interviewed, Jim Duffy!
He was with cold chisel, not a bad band at the time 70’s 80’s iirc

Tichy Strider is a bear .
Tinchy-Stryder-Rangers-Fan.jpg

Yes, he's a fan of the Number 1 Team in Scotland.

Cheers for that mate -
Like I said the omnibus program in the early 70's showed him at breeze block city & all these years I had him down as one of them -
I knew he went to Bellahouston Academy so what you say makes sense
Him being a hero of mine you've made my day(night)
Thanks again
Brought up listening to Cream and loved Jack....got to say he looked like a proddie. ...if that make sense. I feel fine..now.

He's massive over here. Similar background to the young brothers and bon scott from acdc, born in Scotland and moved here as a kid.

Last edited:
He’s not a bluenose but I ran into Stuart Adamson in the bogs in the Copeland Front half way through the first half of a game against I think Dunfermline. Anyway I questioned him about being there and he laughed and said he was there with some bluenose mates. Nice guy and saw him with Big Country over here before he sadly passed away.
Anyway good story when I got back to my seat with the bovrils.

Just Fontaine, Eusebio, Derek Lord aka Davie Sneddon bad guy in Take the high road, had a swally with us in the Clachan after humping them during niar, Derek Forbes bass guitarist Simple Minds before he fell out with Jim Kerr.
It must have been a lookalike, he is a raging mentally challenged.

John Hannah who backs independence and a united Ireland ?

John Hannah who referred to orange walks as medieval and called attendees facist bastards?
i think john is whats known as a rotten prod over in ulster, same as the fecker who was in dr who, ashamed of their own background and are more like poets, the kind of twats who support thistle as they are too scared to go the whole hog and support the bheasts.

i think john is whats known as a rotten prod over in ulster, same as the fecker who was in dr who, ashamed of their own background and are more like poets, the kind of twats who support thistle as they are too scared to go the whole hog and support the bheasts.
Fecker in De Who? John Barrowman?

And what’s he said or done to be tarred with that brush?
He was on one of those ‘who do you think you are’ type programmes a few years ago and talked about his family being in the Orange Order/Masonic (can’t remember exact details) and basically shunning them and saying he wanted nothing to do with it.

I don’t recall him actually saying he was ‘ashamed’ but he was definitely distancing himself.

Last edited:
Back