Fashion Sakala in advanced Rangers signing talks

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were linked with him in January, the Sun and the DR back then.

TM says this.

GlasgowLive actually says that sources in Belgium say this too, so perhaps people - at least every now and then - refrain from shooting a "messenger paper" but use that time to verify the info, google et al.

Fashion Sakala 'prefers' Rangers transfer despite Lille interest in Oostende star​

The Zambian forward looks set to move on this summer with Steven Gerrard's side among a host of clubs courting his services.

In-demand Fashion Sakala would reportedly 'prefer' a transfer to Rangers this summer despite interest from Ligue 1 title chasers Lille.

The Ibrox side have emerged as frontrunners to sign the Oostende forward after their interest was revealed last year.

Sakala is out of contract with the Belgian club this summer and looks set to move on.

Voetbal report linking up with Steven Gerrard at the Premiership champions would be his most favourable option.

Reports have also linked Lille - a point clear of Paris Saint-Germain at the French top-flight summit - with a move for the 24-year-old.

It's also claimed Sakala has already knocked back advances from Oostende's domestic rivals Royal Antwerp, who lost out to Rangers in this season's Europa League last 32.

The Zambian attacker has notched 13 goals for his club this term in their quest to qualify for the Champions League.

He's also a team-mate of on-loan Celtic and Scotland centre-back Jack Hendry.

“Well placed African source”...Probs asked the old boy that owns the African supermarket on Mary hill road

Very much like previous of the record are reporting and his names out there and there probably nothing in it

our transfers aren’t leaked

Theres a welcome to Galatasaray video on Youtube for him from a few months ago so i'd assume they've been trying to sign him as well.

Aye your right, why get a quality player for free when you can pay £5m for one.

I’m sure the head honcho’s will spend money where required, good players out of contracts where we can save money will obviously happen too.

Keep in mind a bosman doesnt mean saving money just because theres no fee. The player will be on much higher wages as a result of being moving for free and therein lies the potential problem. If he doesnt work out he'll be on higher wages hed get elsewhere and therefore will not want to leave. He might go on loan but Rangers would still be paying most of the wages and eventually hed leave for nowt or Rangers would have to pay him off.

Im not saying either Bosmans are not handy nor Fashion is terrible, I just dont see him as a big upgrade on what we have so why bother fee or not.

Quite amusing a fake news story has generated so many posts all the same B-D

Keep in mind a bosman doesnt mean saving money just because theres no fee. The player will be on much higher wages as a result of being moving for free and therein lies the potential problem. If he doesnt work out he'll be on higher wages hed get elsewhere and therefore will not want to leave. He might go on loan but Rangers would still be paying most of the wages and eventually hed leave for nowt or Rangers would have to pay him off.

Im not saying either Bosmans are not handy nor Fashion is terrible, I just dont see him as a big upgrade on what we have so why bother fee or not.

Quite amusing a fake news story has generated so many posts all the same B-D
I know fine well the wages are increased in bosman players (in certain instances), but they may be worth it ala Aribo who’s deal worked out at 2 million quid.

Not every bosman is coming in on mega bucks though, I doubt this lad would be on Kent or Alfie money.

Your disregarding someone you’ve never seen for no apparent reason, it’s strange because we need quality. Not every signing is coming in on £7m transfer.

Your post is needlessly negative, if (being the operative word) Gerrard and Wilson want him, then it’s for good reason.

Good chunk of our first team squad we got on bosmans, maybe another bosman can be an upgrade on them?.

Whats the big obsession with lundstrum any game ive watched him in hes been nothing special
I think he was mentioned in connection with us once before and as people have no idea who Gerrard and Wilson are really interested in his name keeps getting dragged up.

It’s the same with Gauld, although unlike Lundstrom whose name did appear in one of the rags in connection with us I seem to remember, he appears to be little more than a proposal by one or two fans on here.

Chances are we’re not interested in either.

I don't see Sakala coming in on huge wages unless we're selling either Kent (highly doubtful), Morelos(50/50) or Hagi (would want double figures minimum)

Then again, they write ...

De Schotten hebben volgens lokale media ...

According to local media, the Scots have ...

... so the Belgiums got their news from Scotland. Ach well, we will see.
Local media would suggest Belgian media to me rather than Scottish given there hasn't been any reports in Scotland along those lines prior to Voetbal's article being published.

I’m excited for us if we get sakala he looks class. Feel sorry for itten though I think if he can get a run of games he could tear the league up . He’s still young so hopefully he can push on next season

I don't know why, but I think there's something in this.
It's a market Ross Wilson has looked in before and tbh I'd be happy with it.
My Mum will be delighted aswell as she was brought up in Zambia.

I don’t think Lundstram improves us at all. Had a good first season but he has been pretty woeful this season.
I was under the impression Lundstram was a different type of player to our current midfield - ie more of a defensive destroyer rather than a passer type.

At times over the last couple of years I've felt that we could have done with that type of player to call on, not sure if Lundstram would be the answer.

Being linked with Danilho Doekhi from Vitesse. Probably nothing in it but it’s fun being linked with players again lol.

The Dutch are already making comparisons to a young van Djik. Strong, aggressive, commanding, good with the ball at his feet, mobile. Plenty attributes to develop. Saw the highlights of the Ajax game and he looks decent.

• Love
Reactions: Moz
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back